Hood by fieros9
Started on: 02-26-2016 06:29 PM
Replies: 8 (390 views)
Last post by: fieros9 on 03-03-2016 03:29 PM
fieros9

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieros9Send a Private Message to fieros9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is a fair price for a hood in good shape with headlight doors
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieros9:

What is a fair price for a hood in good shape with headlight doors

Hoods are easy to come buy especially if no mods was done to it... I've seen many GIVING them away ....

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find myself willing to spend $100 on a perfect hood without paint over spray or chipping, but danyel is right. They can typically had for free, or damn near thereabouts. My local craigslist usually sees them for $25, but they're usually pretty chipped up. The problem with our cars is the very low scrap values, and with metals at an all-time low, most folks parting them out are just glad to see parts go to good homes. Be willing to pull the part yourself for best value, and bring a helper to avoid accidents or damage.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2016 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

I find myself willing to spend $100 on a perfect hood without paint over spray or chipping, but danyel is right. They can typically had for free, or damn near thereabouts. My local craigslist usually sees them for $25, but they're usually pretty chipped up. The problem with our cars is the very low scrap values, and with metals at an all-time low, most folks parting them out are just glad to see parts go to good homes. Be willing to pull the part yourself for best value, and bring a helper to avoid accidents or damage.

I'm in need of a hood. Where can one find one in Pittsburgh, PA or Western PA? I've been watching my local craigslist for a while, but no luck.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

I'm in need of a hood. Where can one find one in Pittsburgh, PA or Western PA? I've been watching my local craigslist for a while, but no luck.

The Fiero packrats can't advertise everything in their collections all the time, but if you go to the MALL, and post a Want To Buy......they will find you.
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found loads of them on car-part.com within 40 miles of Pittsburgh. Pick your color. Sharon auto wrecking in Mercer, on route 62, has a red hood in good shape, needing paint. Rusty hook auto salvage on 19 near portersville has a matte black hood with one nick out of the front edge, worth repairing. There's another junkyard near Meadville with multiple Fieros and would be worth a trip to. The name escapes me, but I drove there for a GT tail lens. Pricing is high there, but they seem negotiable in their office room.

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2016 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for your suggestions.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a silver hood from a '87 GT that I could part with. Paint is perfect. Only problem is there is a small bit of damage to the top corner by the windshield that happened during transport. My bad. Easily fixable if you're good with fiberglass. I might be travelling through Pittsburgh within the next week or two as well.
fieros9

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieros9Send a Private Message to fieros9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information from everyone .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock