Started on: 11-09-2016 01:03 PM
Replies: 12 (447 views)
Last post by: unboundmo on 11-13-2016 11:12 AM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you mount the relays and how did you lay out your harness. Please post up Any pics you have..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For my 90mm, I found out their pigtail plug type and also the Fiero's.. I don't remember what type they are,sorry.. But bought either on eBay or Amazon.. I also felt it was easier keeping the wire color coordinated when I made the adapter plug... Hooked it all up, shrink wrap.. And it worked! I'm just setup on factory.. No additional relay needed for me

Edited to say that everything has wire loom to finish it off.. I ran HID's for some time and I mounted the box in the cubby area off the front wheel well when you take the cover off.. I'm back to normal bulbs now though.. Got suckered on eBay hid bulbs and quit it all

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 11-11-2016).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

What tool did you use to mount the headlight to the bucket? I can't get the adjuster ball to push into the plastic retainer when the retainer is inserted into the buckets. If I insert the ball first then I still can't get the retainer in the bucket.
Thx,
any help is appreciated.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

What tool did you use to mount the headlight to the bucket? I can't get the adjuster ball to push into the plastic retainer when the retainer is inserted into the buckets. If I insert the ball first then I still can't get the retainer in the bucket.
Thx,
any help is appreciated.

You need to install the black retainer onto the adjuster first and then press the assembly into the bucket. I used a large slip joint pliers like this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/...-Plier-480/205857095

Use a socket on the bucket so the jaw of the pliers doesn't interfere with the plastic piece pushing through the hole. I've installed 2 sets of these on my car and the wife's car, the pliers is the way to go.

Make sure the holes in your headlight buckets have a relief machined into them. The metal the bucket is made from is too thick for the adjuster to lock into so the hole needs to be thinned out by about half its thickness. You should see a recessed area about an 1/8" larger than the diameter of the hole.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a C-clamp because my channel-lock pliers weren't big enough. The pliers would probably get it done faster.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember exactly but it was in the same boat with these guys.. I DO remember having difficulty also and be careful Rthat you push straight and not angles.. You might break a tab off the retainers.. Luckily, I had some extra ones
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thx Guys, I knew I was on the right track but also know it's only easy if you have the right tool. My fingers were definitely not the right tool. I have a C clamp and will give that a go but probably need to get those pliers.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
$50 bucks.....Are you kidding me???

Originally posted by seajai:

You need to install the black retainer onto the adjuster first and then press the assembly into the bucket. I used a large slip joint pliers like this one:

Make sure the holes in your headlight buckets have a relief machined into them. The metal the bucket is made from is too thick for the adjuster to lock into so the hole needs to be thinned out by about half its thickness. You should see a recessed area about an 1/8" larger than the diameter of the hole.

I will check for the recess. I have Danyel's buckets. Not sure I remember seeing them.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

$50 bucks.....Are you kidding me???

I will check for the recess. I have Danyel's buckets. Not sure I remember seeing them.

You may be able to get by with a smaller pair of pliers, bring an adjuster screw with you to the store and buy the appropriate size. Do you have a Harbor Freight in your area? I have a giant pair of pliers from back in my wrenching days. They are a good investment, you wouldn't believe how many different things you can use them for. They work great in place of a C-clamp.

I got a pair of buckets from Danyel this summer that were missing the recess. I believe he had a batch of them where the recess didn't get machined.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 11-12-2016).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will have to thin the wall around the hole.... I used a dremel with a grinding wheel to thin it out from the inside of the bucket.... the funny thing is that some who bought my buckets did not have that issue .... oh well ....
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a pen mill to thin the area.

https://www.amazon.com/Lega...Choose/dp/B00B014M8E

A bushing will be needed to make up the difference between the size of the hole in the bucket and shaft on the pen mill. I bought one from my local hardware store.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 11-12-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will have to thin the wall around the hole.... I used a dremel with a grinding wheel to thin it out from the inside of the bucket.... the funny thing is that some who bought my buckets did not have that issue .... oh well ....
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

regards
Danyel

I didn't have any issue either.. But I made my own bucket.. 18ga I believed I used

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock