new owner from Montreal! by be_man39
Started on: 05-21-2016 08:15 PM
Replies: 33 (474 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 06-01-2016 08:36 PM
be_man39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hiya! just wanted to give a shout out to all the fellow Fiero owners on this forum, and I gotta say being on here and seeing all your amazing Fiero's I've never felt so many emotions at once.... envy, jelousy, astonishment, amazement, and wide eyed enjoyment! makes my Fiero look like a Lada! LOL anyways I will be asking a lot of questions regarding mods I want to do to my 85 GT that I picked up and so you will be seeing a lot of me! take care all and keep up the amazing mods!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome/ This is the spot
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow its so difficult to post pics on this website... never had so much trouble on a forum to post a pic...

[This message has been edited by be_man39 (edited 05-22-2016).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by be_man39:

wow its so difficult to post pics on this website... never had so much trouble on a forum to post a pic...

Nothing to it.

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you're running Windows, use PIP to upload/host the images.

Images can be a maximum width of 1024 pixels. Height can be anything. Maximum file size is 300 kb. A great free program for re-sizing and/or re-compressing images is IrfanView.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012

If you think THAT'S difficult, wait till ya try swapping out the spark plugs!!!! Heh

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Welcome to the forums.

Montreal is a great place, I lived there most of my life.

There's a bunch of good guys over there and a local Fiero club called FieroMontreal. (My userID has no relation with the club).

Looks like you have a nice car, enjoy it!

PS. Did you check the trunk corners for rust? That was my biggest issue living there, finding a rust free Fiero!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[IMG] https://onedrive.live.com/r...918208949FD%21123877 [/IMG]

It looks like you've done the link right, but I think that security features on that site don't allow external links.
They have "right click" disabled as well, so I didn't get far. Even a "right click disabler" didn't overcome that.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-22-2016).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello there "northern buddie " ! Welcome to the Fiero madness ! Actually, its a lot of fun. Buy the way, whats a Lada ?
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing to it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

If you're running Windows, use PIP to upload/host the images.
Images can be a maximum width of 1024 pixels. Height can be anything. Maximum file size is 300 kb. A great free program for re-sizing and/or re-compressing images is IrfanView.

[/QUOTE]

hey! how did you do that? can ypu please explain?

PFF
System Bot
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Buy the way, whats a Lada ?

don't know if your serious, but I'm going to answer you anyways lol

this is the Lada Russian built CHEAP car that was imported in Canada/USA during the 90's and fugly lol

EDIT ok I removed the pic

be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016
so lets try this

edit: ok I give up lol

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so lets try this

edit: ok I give up lol

[img]

C'mon, you can do it. You're a computer tech. What's the problem you're having?

be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so the first thing I plan on doing is getting it fully inspected by my mech. and if he says its all good then I will drop some money into it by adding new rims and tires (can't stand the rims on it now) and then shortening my shifter (tiny bit too high) replacing my radio and I need new dew wipes and some interior stuff like new seat covers and speakers and I know I need new struts and shocks and then she will be good as new... the body and interior are in great shape for the year and the previous owner really took good care (so it seems) so there isn't TOO MUCH that needs to be done on her... oh! and I need possibly new headlight motors as the one I have now go down, but it doesn't go up... or maybe is it just the relays that need replacing? oh! and last but certainly not least is new headliner redone... mine is shot! if any of you pro's have any suggestions please let me know, I will be taking pics of the front storage compartment as it looks very very clean! and the engine compartment too!
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

C'mon, you can do it. You're a computer tech. What's the problem you're having?

well I used the PIP app and still the pics are not being shown! this is the ONLY forum I can't seem to post pics on! every other forum you can just upload the pics no problem or I use BBC codes and that isn't working here LOL is there a "how to" here on posting pics?
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usually downloading PIP and resizing the pics is all that's needed... are you getting an error message?

Here's a 500x281 pic of my collection:

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

is there a "how to" here on posting pics?

Did you read the included Manual?
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everything installed fine, pics got uploaded fine don't know what the problem is....
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016
please tell me what are the steps...im probably missing a step

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

please tell me what are the steps...im probably missing a step

Is the name of your image actually WP_20160521_15_42_44_Rich- ?

And that image you linked to earlier is way too big. Have you noticed how it's wrecked the formatting of this thread? This is the maximum width (1024 pixels) that works best here...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-22-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I got it now! when using PIP it copies the link to the clipboard and all you gotta do is paste... no one even mentioned that!
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

when using PIP it copies the link to the clipboard and all you gotta do is paste... no one even mentioned that!

From the PIP Manual... "After the image has been posted, the URL including any special tags (explained in "Profiles") will be copied to the clipboard. To include this URL in a message or an email, simply press Ctrl-V."

Ctrl-V is "paste"... right?

Anyway, it looks like you've got it now. Who says Canadians are slow?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-22-2016).]

be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From the PIP Manual... "After the image has been posted, the URL including any special tags (explained in "Profiles") will be copied to the clipboard. To include this URL in a message or an email, simply press Ctrl-V."

Ctrl-V is "paste"... right?

Anyway, it looks like you've got it now. Who says Canadians are slow?

ok but what I was doing wrong (for future reference) is I was using the "image" button and then trying to post the image... no one was explaining that all you have to do is paste it directly into the post ... so yea now on the other pics that I will be posting to show you guys how "clean" this fiero GT is

be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016
oh! and BTW I will be making Fiero wallpapers (that's my thing) and will post them here in case anyone will be interested in them.. so keep a lookout
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2016 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Fiero World!

You mentioned you need dew wipes. I'd definitely recommend Seajai's dew wipes! My experience with Chris (Seajai) was excellent. Since Chris pay attention to details, his dew wipes are the best on the market. What I like the most about his business is he doesn't charge you until it's available to ship. You might have to wait a bit, but totally worth it.

There are some business owners who'd make you pay upfront & then make you wait until it's available for ship. That's not the correct business model we all should accept. Sometime, it's what it is. Anyway, Chris handled it like professional from beginning to end.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068262.html

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 05-23-2016).]

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! I love the 85 GT lines, the more I look at the notchie, the more I want a second Fiero LOL

Be careful, they are contagious, my uncle bought one after driving mine!

Good luck and hope to see you around here...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Looks great! I love the 85 GT lines, the more I look at the notchie, the more I want a second Fiero LOL

The 85 GT was a carry-over of the 84 Indy.
(but it had the 140hp V6 which was an improvement)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-24-2016).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a firm believer in Fiero "junkyard upgrades". First two upgrades I did to my 85 GT is to install a 120 mph instrument cluster from an 86-88GT and an aux gauge pkg. (super easy swap and you'll be getting rid of that stupid 85 mph speedo.
Also, I strongly encourage you to swap out those terrible pre-87 headlight motors. You will thank yourself later and swear at your headlights less often too.
Kit
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the addiction

I was born in Montreal, but haven't been back since 1995.

------------------
10.007 @ 135.54MPH. <-- Video
Best 60' 1.42
Best mph 137.66
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 140lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, stock L32 bottom end and heads.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry for the post delay.. and thanks for the welcome guys! there is a lot of stuff I need to get done to this car like front struts and shocks need to be replaced(and rears too maybe) and headlight motors need to be fixed and all the radio/speakers need to be upgraded/changed and the seats need to be re-upholstered.... oh! and headliner needs to be re-done too. so much to do and so little funds! LOL
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sorry for the post delay.. and thanks for the welcome guys! there is a lot of stuff I need to get done to this car like front struts and shocks need to be replaced(and rears too maybe) and headlight motors need to be fixed and all the radio/speakers need to be upgraded/changed and the seats need to be re-upholstered.... oh! and headliner needs to be re-done too. so much to do and so little funds! LOL

Welcome aboard,

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

There are members here from all over the world so we can get to you where ever you are.
Lots of good people here who know lots about Fiero's, just stay clear of OT, we have a few very opinionated member in there.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-01-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock