Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Danyel's 88 Formula Automoda Convertible Worklog (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Danyel's 88 Formula Automoda Convertible Worklog by Danyel
Started on: 06-16-2016 09:54 PM
Replies: 96 (4512 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 01-15-2024 08:16 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hello my friend!

Hey Tony my friend ...hope all is fine in your life!!
Danyel
IP: Logged
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

You know how we know you didn't read the thread?

Hello Patrick
Nice to see you here lookin at the old girl. She is getting major surgery and upgrades. Stay close as this week’s work is gonna get serious.
regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-31-2018).]

dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're making me feel lazy. I love automodas but I mostly just want to drive them. The 84 isn't in that good of body shape but it's going to be fun when I get it running.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was another productive day. Spent over 2 hours fishing the PM wiring through the OEM locations. The doors was the toughest part as the wires needed not to be in contact with the window mechanism.

Spent hours on sanding and painting the mirrors and buckets a satin black.

Was unable to take the under frame support pics as the car sits to low. I will need to take it to the garage and put it on a lift to get good pics for ya... I still have alot to do at home and will post more tomorrow .... stay tuned !!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-31-2018).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate your making the effort on the frame pictures. Don't make any extra effort though. Whenever it's convenient is fine with me. Thanks again.
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
send your email address to me and I will show you 4 - 1/12th Fiero's. 1984 SE, 1985 IMSA and 2 GTP ( AT & T and Percolator) gtcarman@hotmail.com
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well tonight is the big reveal ... I have been working really hard on the ODDS and ENDS to complete my Automoda's upgrades. I started modifying the doors lowers by removing the bottom carpet. These took me 1 hour each with heat and Acetone making sure not to damage the structure. I will be covering these in black leather and removing the door pockets. I may later insert subs will see.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Next up is the gauge cluster I removed the top corners and also swap a new plastic facing as the OEM was too thick and scratched to fit in the dash.

You are probably saying why the hell is he doing this for ..... some of you will probably figure it out. I have been selling the OEM stuff in my "Vert" the next post will make everything clear ... are ya ready ??
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
If you noticed in the door cover pics in the top part of the pic was this .....

yep you are right the Automoda is getting an G1 Dash ... thank you Rob " Amida " this is truly a piece of art ... I am blown away by the quality of this dash and is worth EVERY PENNY !!!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Here is a close up pic of the Cluster POD ... I am really liking this. Many Fiero purist will say it removes the Fiero look of the interior .... BUT my Fiero is not fastback not notchie it is a convertible... therefore another Fiero breed ... and I personally think it brings it up to another level ....

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-08-2018).]

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

If you noticed in the door cover pics in the top part of the pic was this .....

yep you are right the Automoda is getting an G1 Dash ... thank you Rob " Amida " this is truly a piece of art ... I am blown away by the quality of this dash and is worth EVERY PENNY !!!

Holy s**t, Danyel, that's gorgeous!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - SOLD 9/5/2015 //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

PFF
System Bot
KMFDMFAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2018 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looking good.

Keep it up.

:-)
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2018 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That dash will give the car a whole new look and attitude. Nice work
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2018 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see that beauty in person

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | Work done 16-17 |4.9 Swap |

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oooohhhhh, it has a glove box
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2018 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
Many Fiero purist will say it removes the Fiero look of the interior .... BUT my Fiero is not fastback not notchie it is a convertible... therefore another Fiero breed ... and I personally think it brings it up to another level ....

Amida's G1 definitely brings any custom Fiero to the next level. Love it! Happily watching this thread And one of the best aspects of the Fiero (for me at least) is that it so easily lends itself to customization and becoming whatever the builder wants it to be. Our imagination (and skill) is the limit. So don't mind if people say it's not Fiero enough
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good mon'amie
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2018 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Looking good mon'amie

Hey good to hear from you my ol friend ... all this is in part because of you bringing me this convertible.... will always be thankful.
regards
Danyel

PM sent to ya..
agranlund

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for agranlundSend a Private Message to agranlundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That dashboard looks amazing!

Btw, is the speedometer a Canadian version of the 120Mph speedometer, or something custom?
Mine reads primarily Mph, with a few secondary Kmh markings, which is ok but not ideal in Europe.

[This message has been edited by agranlund (edited 04-18-2018).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by agranlund:

Wow! That dashboard looks amazing!

Btw, is the speedometer a Canadian version of the 120Mph speedometer, or something custom?
Mine reads primarily Mph, with a few secondary Kmh markings, which is ok but not ideal in Europe.

Yes mine is in km ... canadian fieros have metric gauges...

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well a couple of weeks have passed and I have been very busy with work and getting the dash assembled. I received the 2 Din radio so that is another thing on the dot list.
Finally got the mecham scoops painted to match and installed ... they were a PIA to get them to fit perfectly. Overall I am VERY happy with the look and fit. here are some pics of them installed .....

Driver Side

Passenger Side
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I also got the interior door panels on and put new inner door wipes ... I guess its a " while I was there job " ... The dash is close to being inserted but only after I get the radio wiring done. .

Driver door

Passenger door
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Well ALMOST got the extractor hood done ... gonna get her done Sunday ... I did trace a template of my 1979 mustang scoop so I can locate the proper place for the holes. I will open the decklid to let out heat and make it functional. .... more in. the week to come as I need to be ready for June 16th in Chicoutimi.

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing work

[This message has been edited by Quad GT (edited 06-04-2018).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent the whole week-end finishing up the Vert. G1 dash, Extractor Hood, Mecham scoops and low profile buckets are all buttoned up and she is ready to go to on cruises and shows. Hope this summer will be sunny so the wife and I can ride often. I am presently having issues with the clutch pedal NOT completely disengaging the tranny. It is a new solid steel pedal added by Patrick (The Previous Owner) will get her to my mechanic to see if I missed anything... here are some pics ...

The 79 mustang scoop installed

G1 dash interior shot ...

Closer shot of interior.

Checking the clutch lines.... she is in Targa Configuration.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She sure is purty, Danyel.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - SOLD 9/5/2015 //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2018 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job on the install Danyel. Need to see more pics when you go to the shows.

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an utterly beautiful dash. That car is gorgeous and that dash just makes it even more so.
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of the underside?
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking awesome Danyel! I hope my interior turns out half as good. I'm going to start working on m door panels soon. Like you, I am removing the carpet for the vinyl look as well.

Have you considered black carpet and Mr. Mike's seats?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2019 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastOwen2XLL:

Looking awesome Danyel! I hope my interior turns out half as good. I'm going to start working on m door panels soon. Like you, I am removing the carpet for the vinyl look as well.

Have you considered black carpet and Mr. Mike's seats?

The one's installed are Mr Mike's seats ... I have also a new pair in the box (NOS) which were Mr. Mike's LAST gray Pallex kit. I am not sure if I will keep that NOS pair as want to go another color scheme of Mr Miks covers. Still working on that.

soon ............ MORE UPDATES and PICS.

Danyel

PFF
System Bot
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2019 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing car overall but that dash is just incredible.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2019 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mod you should do. grand am power mirror control upgrade from fiero control fits more your interior than the fiero power mirror switch.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2019 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

mod you should do. grand am power mirror control upgrade from fiero control fits more your interior than the fiero power mirror switch.

You are right !!! Ok .... on the hunt for this part with wiring schematics and will start a design for a new face plate from my 3D printer.... THX

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-08-2019).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2019 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2019 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3851 posts
Member since Sep 2001
if you make a plate i would be interested it would be better than what i did. I drilled out a hole in a straight power window switch then rounded out the sides to get the module to fit inside.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2019 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

if you make a plate i would be interested it would be better than what i did. I drilled out a hole in a straight power window switch then rounded out the sides to get the module to fit inside.

I'll be interested in a printed custom plate too.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | Work done 16-17 |4.9 Swap |

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2019 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/94...dUVex6yePJhOSsyxeEkH fg7cRsrdyDipCsvasFxvNbg2HszSpEAq8Q2cEpZ%2FgKPAijtA7bAnnMZBjAzvod25pxWdujM7CSPaog%2F3xRBNekfZy8nMKlATKjtXpmcYDmueK5RbrpF70PCyPvIkNyZLw6Ry84G3OHIYPkDZfj6du5yYnUfys%2FVeYNOBzdnmbnjj0Pu8Z5pNLNax4N6600ODBE6FiJXZUJDw3fAY8m3l5VYw%2FsvPDIP2S%2FIGLhSY9%2BiEB7%2FyLO G8xIwvPVXDY4kBQdBUAS02Hf7zvOFpV6DX1LcZM3dm8YQVJ%2BtqVtY8a6rj%2Bux2oLF3jkX6k5LFZxCEKIjbPRWMtQk%2BWIvbbLsKcD8toiiIggvnVZfhgwAO1yxe6lqEtlzoBKorgwBKRR3fq1yDSDf0ZgII1rs570UpA9eixaugxcLVpuUtFB2K%2BY7VcXxUFQDcffC6PphdTdErXGXQ598bcyNDpF5vBH%2FUphjDgjAR5JgPdDC7G7EI jwvwSPm7Uxw9fjKyMLGEj659gk87OLK9uT86VGH0SVrQzrOop4ymbXOGAvDVYFqClFTBOY2lGEuPzjLB0sEyEvUoCZ5%2BPoPRodCQGqPoQxLVCU1%2BlomgVx%2FLy9%2FNbO4QF0O9rRy7v68iOhOOqSD0RdS3JjIkFAiGRBtQtgdH39KNSVlbD9jftlbgxfbcutZUWhuUCMrLq6UtXjm5K6Su6%2FafbAZrKTfvCF%2FGYjwLcAI2r4xEcXRr spLwpdrP4VCUq12tb1MI8lpE2edHYPIrao1wGQ7H7PbWB%2B5eqacroN1b4I0NMUBS7dvi7yDHY8LKX%2FSY11tBJtEHvhE%2BKzCvHIvEK7TiIEVHsW4To5P%2Flt6PEsw4Exk3vHmIgoQWlPjTxUEGzVorOD%2FjO%2FSTDtXgSFs0VK1KKlAVieSGuBHKvhZ1rDK7Y9PMZ4hfVrhADML3g%3D%3D&checksum=17372133721480f24036258 54437850844072f4bfdf7&frcectupt=true
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2019 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing this magnificent machine in Frazee! Maybe you'll let this American friend of yours sit in it ...... please?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-09-2019).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2019 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow ... it’s been a long time since I updated this thread... must say though with my wife battling Ovarian cancer things we put on hold. especially posting here. Our trip to Frazee was cancelled and I was very depressed of not going to the Tyler Shipman 10th show. I guess all things have reasons.. My understanding of heartaches the Shipman family were going through REALLY hit home. Helene my wife has had 2 operations and radio to get this invader out of her body. Things are presently lookin really positive and doctors are pretty sure she will make it through. I wanna thank all for your thoughts and prayers.

I have been away alot but managed to get some work and R&D on my products... more on these VERY VERY soon.....

Here are some pics from this past summer of the old girl before she went to her heated storage... I will in the next few days list all the items done and what is planned for 2020... thank you all and lookin forward to next season....

Installed my Low Profile 60mm Hellas

13in rotors all around ... wow the braking power is really excellent...

more later. .....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock