Is this Hulki Aldikacti Autograph? by 80sRbck
Started on: 09-28-2017 03:04 PM
Replies: 18 (1030 views)
Last post by: spirit on 10-09-2017 07:16 PM
80sRbck

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2017 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone help identify the signatures in this picture? I bought an 88 Fiero GT that was previously owned by a gentlemen who stated that Hulki Aldikacti had signed the visor of his winning Fiero GT at a car show many years ago. It appears to be 2 signatures on the visor, but I could be mistaken. If anyone can help identify them it would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the internet and can not find anything to compare to.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one on the right is Hulki's.
80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you familiar with his signature by chance? Like have another example of his? Its pretty cool to think he may had actually sat in my Fiero before.

Here are a few pics of my car:

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! VERY NICE Fiero! I'm jealous of your hood and decklid undersides.

I've seen a few pics. One on a wheel well; another on a dash; and one or 2 others. I never met him.

Here is a known genuine Hulki signature, for comparison.
80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2017 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That looks just like his. Sweet!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the compliment!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn, that's one clean looking car. Any miles on it?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki signed my car at the 25th. Very nice man, I think humbled by the accolades...

Your signature looks real-deal.
80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Damn, that's one clean looking car. Any miles on it?

It has 66K right now.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also have his signature on my Fiero Memorial Trophy ... your signature is the real McKoy... uhh the real thing ... I will post a pic of it here soon.

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Thx buddy!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pics where you can see on my "In Construction" Fiero Trophy, Hulki's signature. This black metal plate used to be on the front driverside interior firewall where the RPO tag used to be. Hulki tagged that fiero which now doesn't exist as the car was scrapped and pressed. A PFF member here cut it out and sent it to me. As you can see in the second pic this will rest on the top of a trophy for "BEST FIERO" at the annual car show trophy. Each year the winner will have his name engraved on a small plate. This trophy stays with the annual show and the winner receives another trophy. If you look closely I have redone the two 1/43 scale fieros on the right... still working on the Indy on the left. Bodywork and paint still needed and the plates need to be attached ....... for which car show you asked .... we'll I'll let you know in 2019 !!!!

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2017 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm jealous of your hood and decklid undersides.

I think they are repainted.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-02-2017).]

80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I think they are repainted.

No... Original paint.. No touch-ups or new paint. The previous 2 owners took very good care of the car.

[This message has been edited by 80sRbck (edited 10-04-2017).]

80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2017 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

80sRbck

8 posts
Member since Sep 2017

Originally posted by Danyel:

Here are the pics where you can see on my "In Construction" Fiero Trophy, Hulki's signature. This black metal plate used to be on the front driverside interior firewall where the RPO tag used to be. Hulki tagged that fiero which now doesn't exist as the car was scrapped and pressed. A PFF member here cut it out and sent it to me. As you can see in the second pic this will rest on the top of a trophy for "BEST FIERO" at the annual car show trophy. Each year the winner will have his name engraved on a small plate. This trophy stays with the annual show and the winner receives another trophy. If you look closely I have redone the two 1/43 scale fieros on the right... still working on the Indy on the left. Bodywork and paint still needed and the plates need to be attached ....... for which car show you asked .... we'll I'll let you know in 2019 !!!!

WOW! How cool is that?! Nice work.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2017 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 80sRbck:

No... Original paint.. No touch-ups or new paint. The previous 2 owners took very good care of the car.

Someone seems to have repainted the under hood and lid.
It doesn't look like the correct gray I've never seen one with that light gray under the lids except one, and that one I saw was repainted. The stock gray is darker. There is no body color overspray on the edges of yours, which is especially present on stock hoods. This indicates they taped off the color edge and painted the gray. Its also missing some decals. I can see a line on the underhood paint where the rubber gasket lands. Are the nuts and washers that hold down the spoiler black, they should be.

Here is the color of an original one, and the decals too. (though it is an engine swap car). There is another car in the distance.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-05-2017).]

80sRbck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80sRbckClick Here to visit 80sRbck's HomePageSend a Private Message to 80sRbckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Someone seems to have repainted the under hood and lid.
It doesn't look like the correct gray I've never seen one with that light gray under the lids except one, and that one I saw was repainted. The stock gray is darker. There is no body color overspray on the edges of yours, which is especially present on stock hoods. This indicates they taped off the color edge and painted the gray. Its also missing some decals. I can see a line on the underhood paint where the rubber gasket lands. Are the nuts and washers that hold down the spoiler black, they should be.

Here is the color of an original one, and the decals too. (though it is an engine swap car). There is another car in the distance.

Hummm, that's pretty good observation. I'll look into it a bit closer and get back to you. Now mines an 88, what year is the one in your photo?

[This message has been edited by 80sRbck (edited 10-06-2017).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car in the photo is an 87, kinda looks likes darthfieros car a few years ago.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-07-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe it is Darthfieros car.
I've had an 86, 87 and 88 and the underside of the decklids were all the same color.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I have seen are simi-gloss black. I also have Hulki's signature on my deck lid. So glad I have it. It has been clear coated to protect it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock