Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Upgrade kit for the 84-86 headlight motor system (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Upgrade kit for the 84-86 headlight motor system by Rodney
Started on: 04-11-2017 05:45 AM
Replies: 44 (1759 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 04-25-2017 06:10 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that this new system for the 84-86 Fieros has real merit for owners having electrical control problems. What I would like to see as a secondary product is a module that will fit and control the 84-86 Fiero headlights that have been retro-fitted with the later 87-88 motors. Why? because you can buy the 87/88 motors new? Not bashing, just offering a suggestion.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
What I would like to see as a secondary product is a module that will fit and control the 84-86 Fiero headlights that have been retro-fitted with the later 87-88 motors. Why? because you can buy the 87/88 motors new?

So would I and I spent a lot of time, money and effort over the last several months with a local EE on trying to reverse engineer the 87/88 headlight module. It has an IC chip that is renumbered or made special just for GM. Without the info on that chip it is very difficult to design a module to replicate the GM module. With enough time, testing etc one could probably make one. Too small of a market. We gave up and went on to this new idea.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

So would I and I spent a lot of time, money and effort over the last several months with a local EE on trying to reverse engineer the 87/88 headlight module. It has an IC chip that is renumbered or made special just for GM. Without the info on that chip it is very difficult to design a module to replicate the GM module. With enough time, testing etc one could probably make one. Too small of a market. We gave up and went on to this new idea.

Understand the challenge. With the 87/88 system you would have to design a current sensing shutdown circuit from scratch. Agree that it would require much work for a low return.
Should problems develop with my 85 system, your new module should cure the issues and I feel that it is a worthwhile product . I just wish that new 84-86 headlight motors were available as they are a pain to rebuild and adjust properly.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-22-2017).]

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just do it.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

But someone does the same thing for GT taillights and you butt in and trash it from the start?

What's good for the goose...

Seriously? Were you even paying attention?

We all know what a stellar vendor that person turned out to be. This was after multiple attempts that they royally fscked up and promised to fix. Always an excuse. (With multiple products, I might add. Not just the GT tails.)
I could supply links, but there's really no point.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock