Steering column cost? by Heretic
Started on: 05-01-2016 12:35 AM
Replies: 6 (167 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 05-01-2016 09:51 PM
Heretic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in need of a new steering column for my 86 GT. I found a person locally selling a 'rebuilt' column+GT wheel but, they're looking for $250 for it, $200 without the wheel.

Is this about the ballpark price of a column nowadays, or does it seem way high?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with your current steering column? Perhaps you can take it out and rebuild it yourself for less.
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My column seems to have been trashed by a previous owner. I was taking it apart to tighten the torx bolts and found a few issues from when somebody tried to repair it before. I'd rather just replace the column if I can.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forwarded your thread link to a friend in Niagara Region; he has some of just about everything.
You could put an ad on Kijiji as well...
Have you called any wreckers? I've gotten lots of good stuff from Glendale in St. Catharines.
DisplacementIsKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisplacementIsKingSend a Private Message to DisplacementIsKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forwarded your thread link to a friend in Niagara Region; he has some of just about everything.

Hey David, yeah I have lots of parts. From my experience once the tilt columns become loose there tough to tighten up since when you take it apart and your not careful its easy to lose pieces.

If your wheel is still good I can sell you a tilt column with key for 50$.

Here is the link to my add:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view...ce=b&adId=1023965304

------------------
1984 Fiero SE Turbo Iron Duke Project
1986 Fiero SE V6 Convertible Project
1987 Fiero GT Track Car Project

Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DisplacementIsKing:

Hey David, yeah I have lots of parts. From my experience once the tilt columns become loose there tough to tighten up since when you take it apart and your not careful its easy to lose pieces.

If your wheel is still good I can sell you a tilt column with key for 50$.

Here is the link to my add:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view...ce=b&adId=1023965304

Awesome, I sent you a message through your kijiji ad!

[This message has been edited by Heretic (edited 05-01-2016).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello
If the person doesnt come through I have an automatic from a 87 GT and 2 Manuals from 87 and 86 GTs that are real tight... same price plus shipping

regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave