The Fiero Factory in Huntsville by FieroG97J
Started on: 05-29-2017 06:19 PM
Replies: 30 (1936 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-23-2022 09:11 AM
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with TFF today and they are in fact doing any and all Fiero work. In fact all makes are under their care. Word on the street had been that they were going toward vettes, but they assured me that is not true.

I have also talked with Ed Parks recently and he and Rosie are doing fine also.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, this is in Tony, Al about 15-20 miles north of Huntsville. Jeremy still does good Fiero work and has a lot of parts available.

Nelson
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

I spoke with TFF today and they are in fact doing any and all Fiero work. In fact all makes are under their care. Word on the street had been that they were going toward vettes, but they assured me that is not true.

Does Ed still have any Fieros?

FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that Ed has deleted all his Fieros. He has some serious vision problems, so I believe that Rosie chaufers him around.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TFF has been branching out. Since the Fiero population is dwindling, Jeremy had to do something to keep the lights on, but yeah. They still are very much in the Fiero business.

I'm happy that Ed and Rosy are doing well. Please give them my regards when you talk with them again.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When Ed Parks owned the Fiero Factory that place was jumpin. It was a time when many young folks with limited funds were able to buy and customize an affordable two seat sports car. We were at one of the Fiero Factory open house/flea market events in the late 90's and there were well over a hundred people there. Ed and Rosy were great hosts and those were great times, but as with everyone else age brings retirement. Now most Fiero owners are middle age, the next generation stays glued to their smart phones and has no idea what Pontiac was. The Fiero Factory changed hands and its good to hear that Jeremy continues offering Fiero parts and all make service. There is probably still a yard full of Fieros there but recent reports are that despite the low demand the prices there for parts are exorbitant.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that Ed has deleted all his Fieros. He has some serious vision problems, so I believe that Rosie chaufers him around.

I'm sorry to hear that! Please let him know that the Gilberts in PA say hello next time you talk to him.

~ Jen
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good memories. I met Rosie and Ed back in 2008 when I drove from upstate NY to Toney, Alabama for a 3.4 swap. I spent ten days at their place. I got to know them well. They are great people. Rosie is a sweetheart and Ed a nice guy. They were very hospitable and accommodating. They took me in as part of the family. Miss them both. It was during my stay there that Ed was negotiating with Jeremy on possible sale of the business. I got to meet Jeremy also. From time to time I've gotten parts from them. Now I'm in Vegas and fortunate to have the Las Vegas Fiero Yard in driving distance along with Dave’s talent, key person at the club and Fiero Yard. He's worked on both of my cars. Recently did a swap on my 87 GT
t-top. The Yard has quite a few Fieros and lots of parts- reasonably priced. Dave is a top-notch mechanic, on quite an authority on Fieros, and very accommodating. I count on him to keep my Fieros running.
I would definitely contact him for parts or advice.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vitog44:

...Now I'm in Vegas and
fortunate to have the Las Vegas Fiero Yard in driving distance along with Dave’s talent, key person at the club and Fiero Yard. He's worked on both of my cars. Recently did a swap on my 87 GT
t-top. The Yard has quite a few Fieros and lots of parts- reasonably priced. Dave is a top-notch mechanic, on quite an authority on Fieros, and very accommodating. I count on him to keep my Fieros running.
I would definitely contact him for parts or advice.

Is that the same Dave who did most of the 4.9 swaps at the Fiero Factory? I know he had some health issues. I hope he's doing well.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Is that the same Dave who did most of the 4.9 swaps at the Fiero Factory? I know he had some health issues. I hope he's doing well.

I was guessing sardonyx, but I guess there could be 2 Daves.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No this is Dave (Sardonyx) At Vegas Fiero Club. Here are some pics of Las Vegas Fiero Yard and of Dave working on my 3.4 swap:

I also did know Dave in Alabama. Matter of fact, he did the first 3.4 swap back in 2008. Nice guy and he did have health issues at that time.
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 06-05-2017).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vitog44:

No this is Dave (Sardonyx) At Vegas Fiero Club.
I also did know Dave in Alabama. Matter of fact, he did the first 3.4 swap back in 2008. Nice guy and he did have health issues at that time.

Ah, okay. Got it. Thank you.

Dave (in AL) also did my 4.9 swap, in like 2006.
To this day, you probably could pick up the car by the engine, and shake it until the body panels fell off, and the engine would still be solidly attached to the cradle.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, the old l old but solid 3.4 still roaring.
D3V0LV3R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2022 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3V0LV3RSend a Private Message to D3V0LV3REdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in the area Saturday so I went by The Fiero Factory /TFF. I knew it would be closed but I wanted to see how everything looked. The place looked very neat and clean. There weren't as many Fieros in the yard. I think the person who bought the parts business has been moving the cars, but I'm not sure. Here are some pictures of the yard areas.

There were also a couple of Fieros in the open garage to the left of the shop. That side might be dedicated to the parts business.
Does anyone know how Dave is doing?

[This message has been edited by D3V0LV3R (edited 07-11-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2022 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update... The parts business in now owned by mrfiero on this forum. I've dealt with him before. A real straight shooter.
Jeremy (TFF Auto) is still doing Fiero repairs as needed, along with other cars.

Sadly, I heard that Ed Parks passed away a couple of months ago. I believe that Rosy is still in Alabama, however.
Haven't heard anything about Dave in many years.
D3V0LV3R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2022 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3V0LV3RSend a Private Message to D3V0LV3REdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Raydar. I'm very sad about Ed's passing. He was one of this world's greatest people. The last time I saw him was at his last swap meet. I was having a migraine. He seemed very happy to see me and I probably came across as somewhat distant. I have always wanted to see him again and explain.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2022 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right off the bat in the first picture those Mecham scoops on the Indy. Those are like hens teeth to find.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The parts business is now owned by “mrfiero”?
Either I got my userid names mixed up or that is the guy from Colorado, often goes on the California Coast Run and has a Bugeye!
Am I correct?
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 07-12-2022).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero Here:

Old thread, but to answer the initial question......yes; The Fiero Factory is still in business!

I will not get drawn into the quagmire of who was better, Ed or Jeremy, as it serves no real purpose (and will only create more arguments). Both had their pros and both had their cons as it pertained to the running of the business.

I will say that things are changing down in Toney, Alabama. Hopefully for the better, but only time will tell. Without any further delay (drum roll please)....I have bought the Fiero Factory and am now the new owner! To clarify, I own and operate the Fiero parts business only. Jeremy will continue on with his repair shop, TFF Auto Center. The address is the same, the website (to be updated/redesigned in the near future) is the same and while the old phone number still works, we will be phasing it out as it is causing confusion amongst both of our customers. Our new phone system will prompt you when you call, but it is not a permanent thing. Eventually we'd like everyone to use the new number, which is (256) 285-1988.

I am working very hard on getting the yard and shop space cleaned and organized as well as re-supplying the yard with fresh cars (I've been all over the country buying cars....California is up next!). It is a slow and arduous process and at the moment I am the only one here, so please be patient with me. Jeremy still helps, but I have no employees so I field all the calls, pull the parts, pack & ship as well as drag Fieros back down here.

I will make an "official" post later tonight.

Thanks!

Mike Valentine

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

The parts business is now owned by “mrfiero”?
Either I got my userid names mixed up or that is the guy from Colorado, often goes on the California Coast Run and has a Bugeye!
Am I correct?
Kit

Kit,
See Patrick's post, just above this one.
I forgot that Mike had posted that. But then, I've slept since then, so...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-12-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Information has just come to me that Dave from the Fiero Factory passed away a few years ago. He had left the FF some time before his passing, but I don't have any more details.
D3V0LV3R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D3V0LV3RSend a Private Message to D3V0LV3REdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for that info about Dave. I'm glad he is well remembered here.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2022 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading all the posts on the Fiero Factory the info is very confusing. Mike Valentine has bought the parts business but we certainly do not hear much about that activity. Jeremy owns the repair business and is reportedly still open but the last time that we heard from him here he sold a few screws to one of our members for $30 years ago. I don't believe that both businesses can be successful if they do not establish a stronger online presence but maybe they are thriving.
I look back to the Fiero Factory when it was owned and operated by the late Edwin Parks and his yearly open house that brought hundreds to Toney, AL from all over. It was a different time, the hobby was going strong and most Fiero owners were young. Judging by the attendance at Carlisle and at the anniversary shows it seems like the hobby is still thriving but really changing.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2022 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

After reading all the posts on the Fiero Factory the info is very confusing. Mike Valentine has bought the parts business but we certainly do not hear much about that activity. Jeremy owns the repair business and is reportedly still open but the last time that we heard from him here he sold a few screws to one of our members for $30 years ago. I don't believe that both businesses can be successful if they do not establish a stronger online presence but maybe they are thriving.
I look back to the Fiero Factory when it was owned and operated by the late Edwin Parks and his yearly open house that brought hundreds to Toney, AL from all over. It was a different time, the hobby was going strong and most Fiero owners were young. Judging by the attendance at Carlisle and at the anniversary shows it seems like the hobby is still thriving but really changing.

Dennis...
Mike is doing the used parts business. Period. Anyone here who has dealt with him knows that he is a "stand up" guy. I've bought lots of stuff from him. Always at a decent price, and shipped quickly.
Jeremy is doing repairs. Period. He's also doing repairs for other brands of vehicles for the locals. Obviously he is doing well.
What's to be confused about?

Some people are too busy to establish a "friendy" web presence. It is what it is. People are having to "streamline".
Yes. It was a different time. Ed is dead and gone. The Fiero Factory as we knew it is gone. People change. Things change.
People who are still interested in buying parts or service will adapt. And not complain about "the good old days".
Right?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-16-2022).]

FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2022 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike spends a lot of time out of state chasing parts and cars to buy. Jeremy has no office staff to answer the phone and with him being the only mechanic, he's really a one man band.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2022 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if they kept the rare 85 coupe with the factory blue paint (tester car) that was rescued from a Junk Yard. I remember reading about it years ago on this forum and it was sent to TFF for safe keeping. Seeing how most of the cars are gone, I assume it is no more?

a link to the past..

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...020118-1-010281.html

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 07-17-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2022 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

I wonder if they kept the rare 85 coupe with the factory blue paint (tester car) that was rescued from a Junk Yard. I remember reading about it years ago on this forum and it was sent to TFF for safe keeping. Seeing how most of the cars are gone, I assume it is no more?

a link to the past..

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...020118-1-010281.html

That particular car was stored inside. Not out in the "general population". I hope it's still there.
Knowing the previous and current owners, I have to believe it still is.

Edit - Latest info I received is that the car is likely no longer there. Not a certainty, but a good probability.
Unless Mike knows differently. (This all would have taken place before Mike got involved. Not on him.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-18-2022).]

FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2022 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the blue car show up in Robert Casey's book "All Fiero Colors and Codes?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2022 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, sadly that car is no longer - a decision that predates Mike's time.

Mike is working very hard to serve Fiero owners via the Fiero Factory. Facebook messages and emails are promptly responded to and he is also readily available via phone. We are lucky to have him!

~ Jen
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2022 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:
Mike is working very hard to serve Fiero owners via the Fiero Factory. Facebook messages and emails are promptly responded to and he is also readily available via phone.
We are lucky to have him!

~ Jen

Indeed we are.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-23-2022).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors