Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  You are invited to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 28 2018!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
You are invited to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 28 2018! by 2.5
Started on: 03-28-2018 02:05 PM
Replies: 33 (936 views)
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 12-02-2018 12:05 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

July 28th 2018, in Frazee Minnesota.
Bring your Fiero if you can, bring your other cool car, or just bring yourself to a show you shouldn't miss

If you are camping at Camp Shipman the party gets rolling Friday, some even arrive Thursday.

If you are coming from any distance join with others, we usually have various sizes of Fiero caravans traveling thru Minnesota Thursday and Friday.

Want to catch up on what this is all about?

Here is a news video about the 1st Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show:

Here is a recent video put together by Tyler's Mom that gives more history:

If you want to see a lot of history check out the videos at the Youtube channel.
Subscribe to the youtube channel to help support
https://www.youtube.com/cha...J32RGZA7G5uoL-XK-Smg

Like and follow the facebook page to help support
https://www.facebook.com/ty...ipmanmemorialcarshow

Attend the Car Show to help support
https://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

-
The Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show is still accepting sponsors for this year's show.

Sponsor levels start at just $30.
Sponsors get their name or company on the T shirts!
There will be a cut off date.
Please contact Daneele Shipman, message the facebook page or post here!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-01-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Changing lanes: Tyler Shipman car show seeks family to help
By Nathan Bowe on Feb 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.

After eight years, the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show in Frazee is changing course — money raised will now go to a family with a child that needs help.
The annual car show and rally is held during the Frazee Turkey Days celebration the last weekend in July (July 28 this year) and the funds will be dispersed right after that, Shipman said.
Shortly after Tyler was first admitted to the hospital, he wrote a short note on an online message board named Pennock's Fiero Forum, where he talked to fellow Pontiac Fiero car lovers.

"I have an '86 Fiero GT that I've been slowly fixing up. Well now here I sit at the hospital with cancer, and they can't treat it, and not knowing how long I'll be here — they say could be till spring or longer or shorter, they don't know — I'm just trying to find some way to get it restored before I pass. I love this car."

That short, simple message drew an unexpectedly large response.

Over the course of the next few weeks, Tyler's Project gained more and more momentum, as local people and fellow Fiero lovers from all over came forward to help rebuild his car.

"The people who restored Tyler's car, a lot of them come back every year," Shipman said. "But a lot of new people show up every year, too."

The three-acre Shipman residence is about 10 miles east of Frazee on Highway 87, and every year their yard becomes "Camp Shipman," for people in town for the car show, she said. "We do hayrides, bonfires, pig roasts, we have a lot of fun — it's definitely a fun weekend," she said. "These people are Tyler's last gift to us."

http://www.dl-online.com/ne...ow-seeks-family-help
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 No actually +100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, x 42

I would not miss it. If anyone is into Fieros, or cars in general, you are more than welcome to join in! You can pitch a tent in the yard (FREE!), bring a camper(FREE!) or stay locally in one of the motels.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

... or stay locally in one of the motels.

If you stay in a motel, make reservations soon, they fill up fast!

ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be there again this year..should arrive Thursday about 12-2....Therese(wife) is coming this year also.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so glad that this event is still happening and is as strong as ever.
I really wish I could be there. It has been too long.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I'm so glad that this event is still happening and is as strong as ever.
I really wish I could be there. It has been too long.

Paul! You have 4 months to plan it out! Would be nice to see you again!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show is still accepting sponsors for this year's show.

Sponsor levels start at just $30.
Sponsors can get their name or company on the T shirts!
There will be a cut off date.
Please contact Daneele Shipman, message the facebook page or post here!

a fun pic from a few years back:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-06-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason, I see your picture, and raise you one!

For those who have not met Matt, he is around 6ft 5. After a few photos of him in the car, it took 3 of us to get him back out of that thing! hahaahh!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2018 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember that

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are new postings on the facebook page and event.
https://www.facebook.com/ty...pmanmemorialcarshow/

https://www.facebook.com/ev...ctive_tab=discussion

Also I added the flyer to the 1st post here

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-10-2018).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A shot of the lower end of Camp a few years back.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you pre-registered yet? Are you bringing a Fiero? A different car to show?
A Camper or tent and Camping at the Shipman's? Just stopping in to say Hi during the event?
July is coming up fast!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-26-2018).]

mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2018 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Are you pre-registered yet? Are you bringing a Fiero? A different car to show?
A Camper or tent and Camping at the Shipman's? Just stopping in to say Hi during the event?
July is coming up fast!

looks fantastic....glad to see the event..still doing well....hopefully, I'll try and make it this year....

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a friend driving up from Stl in a non fiero. Trying to make it to Owatonna Wed night. I know a group usually leaves NW Minneapolis area together.

Is this happening?

If so what time and where?

She has a 87 GN t-top and has done Power Tour with me many of times. Bringing her 11 year old daughter.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Myself and other half plan to have 2 Fieros heading up on Thursday thru Minneapolis and can join up to a caravan.
Scott if timing works She can join us in Owatonna, we'd be heading out whenever the time works to meet a caravan group.
I know we have met up in the Elk River area mid morning ish to go up together as a group previous years. 10:30 I think it was?
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will let her know...Don't know her timing...will pass all info on this thread about caravans to her

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Will let her know...Don't know her timing...will pass all info on this thread about caravans to her

There is a post in the Facebook event now as well

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've been chatting with Fiero locals. Some people are heading up even before Thursday, Some are heading up Friday. Still a few others they day of the show. (Some of these people aren't big internet posters.)

If you are interested in heading up to Frazee Thursday, coming through the twin cities area morning-ish to late morning-ish, feel free to comment and see if you want to join a small group which for sure includes myself and another FIero, and possibly a Buick Grand National

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-17-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I'm not going to be able to make it to Frazee this year :-( I wanted to do both the Tyler show and the 35th Anniversary show but can only do one. I've been to the Tyler show 8 times now, so I figured this year I'd try something new. You all better take pictures and video :-) I'm sure going to miss everybody.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Hey everyone, I'm not going to be able to make it to Frazee this year :-( I wanted to do both the Tyler show and the 35th Anniversary show but can only do one. I've been to the Tyler show 8 times now, so I figured this year I'd try something new. You all better take pictures and video :-) I'm sure going to miss everybody.

Hope to see you there for the TENTH !!! Helene and I will be there 2019.

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

So I've been chatting with Fiero locals. Some people are heading up even before Thursday, Some are heading up Friday. Still a few others they day of the show. (Some of these people aren't big internet posters.)

If you are interested in heading up to Frazee Thursday, coming through the twin cities area morning-ish to late morning-ish, feel free to comment and see if you want to join a small group which for sure includes myself and another FIero, and possibly a Buick Grand National

GN might be out..having issues and don't know if it will be fixed or have any miles under the fix by then...will be supercharged Jeep Wrangler if not GN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GN might be out..having issues and don't know if it will be fixed or have any miles under the fix by then...will be supercharged Jeep Wrangler if not GN

Well, that sounds interesting too
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to pack today. Trailer is in the garage getting loaded...

16x100 poly trap packed for SLIP N SLIDE (Dont forget your baby shampoo to assist with the side)

GT is all ready i hope....in the past 3 weeks
AC charged
New master clutch cylnder
New alternator
Oil change.

This will be Therese's first really long trip in a Fiero ( longest before was 3.5 hrs to the 30th], and camping. (Reason for RV) She is a bit nervous.

Still a thought in the back of my mind to bring our Jeep Warngler...hmmmmmmm

Jeep or GT
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

We are making it to Baxter MN wed (8 hr)

Thursday we pickup our RV at 10am

Then a stop at Wally World for last minute snacks and supplies.(baby shampoo)...then on to the Shipman's

Looking forward to it..loved it 2 years ago..and hoping she enjoys herself too this year.

2 of my friends from Power Tour will be joining this year Kristina and her 11 yr old Daughter Candace from ST Louis, and Rory from Moose Jaw, SK Canada...they heard Jeff and I talk about how great of time it is and wanted to join in.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 07-22-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What timing.. I think I may have a spark plug wire giving up on me. Am going to check that out tonight.
Regardless, I will be at the event and plan to have my car!
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You could always bring the buick again.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You could always bring the buick again.

Maybe sometime again.
Plugwire fixed and good to go now.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some plans just don't work out. I should be driving in the Thursday convoy, on Minnesota Route 10 north to Frazee! Post pictures!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have fun this weekend gang! Will not make the show as we will be in Mankato racing BMX. Hats off to all the fellow Fiero lovers!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be right about this time that we would be pulling up to the Shipmans, hugging, shaking hands, pats on the back.....

I am now sad

See some of you at the 35th, and most of you next year for the 10th annual TSMCS!!!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to be there!!!! I started a new job so unfortunately I cannot. Next year though is my year. I'm going hell or high water!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-26-2018).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Running a little behind on pics. If you have facebook there are a few up on there but more to come as well.
Great show, was an excellent weekend again!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics for ya

Some Fieros at Camp Shipman

The 100 ft Slip n Slide at Camp Shipman

Motorcycles at the show

Some sweet cars at the show

Some Fieros at the show

Evening at Camp Shipman

The fire at Camp Shipman

The Sunday Parade

It was an amazing time as usual. I met some new friends and hung out with some old friends.

See you in 2019! You really should come!

www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to make plans for the 2019 Tyler Shipman car show, the 10th! This is a gathering that never disappoints.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors