Started on: 06-24-2016 11:53 PM
Replies: 89 (2389 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 04-18-2017 10:20 PM
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in as well. I should be able to help coordinate things again this year too. Let me know what you have in mind Frank... or whomever...
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Awesome Jason. Here is the link to the Facebook page

It looks like there are more than one facebook event, I can comment when I share to include both.
Or wait for clarification.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-23-2016).]

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before this even gets started, who will be the "go to" in charge person? We don't need to get multiple pages talking about the same event all over the place. Keep it organized guys. If nobody else steps up, I will. But I work A LOT and would prefer someone else being the chief. Building pages all over the place is confusing to those interested in coming down. Building ANYTHING before Thanksgiving is also jumping the gun in my opinion.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2016 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a facebook group by Frank, and I believe Patricks' facebook event is an event to join up and drive down, not so much the show itself.
I will let John and others answer though as I am just an observer

Its evident there is a lot of excitement around this show and that's good.

-

*edited - it is not Johns facebook event.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-22-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I believe Johns facebook event is an event to join up and drive down, not so much the show itself.

I do not have a Facebook event page. Patrick set one up, but I do not know if it was before or after the one Frank set up. I do agree, one page would be the way to go to communicate and keep confusion down. Whoever wants to step up and take charge, just let me know if there is anything you need help with.

PatrickTRoof

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My key goal is to get the word to as many people as possible. Frank said it's going to be low key and I'm going to respect that. However, this event is the one thing I look forward to all year, and I want to share it with as many people as I can.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exactly does low-key mean? Does it mean no door prizes, no raffle prizes, no cruise, dinners, and just showing up at the track on Saturday morning? Does it mean some of the above and not others?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Frank on PFF?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Is Frank on PFF?

Frank is the Original Poster that started this topic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Frank is the Original Poster that started this topic

Oh, well I'm sure he'll check in soon.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What exactly does low-key mean? Does it mean no door prizes, no raffle prizes, no cruise, dinners, and just showing up at the track on Saturday morning? Does it mean some of the above and not others?

I really don't know. I messaged Frank and he said, "It's strictly going to be a gathering of friends." Now, all I know is that come the end of March, I'm going to want to get out of this rotten weather and spend a weekend in beautiful Florida, see some of my Fiero friends and some other cool cars. I really look forward to that each spring.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/230726950328933/

Frank controls who he lets into the Space Coast Facebook. He gets too many just wanting to add it to their list, but have no Fieros. Too much junk mail comes in from people.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2016 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:
Frank said, "It's strictly going to be a gathering of friends."

So does this mean, no plans for trophies, dinners, lunches, cruises, door prizes, raffles and other activities?

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So does this mean, no plans for trophies, dinners, lunches, cruises, door prizes, raffles and other activities?

I really don't know.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When Frank and Marianna ran the show there was a fee to enter. That money went to purchasing trophies, dash plaques, getting door prizes and banquet reservations. Early on the fee covered registration for the track, but some complained about the cost. Now there is a separate registration fee for the Daytona track. We used to have a lot of support from Central Florida group, but those active members either died, got out of Fieros or lost interest. Not having a group of volunteers to help with the planning puts a lot strain on those that help.

We did have air boat rides, lunch cruises, driving cruses etc. of things to do while in the Daytona area.

The years where there was a non judged show, attendance went down. I guess that some just want a trophy.

Before I moved to Florida, I drove down from upstate NY, just to get out of the winter.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The year before last, a few of us took money out of pocket for the trophies, dash plaques and such. After the show, receipts were tallied, and we paid ourselves back with the raffle and 50/50 money. The remaining money after everything was paid for went to Todd Mulinax's wife.

We also posted a GoFundMe page to help with show costs. Only a few people actually donated anything out of the 80 or so cars that attended.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I know is I will try to be there, and I will try to get as many people to come as I can. I hope we can organize some fun activities as we have done in the past.
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

All I know is I will try to be there, and I will try to get as many people to come as I can. I hope we can organize some fun activities as we have done in the past.

One thing I will undoubtedly be organizing is the New Smyrna Raceway Track Attack. That was the most fun I have ever had at a Daytona Fiero Gathering.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

One thing I will undoubtedly be organizing is the New Smyrna Raceway Track Attack. That was the most fun I have ever had at a Daytona Fiero Gathering.

Absolutely!
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to jump on board for 2018 to possibly sponsor and plan with the other two people I have heard run it.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frank had started this thread, and seems to have interest in running the show again this year. I think that is great! I do think it is going to be pretty laid back from what I have seen, as he said it will just be a "gathering of friends".

Patrick is doing due diligence in getting the word out, and letting everyone know. I am hoping to have my 3800SC swap there if it is completed in the next couple months. I have ran into quite a few snags with the swap

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be sharing the event today.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1176794782387204/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-14-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason, yes, I would use the above link you posted. I KNOW that one will be kept up to date, with out any doubt. The other one, would be like this thread, start it and potentially not respond for weeks or months on end

It has been Central Florida Fieros that has been affiliated with the show in the past, but I have not seen any of them make any plans or such for anything this year.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-14-2016).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally back from overseas.

For those interested in something to do on the way south Capital City Fieros set up a little on the way stop.

A chance to tour Richard Childress Racing facilities.

http://capitolcityfieroclub...html?_=1459707832735
------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 12-25-2016).]

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick question, I am trying to register for the show. Do the fieros get exempted from the pre 1980 rules or do I have to send a pic in and hope the car is modified enough to be considered? I have not been in a few years but last time I was in a bone stock 87 GT and did not have to mess with the custom thing.. is there a secret.

BTW just so you all know there is only ONE room at the hotel left at the Fiero rate... get IT while it's hot.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been coming to the Daytona show since 1996 and Fieros have had a pass to attend the spring show.
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros are considered a sort of specialty car and are exempt from the age requirement. Just send the normal form and they'll take it, no problemo.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than two months away! I hope everyone is still planning on coming down!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only a few weeks left, I better get my cleaning and polishing done soon.
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of this moment I am doubtful for this year. I had my red t-top car damaged by a 3" pipe puncturing the front quarter panel, one vehicle is still in the paint shop, and I leave for Italy on March 30. I will try to get a car there but do not wait for me to show up.

Nelson
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My pass arrived in the mail yesterday. See you there!
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoke to the show management yesterday and registration are up from last year,

Maybe life is looking up a little.

All I know is that I'm sweating today down here while working on Marianna's "White Horse" to get it ready.

Winter - what a dream
------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-07-2017).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a connection with New Smyrna. Do we want to lean on them to try to get permission to run the track?
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

I've got a connection with New Smyrna. Do we want to lean on them to try to get permission to run the track?

If you can sweet talk them, go for it. I spoke to someone there and she said that was no longer allowed.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a name of who you talked to and a specific reason why? I don't believe the track has changed ownership, but if operations are suspended or some other reason (maybe they're repaving it or something, who knows) it may make a difference whether we should go after it or leave it. You can PM me if you don't want to give a name.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a specific person's name I can give you, sorry.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll see what I can do. Obviously no promises.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just dug out all the info from 2015 when I set the New Smyrna thing up. The contact person then was Kim Brown. She was tough to get a hold of, and a lot of voice mail tag. When we got there, she was the one that gave the safety briefing, and had us all sign the waivers.

It was an ABSOLUTE BLAST and would love to do it again! Here is a compilation video I put together and synced up from various cameras.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock