Started on: 11-14-2015 01:46 AM
Replies: 372 (17112 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-15-2016 05:40 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was one of the first to doubt Slammed. I even called her names because I believed that she was a troll. Judging from the evidence presented here, incredible as it sounds I believe her story to be true.
What I do not understand is why would someone buy the molds if he is not equipped to produce them and is not a key Fiero parts supplier? If that person now has the molds he can shove them and take a loss for the tooling cost, unless he follows through sets up the process and gets them into production. I see no reason why anyone would bother to post for 5 months if there is no benefit in doing so.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And rodney, everything you are asking for at this point is so irreverent, your just trying to stir to pot and just being a DICKman.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My opinions and observations on Slammed:

At 60 years old I have been around a few compulsive/pathological liars. In my opinion this Slammed person is this compulsive/pathological liar type.

I do believe this Slammed person is involved in the plastics industry. In my opinion as possibly a machine operator or fabricator. I do believe this Slammed person did try to make lenses as proven by a picture this Slammed person posted early on. In my opinion this Slammed person probably figured out long ago making these lenses in a reasonably good quality was just not possible. In my opinion instead of admitting to that this Slammed person continued to fabricate more lies. In the beginning of the first taillight topic I took this Slammed person's posts as the truth and tried to show my support and I stood up for this Slammed person.

I do not believe there is any gentleman that purchased the molds. I am very doubtful the company that this Slammed person works for has had any involvement in any of this.

In my opinion this Slammed person's only defense against me or others that have questioned this Slammed person is for this Slammed person to reply with more lies and anger. This is what I have seen thru the years with the couple of compulsive/pathological liars I have known. If you look back thru his taillight topics you will see these anger replies from Slammed started very early on. This Slammed person posted them when I and others pressed this Slammed person for more details and more information. In my opinion a "normal" person would willingly, happily and with a good attitude respond with a more detailed explanation and multiple pictures showing these things. This Slammed person has only posted a couple pictures.

PS: You may noticed that I keep referring to this person as Slammed. I very strongly believe this person is a male.

This Slammed person has not posted anything about himself/herself. This Slammed person created a Gmail email just to use on this forum. Google that email and it will return zero matches. No one knows anything about this person. Nothing. Why?

Again: These are only my opinions and observations. In my opinion if Slammed replies it will be with more anger and more lies.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One time, someone said they'd make a product and they didn't. I didn't care enough to harass them and make myself look like an idiot.

Another time someone asked for money to get a product made. I ignored it and didn't care enough to harass then and make myself look like an Idiot.

If your money has been taken, sure, go after them and make a fuss about it, if not it makes no sense to harass someone over nothing.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Rodney:

PS: You may noticed that I keep referring to this person as Slammed. I very strongly believe this person is a male.

Doing legitimate business or not, this website is the wrong place to claim to be a woman of any age.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see your point rodney and where you are coming from.
But I think it is time to just let it go.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
Doing legitimate business or not, this website is the wrong place to claim to be a woman of any age.

Ssssssh! Don't tell Kathryn, the various Jessica's, or numerous other women on this site. I suspect the ageless women hang out elsewhere, for fear that this site will age them.

Rodney, I respect you, but I believe Slammed is a woman. I don't see how it matters, either way. The gender if the vendor of tail lights, or gender of a person who isn't a vendor of tail lights wouldn't seem to affect the tail lights themselves. I have no opinion on Slammed, but suspect Rodney is a one-of-a-kind character, much like some people I grew up around. I believe Rodney is cynical, gruff, demanding--and probably a great guy, once you get past the crusty exterior. I further suspect that Rodney is ”real”; he isn't hiding behind an alias, and would say the same thing to a person's face as online. He probably also tells it how he sees it. Does anyone doubt where they stand with Rodney?

These tail light threads don't seem to show the best side of any of us.

Slammed, I respected you for taking the high road, in the last thread.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this entire thread got trashed just like the other one.

I expected a bit more respect, and understanding from one user to another.
Let's be honest, the market for GT tail lights for an 86-88 fiero is very small. Would it be nice to have reproductions? Absolutely.
Would it make sense to have a business that just sells these lenses? No.

Slammed, I will give you a for trying. Tho some might have been very negative towards you, I give you credit for at least giving it a try. Sorry plans fell through.

However, I think our community is one of the best for respect. But unfortunately, this thread doesn't show it.

What did we loose? Nothing. Tho these lenses might NEVER be made again, finding some lenses that have delamination and fixing them is not very hard, and it covers up any imperfections.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe Slammed to be who she claims to be, I have no facts otherwise to contradict it.

I have a spare set which I did buy on ebay early last year, and yes I paid a lot for them!

Hopefully things will work out with whoever bought the molds.

Slammed tried, I will give her that.

Good Luck Everyone
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Ssssssh! Don't tell Kathryn, the various Jessica's, or numerous other women on this site. I suspect the ageless women hang out elsewhere, for fear that this site will age them.

Rodney, I respect you, but I believe Slammed is a woman. I don't see how it matters, either way. The gender if the vendor of tail lights, or gender of a person who isn't a vendor of tail lights wouldn't seem to affect the tail lights themselves. I have no opinion on Slammed, but suspect Rodney is a one-of-a-kind character, much like some people I grew up around. I believe Rodney is cynical, gruff, demanding--and probably a great guy, once you get past the crusty exterior. I further suspect that Rodney is ”real”; he isn't hiding behind an alias, and would say the same thing to a person's face as online. He probably also tells it how he sees it. Does anyone doubt where they stand with Rodney?

These tail light threads don't seem to show the best side of any of us.

Slammed, I respected you for taking the high road, in the last thread.

Well. Wow. I've never talked to Miss Slammed. I've never even really posted much in this as I don't have a dog in this hunt. BUT I will say that I have spoken to Rodney a few times and that I will say that Rodney is NOT gruff or a one of a kind character. Nor cynical or demanding. And I don't think he has a CRUSTY exterior. He is REAL and I agree that he tells it how he sees it. In his business he goes above and beyond to make things right and I believe this is where he is coming from. And I think he's not taking too lightly that this forum is being trolled. I've had my doubts from the beginning but I will wait out and let the professionals like Rodney portray to you guys that there are way, way more to this than is being presented.

Good luck to you Miss Slammed in your future endevours.

And Rodney.....thanks for keeping it REAL!!

There is much emotion in this as there are many that have really nice GT's that have crappy tail lights. It would be a punch in the gut to have a really nice GT and the only thing keeping it down is the tail lights. We take pride in our cars and our work.

The only advice I can give here in my experience in business is that: UNDER PROMISE, AND OVER DELIVER. It goes very far in your REP as a business person.
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve been following this thread for a while and perhaps what has transpired best exemplifies our passion towards this car. This forum is a depository of knowledge, shared by all. We are serious about our car and spend countless hours keeping the dream alive. None of it could come about without the vision, dedication, and commitment of its members. We share our knowledge so that others will succeed where we might have failed. It’s in this spirit that we should continue our path. Our common bond is trust. When it’s compromised, we react. Not for ourselves, but for the common good. I believe that was Rodney’s and Dennis’ intention. At this time we should put this to rest. Any further communication to this matter should be left to private messaging.
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"This is not the thread you are looking for - move on".................................................................
HAGO!

Sorry, couldn't resist...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one would berate anyone on this forum unless they have good reason to.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Seems you have already done a pretty good job of berating people for no reason!

Here are just a few of the things you have had to say about this tail light project:

My opinion now is this is all a scam.

(IMO) This is just an ongoing fabricated lie.

Even a wonderful poem that you wrote altered that I am sure would NEVER be taken as "berating"

Ground Control to Major Slammed
Ground Control to Major Slammed
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Slammed (Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (Five, Four, Three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (Two, One, Liftoff)
This is Ground Control to Major Slammed
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know about the lenses you claim to make
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
"This is Major Slammed to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Because most here think the days will turn into weeks which will turn into months and you will not post anything worthy on your progress. Just more silliness.
All these negative posts are because of your actions. Or should I say inactions.
I'm expecting a lot more silliness.

This person needs to put out or shut up. All one big joke IMO.

It seems that you yourself are pretty good at berating people, without having a "good reason to"

I have always said that your parts and products are amazing, and that you attention to detail and customer service has been impeccable. You have been a valuable asset to the Fiero community, and that is not in question.

What is in question is your integrity, and how you have reacted to this product, as well as SardonX's brake booster. You have acted childish, and slung accusations left and right, with ABSOLUTELY NO proof or reason to do so! I have lost any and all respect for you, as it appears that others posting here have as well, I am sorry to say.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-16-2016).]

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney saved me a lot of typing, I 100% agree with his summary of the situation. And I like his products. And I have perfect tail lights
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Even a wonderful poem that you wrote, that I am sure would NEVER be taken as "berating"

I wouldn't go so far as to call plagiarizing the lyrics of a great artist's song, and changing it a bit, for the purpose of condescension, a "wonderful poem."
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

Rodney saved me a lot of typing, I 100% agree with his summary of the situation. And I like his products. And I have perfect tail lights

110%
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to enjoy this immensely nom nom nom so good
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

Huh. Curious.....
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009

I think you already have.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry old people, I speak Internet! She is saying that certain people have worked them into an entitled froth of self importance, and at this point are just making themselves look like jackasses and hurting their own credibility. She doesn't owe anyone anything and at this point, and after much undeserved **** slung in her direction, is content to sit here with Michael Jackson eating popcorn.

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 01-15-2016).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2016 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

Don't worry old people, I speak Internet! She is saying that certain people have worked them into an entitled froth of self importance, and at this point are just making themselves look like jackasses and hurting their own credibility. She doesn't owe anyone anything and at this point, and after much undeserved **** slung in her direction, is content to sit here with Michael Jackson eating popcorn.

Lol, I couldn't have summerized it better myself...

Guys, seriously, WGAF?

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:
Don't worry old people, I speak Internet! ................................

REALLY !!! Good for you ....
Danyel

EDITED: My french still hindering my english !!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-16-2016).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way this all looks leaves pretty much anyone thinking something is fishy.
I think so myself though I'm not jumping to any conclusions that there isn't any real evidence
one way or another.

I don't know why so many of you
have gotten in so personal.

You don't know one way or another. What do you get out of being dickheads?
Why not not be dickheads?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Default through life is to NOT be a dickhead and to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This speaks volumes, to me. You (we) have all been trolled.
Later...
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Guys, seriously, WGAF?

In my opinion anyone that owns a 86-88 GT or may own a 86-88 GT and for the preservation of the 86-88 Fiero GT and the Fiero in general over the next so many years/decades.

If no one questioned this whole "a gentleman bought the molds" story and that this whole reproduction lenses thing is actually a farce - this, in my opinion, could significantly diminish the possibility that someone else (who actually can make some reasonably fair/good quality reproduction GT lenses) would ever attempt to try to make GT lenses. This person would most likely do some research (maybe several years from now) only to find that according to this topic here that there are molds out there that someone bought but has yet to make any lenses to sell. That person might very well say "I'm not going to try". This other gentleman who has these molds might find out I'm trying to make GT lenses or this gentleman may be on the verge of starting to make these GT lenses and may actually start making his GT lenses. I don't want to put a huge of time, effort and $$ into trying to make these GT lenses to only be undercut by this guy that already has these molds. This person (who may actually be able to make some GT lenses) may think the market for these is so small I\that he may never recoup his time and expenses if there are two suppliers. The pictures that guy posted back then look really good. He may say I may never be able make any GT lenses in that high of quality. No one would buy mine.

This is all about the truth. I want to know what the truth is. I posted my opinions on what I think the truth might be.

So the question is: should this topic and person never be challenged and everything this person says and has posted be taken as the truth? Leaving this all as unchallenged might make the possibility of GT lenses to never be made.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been on the internet for a long time; I grew up on message boards, forums, 4chan, you name it and over the last 24 years I have been alive I have learned that that when you argue with someone on the internet nobody wins. It's a giant pissing match and it never ends well... It's happened to me. There are still forums and websites from 15+ years ago making me and the guy I argued with look like a complete idiot. . 2003-2008 me is pure teenage "I am so cool and !@#$ your feelings and the rules" regret that is forever online for all to see... Cringe worthy, actually.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Drop it guys! These flame wars happen way too often on this forum. There are a lot of cool guys here, I respect all your oppinions, but sometimes you guys just don't know when to stop!!!

Like I said before. WGAF? Leave Slammed alone.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Like I said before. WGAF? Leave Slammed alone.

That's fine but in my opinion some things needed to be said before we leave this person alone.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000

What is in question is your integrity, and how you have reacted, as well as SardonX's brake booster.

I started a topic in the "out there" section on this sardonyx247 thing.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/114953.html

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where do I put my order in for the quarter Windows ? LOL !
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would anyone ever want to be part of a community like this? Where people like Rodney who are so well respected, attack someone, who has taken nothing from no one and wanted a bit of anonymity before releasing a product that not a single other company makes or is even going to attempt

I've been hostile towards only him, mostly because it blows my mind. I never would have expected it

I am enjoying this because I've learned my lesson and will keep my mouth shut about what I'm doing. And believe me when I say, I will make you eat your words. Cya!
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's fine but in my opinion some things needed to be said before we leave this person alone.

They really Don't.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

about what I'm doing. !

When you actually do do something come back and show us. If you are open, honest and kind to everyone that asks questions for more information, post lots of pictures etc I think no one will bash you including me.
------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 01-16-2016).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Slammed! Congrats on your resiliency! Persistence breeds success.

My ownership preference is the original notchback style (have 2) or Formula (have 1) so I won't be a GT tail light lens customer.
Your thread attracted my interest just because I know that there's a market for the lenses, and they're hard to replicate.

I imagined from your initial posts that you're a young, energetic person with drive and ambition; interested in overcoming challenges. This forum is usually helpful to people trying different things on their cars; I was astonished at how, in the face of delays, it turned into a Slammed bashing free-for-all. Inciteful, unsubstantiated allegations and accusations and unproven conjecture showed up in many posts from traditionally very helpful members. I can't imagine what positive contribution was intended...

There may be some reading this post that assume I'm a naïve, gullible guy; I can assure you I'm a professional skeptic.
Good detective work always includes a focus on motive. It seems quite improbable that anyone would fabricate a 'story' as you have been accused of, just for the 'pleasure' (?) of irritating an obscure bunch of potential customers. The difficulties you encountered throughout the process including being thrown under the bus by your business partners are quite plausible. I suspect that many experienced members would concur.
As far as the motives of your detractors, their claims to be 'protecting the community from scammers and trolls' rings a little hollow since no investment opportunities were mentioned or sales requests made in your posts.

ANYway, for what it's worth, I guess I'm on record for being on the encouraging side. I hope you continue to try to make things that others need but can't make themselves.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When you actually do do something come back and show us. If you are open, honest and kind to everyone that asks questions for more information, post lots of pictures etc no one will bash you including me.

Now you are trying to speak for everyone else? She has to post "lots of pictures" so you will not bash her? This is all just beyond childish. Please, just speak for yourself! I personally do not need "Lots of pictures" to prevent me from bashing someone for no reason. You have already made yourself look like an ass in the original thread by being all nice about the new product, and then posting tons of negativity shortly after, then turning to into Mr. nice guy with words of encouragement, and then back to bashing again.... You say you know this is a scam.... if that is the case, why all the back and forth? What no evidence either way? There in lies the entire problem with making accusations! If all this were not enough, you then start a new thread in Off Topic just to rehash stuff from 20 years ago! ! Wow.....

I will say what I have said many times in the first thread, and now this one:

We have no absolute proof of these existing or not existing at this point. I tend to think there is more in the favor of a real project under way. You will not find me posting that this is legitimate, and everyone should think the same way. This is simply due to the fact that I have no evidence, therefore I will act like an adult, and sit back and see how this turns out, with the hopes that these tail lights come to fruition.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-16-2016).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A final comment before I leave this post.
Slammed claims to be a girl by the name of Micayla from the state of Washington. She must have made an attempt to reproduce the GT tail lights as pictures were posted. That effort produced something but the end product may not have been satisfactory. Now at the11th hour enters a mystery man who purchases the molds so that he can produce them BUT as the story goes he doesn't have the right equipment to make them nor has he been identified as a key Fiero supplier.
I believe that Micayla made an attempt to make the GT lens. I find the tale far fetched that someone purchased them who does not sell Fiero parts nor the proper equipment to follow through with production. The first part of the story is believable but the last part isn't. That will be my OPINION until proven otherwise. In any case no money was taken, no crime was committed and no one on this forum was hurt. We move on and see what future products may or may not come from Micayla.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now you are trying to speak for everyone else?

I made a generalization. You take it to heart. So I changed it. Happy now?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was almost willing to believe you, or at least remain neutral, until this comment. You seem to be enjoying the shitstorm that has ensued with this project's "demise".
I have remained silent, but now I make no apologies for my initial cynicism.

Ain't no Friend Of Mine.
jaymelk2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2016 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HA HA HA HA......lofrmao!!!!!!!!!! No friend of mine......HA HA HA. Thats good Raydar. I haven't thought about him since that blow up!

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Shauna.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock