Why can't I see PIP images? by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 12-02-2015 07:23 PM
Replies: 15 (210 views)
Last post by: theogre on 12-04-2015 01:50 AM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been on this forum for months, and am never able to view images posted via PIP. Example:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054658.html

I can't view a single image on the original post of this thread, nor can I see PIP hosted images later in this thread, or any other thread for that matter. I am pretty sure it is not a hardware of software issue on my end, as I experience this issue every way I view this forum. I have tried on the following device/OS pairings.

Laptop PC/Win 7 64 bit
Desktop PC/Win 8 64 bit
Same desktop and laptop upgraded to Win 10
Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 5.1.X and 6.0
Nexus 5, same OS as above
Nexus 5X, same OS as above

I have tried both logged on and logged off of my registered account, and also have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and IE. So what do I need to do to fix this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Read this current thread. All will be revealed.

Posting Photos with Windows 10
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a tl;dr solution? I read the thread, but couldn't find a "do this" type solution. I tried flushing the DNS but no change.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

Do you have a tl;dr solution?

I have no idea what that means.

I read the thread, but couldn't find a "do this" type solution.

Read my posts in response to Ogre's suggestion about changing the DNS settings. Worked perfectly.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read the thread a dozen times and can't find the DNS changes you are talking about. I read ogre's posts a bunch of times and didn't see what I needed to change. I assumed everything above this post was irrelevant, and your solution could be found in the above posts, the problem is I couldn't find it!

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 12-02-2015).]

FieroJuice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any suggestions for an android based Chromebook?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I read the thread a dozen times and can't find the DNS changes you are talking about.

Did you read Ogre's link?

Originally posted by theogre:

DNS is barfing. Local or sometimes server side. try google dns etc.

I then posted a screen shot showing step by step what I did to make the DNS changes... but I guess you can't see that image?

Anyway, it's real simple to do. Have a look again at Ogre's link.

[EDIT] I sent an image showing the steps I took to your email account.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-02-2015).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got it! I suppose this is only a Windows solution, and won't work for Android?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suppose this is only a Windows solution, and won't work for Android?

I have no idea.

Changing DNS settings was something I'd never done before. I'm just happy that it worked though, as for the past year I've had nothing but aggravation dealing with PIP after 15 years of basically no issues.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've only been on this forum a few months, but the technology on this forum is definitely showing its age.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've only been on this forum a few months, but the technology on this forum is definitely showing its age.

Why? I've never had any issues regardless of what OS or setup I'm using. I think it must be operator error.
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forums in general are a relic of the old Internet. PFF is extremely rare in that it is a forum that isn't tied to add controlled by some parent service that generates the revenue for the whole site, which feeds the forum (magazines, manufacturing, etc) or so overrun with ads they are unusable. The majority of the community communication that used to be dominated by forums like this has migrated to Facebook and other social media services as the overhead is so low compared to an independent forum. That is a shame, as I regularly reference threads here that are a decade old. As the old forums die, their archived information usually dies with them. PFF in particular seems to use its own toolkit and construction, as opposed to most forums that use a more standard construction such as Simple Machine, but I'm just a user, maybe I'm talking out of my ass.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had issues to so all I did was get me a domaine and hosted and now all my pics are available .... yes I know the red X can become an issue BUT till something get updated I host my own pics ,,,,

regards to all

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

got it! I suppose this is only a Windows solution, and won't work for Android?

Windows solution? No.

As said on other pages...
If at home... Login on the router and switch DNS there then every device connected to it can use Google etc DNS w/o charging every device.
Most are easy just using Router's menu. Is often on "Basic Settings" page.
If needed...
Go to maker's site and DL user manual.
If you "rent" from comcast try http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/ to get manual

If at work etc then an admin could be blocking PIP server.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 12-03-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Why? I've never had any issues regardless of what OS or setup I'm using. I think it must be operator error.

How ironic, I spoke too soon....today I started to upload some pics and PIP suddenly was unable to connect. Guess I deserved that. Fortunately, I just adjusted to UAC and it fixed the problem. Someone somewhere was laughing at me...
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:
How ironic, I spoke too soon....today I started to upload some pics and PIP suddenly was unable to connect. Guess I deserved that. Fortunately, I just adjusted to UAC and it fixed the problem. Someone somewhere was laughing at me...

If you run UAC then you can run PIP as admin. Permanent change then Right click, properties, Compatibility, run as admin at bottom.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock