Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Trouble getting to the forum. Anyone else? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Trouble getting to the forum. Anyone else? by Raydar
Started on: 03-19-2016 09:51 AM
Replies: 63 (771 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-15-2016 01:57 PM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

It makes you wonder WTF they think their job is...

Writing tickets and raising revenue with a little corruption on the side.
IP: Logged
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
It gets back to priorities. Want more police coverage? Want more room in the prison? Then support those efforts when it comes up for a vote. Now that may mean your taxes will go up.

I lived in an area where my neighbor would complain about crime (well, encroachment from another city), but said he would never support a tax hike to hire more township officers. So... what do you do at that point? You have limited staff to cover a very large area and if crime increases, they will not be able to handle all the calls.

Where I live now, police coverage is good and crime is managed.

No, no, no. Their priorities are tickets. Easy, quick things. They don't do detective work. There is no revenue in recovering lost cars, or acting as a safety office, etc. So, they harass the general public they're supposed to be protecting.

We pay them for a job. Now they need to do it. If they spent less time sitting parked burning up my tax dollars for hours, or with their car running outside while they eat lunch, or didn't constantly buy new cars, I'd be more inclined to believe that they need money. They blow what they get. We could raise it any amount, and nothing would improve.

Oh, and them driving a new vehicle with less than 50K miles on it is ridiculous. Come see me when they hit 200K miles, and the car is 5 years old.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Head on down to a city meeting and voice your concern over local police...

Don't detectives do "detective" work?

Where do they trade in vehicles with less than 50k ?? The ones I have seen are high mileage, worn out.

Originally posted by tshark:

No, no, no. Their priorities are tickets. Easy, quick things. They don't do detective work. There is no revenue in recovering lost cars, or acting as a safety office, etc. So, they harass the general public they're supposed to be protecting.

We pay them for a job. Now they need to do it. If they spent less time sitting parked burning up my tax dollars for hours, or with their car running outside while they eat lunch, or didn't constantly buy new cars, I'd be more inclined to believe that they need money. They blow what they get. We could raise it any amount, and nothing would improve.

Oh, and them driving a new vehicle with less than 50K miles on it is ridiculous. Come see me when they hit 200K miles, and the car is 5 years old.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Head on down to a city meeting and voice your concern over local police...

Don't detectives do "detective" work?

Where do they trade in vehicles with less than 50k ?? The ones I have seen are high mileage, worn out.

Making the rounds to various donut shop can really pack on the miles.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are police cars at local dealerships. Sedans, SUVs. They sell almost immediately. For $10-13K, you can pick up a nice year-old Tahoe with police package.

I went to the only meeting they allowed the public to attend. The police told us to leave our cars unlocked to cut down on damage to our cars. They also suggested we drive old, ugly cars and keep our valuables in our house. I said that then the thieves would just break into our house. The police chief shrugged and said the decision is up to us, but it's a risk you take. We just wanted them to patrol through our neighborhood on a weekly rotation. They refused. We homeowners share a patrol. We caught one guy. No more breakins.

Whatever Cliff did, the site is back to normal.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-21-2016).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on topic for a moment......anybody getting a slowdown? It has been running fine for me
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had 1 hiccup today but that could have been at my end.

Other than that its been working fine.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noticing some slowdown today again.....hummmm
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to be running fine for me. But my cable (TV) has been acting up. (dropouts and pixellation) I wouldn't be surprised if it affected my internet traffic, too.

...These individuals paid for an ivy-league education out of their pocket money.

I'd be happy to let them pay for replacement kneecaps out of their pocket money, too.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone else notice that this place crapped out again last night?

Everywhere else I went on the internet was fine but this forum became "unobtainium" late evening.

Seems okay now.

------------------
If sugar-coating is what you crave... Willy Wonka doesn't live here.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I just went elsewhere.
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. I figured something was up with it last night...no issues on any other sites other than PFF. First time I couldn't get onto it. Since I had nothing else to do, I went to bed.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noticed it too. Seems to be fine, now.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, another DDoS attack. Problem was it happened while it was the middle of the night here so I wasn't able to (try to) stop it.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff: Thanks for keeping it running! Sorry about the work you have to do in regard to the intrusions. To 99% of us, only a minor bump in the road.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:

Cliff: Thanks for keeping it running! Sorry about the work you have to do in regard to the intrusions. To 99% of us, only a minor bump in the road.

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Yes, another DDoS attack. Problem was it happened while it was the middle of the night here so I wasn't able to (try to) stop it.

Serious question... What can you do to try to stop it?

I would imagine that it would be difficult to control something external to your site, unless you just block inbound IPs or shut down ports. Or restrict by other "rules". (For example, our software, at work, just bans everything with a ".nl" address. Dammit. )

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a totally different subject, but I'm hoping it'll catch Cliff's eye if he's monitoring this thread.

Cliff, why is the following Google-cached PFF thread, Throttle body experiment by mcguiver3 impossible to find within PFF itself?

Does the thread not actually exist any longer? And if not... why not?
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Mark Zuckerberg finally trying to put an end to the Facebook vs. Forum wars.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's very difficult to open a forum page right now. It more often than not simply time's out.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It's very difficult to open a forum page right now. It more often than not simply time's out.

Very?

Then there's something else going on with your configuration/connection/internet service, as PFF normally opens up very quickly for me every time it's accessed.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 04-15-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't really understand your point.

I had commented that at that particular moment it was very difficult for me to access PFF... when normally it isn't. Therefore it was rather unusual.

That's a little bit different than what you had posted regarding your own experiences here.

I've always found PFF to be slow...

[EDIT] And if you're going to quote me, please don't put words in the quote box that I didn't actually post. The correct quote can be found Here. Thank-you.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-14-2016).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't really understand your point.

Obviously. It never stops you though, does it?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whatever...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock