Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Identify and info these drop spindles and adjustable coils? (pics inside)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Identify and info these drop spindles and adjustable coils? (pics inside) by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 11-19-2017 02:43 PM
Replies: 15 (869 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 06-16-2018 09:42 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edited on 5-26-18 to add the following...

I have decided to part with these Street Dreams drop spindles but I still don't know for sure if they are the 1.25" or 2" drop. I've searched extensively both here and on the web, and have even found some with measurements in the photos, but they don't say if they are the 2" or 1.25" version so I can't effectively compare and verify. Very frustrating.

Several have expressed opinions but can anyone anyone state with assurance which these are? I sure would appreciate it.

I just picked up this pair of drop spindles / knuckles (not sure of the correct term) and I need some help identifying them and how they are used. I did a bit of research and I believe these spindles are from Street Dreams and they may be designed for the 84-87 Fiero. The previous owned had been modifying a 86 GT so that supports that idea. I'm not sure how much drop they provide. I think they came in two sizes. Is this a straight forward replacement or are there other parts required or considerations?

I also picked up these adjustable spring assemblies. No idea of compatibility, etc.

Any assistance with these items is appreciated. I don't need them for my 88 GT daily driver. It's already lowered (by the previous owner) I have a bone stock 87 GT which could be a candidate but I had no plans modify that one. A friend has a stock Formula which might look good after lowering, but again, unsure of the year compatibility or degree of complexity.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 05-26-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those spindles the same ones from Bridgetowns post here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/075851.html

Maybe he can help idendify...

-Van
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are Street Dreams Drop Spindles for the 84-87 fieros.. They look like the 2 inch drop version.

Regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The biggest concern with the coilovers is the sleeve size. What is the inside diameter? The spring retainers bolt on to the top of the strut tower.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-19-2017).]

mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those front spindles are just stock units. Not even for a Fiero but actually for a...Ford Exploder...yeah that's about right. I'll buy them off you for $50 so you can save storage space in your garage. I'm super nice like that and am in no way trying to rip you off.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

Those front spindles are just stock units. Not even for a Fiero but actually for a...Ford Exploder...yeah that's about right. I'll buy them off you for $50 so you can save storage space in your garage. I'm super nice like that and am in no way trying to rip you off.

Have people used other make / Model spindles to drop Fieros?
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Have people used other make / Model spindles to drop Fieros?

I was just being sarcastic. Those are the street dreams spindles that are sought after by many people and carry a decent price tag because of it.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The biggest concern with the coilovers is the sleeve size. What is the inside diameter? The spring retainers bolt on to the top of the strut tower.

2" inside diameter on the threaded sleeve.

3 7/8" diameter on the flanged sleeve.

Both of the threaded sleeves have this ground-off look on one side, but they both thread properly without any resistance.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 11-22-2017).]

steinke_phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steinke_philSend a Private Message to steinke_philEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think these are the 2" drop version. I have a couple sets that i am trying to investigate, and they what appears to be a larger offset.

https://imgur.com/a/KWYKN

-Phil
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steinke_phil:

I don't think these are the 2" drop version. I have a couple sets that i am trying to investigate, and they what appears to be a larger offset.

https://imgur.com/a/KWYKN

-Phil

Its hard to be sure without seeing exactly the same angles but based on the photos I would tend to agree. So if yours are 2" then mine are 1.25"?
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I been meaning to get ahold of another set of 2 in drop.

PM me when you get a chance.
PFF
System Bot
steinke_phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steinke_philSend a Private Message to steinke_philEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

Its hard to be sure without seeing exactly the same angles but based on the photos I would tend to agree. So if yours are 2" then mine are 1.25"?

I am not sure what sizes were available. I did not purchase mine direct. Here are some pictures with measurements, and hopefully somebody else can chime in to help out.

https://imgur.com/a/i3P2l
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2018 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to part with these Street Dreams drop spindles but I still don't know for sure if they are the 1.25" or 2" drop. I've searched extensively both here and on the web, and have even found some with measurements in the photos, but they don't say if they are the 2" or 1.25" version so I can't effectively compare and verify. Very frustrating.

Several have expressed opinions but can anyone anyone state with assurance which these are? I sure would appreciate it.
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2018 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I'll try and make a measurement of a stock set to compare them with.

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I'll try and make a measurement of a stock set to compare them with.

Great! Thanks!
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Still trying to get positive ID on the drop spindles.. 2" or 1.25"?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock