Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Join me in my Fiero modernization and Transformation (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Join me in my Fiero modernization and Transformation by dkh1020
Started on: 05-27-2015 11:18 PM
Replies: 75 (3971 views)
Last post by: dkh1020 on 03-25-2017 09:09 PM
dkh1020

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings all,

Progress has been slow for a few reasons. Mainly waiting on the Texas heat to cool off and on some parts.

Interior is gutted. New carpet is in, all lights have been replaced with LED's (interior and exterior). Hood and trunk have hydraulic lift shocks installed. New exhaust went on today and it looks and sounds incredible. New headlights with Halos went in last week. Front spoiler goes on tomorrow. OnStar has been installed. Hypertech chip has been installed as well. Stereo wiring , Amp and subwoofer go in next week. Much more to do. I was going to take some pics today buy my phone died. Hope to post some pics soon! All is coming together a little at a time.

We are coming into the cooler season here in Texas now so things should begin to progress. My biggest hold back has been West Coast Fiero. I ordered their electric power steering kit over 4 months ago. Can't complete my interior until it comes in. Spoke with them today and they assured me it would ship in a week. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by dkh1020 (edited 09-01-2015).]

IP: Logged
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dkh1020

52 posts
Member since May 2011
New Carpet going in

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dkh1020

52 posts
Member since May 2011
x

[This message has been edited by dkh1020 (edited 08-30-2015).]

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exhaust is done. Looks good and sounds sweet. No more Cat.

Big improvement over this

pfluegel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pfluegelSend a Private Message to pfluegelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait to see more of it! I am especially looking forward to the dash install
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings all,

I was looking at my Fiero this evening and thought it would be a cool update to move the recessed lights in the front and rear bumpers to make them flush with the panels. Should be an easy upgrade. Any thoughts?
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2015 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It gets worse before it gets better, shop roof leaks so have to pile everything in the car!

More exhaust

Sitting in shop collecting dust

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2015 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dkh1020

52 posts
Member since May 2011
Check out this short exhaust clip on You Tube

http://youtu.be/oIDxEb-aRHE

[This message has been edited by dkh1020 (edited 09-06-2015).]

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LED Brake lamps

[LED Backups

Sub Woofer & amp

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

Deep in the heart of Texas you've got to be able to find a used GT wing for cheap to try it out and a buddy with the right tools. If you can install an Amida dash and half the other stuff you are doing, then this isn't beyond your skill set. You're already tackling a lot of the tough parts. This is all about diving in and seeing how to improve your skill set. Go for it.

Based on my experience, the Amida dash install is relatively easy. However, rewiring all of the existing instrumentation was a very interesting and slow process for me. I do not have the G1 dash but did install one of his F355 interiors and believe that it must be very similar.

Nelson
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of exhaust set upo do ou have, muffler? Sounds good
PFF
System Bot
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At last, power steering arrived today. Now things can progress!

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're located in Katy? Hell, I'd have asked to stop by had I known that. I just moved from Katy to Redlands, CA for a job. My Fiero is currently sitting back there at my parents waiting for the day it can be shipped here.

Going to be keeping an eye on this thread. I might be back in town around Christmas time - don't want to disturb you or your family but if you happen to be free a few days after Christmas I'd love to swing by and check the car out. Looks damn clean so far! And what type of exhaust is that? It's gorgeous!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dkh1020:

Greetings all,

I was looking at my Fiero this evening and thought it would be a cool update to move the recessed lights in the front and rear bumpers to make them flush with the panels. Should be an easy upgrade. Any thoughts?

Have a look at the last half of page 77 for flush LEDs:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000007-77.html
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings all,

It's been some time since my last post but life got in the way. That said, Progress has resumed. So much has been done that the photos don't show. One of the big hold ups was the electric power steering and the install was difficult. But it's done now and is amazing. The car is 99% done and I'm installing the new Mr. Mikes seat covers now. It's been a long road but life has thrown me several curves. Things are back on track and there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This mod looked so cool, I'm on the look out for a GT wing. They appear here on craigslist from time to time and I have my eye out. I'm very capable to do my own work. No issues with remove and replace. I just don't have the facilities and tools to do this mod right. So, I will be farming this one out to my brother. He does these things for a living. I'm an IT guy so we barter for services. It's a win win situation for us both. Getting to old to do the hard stuff plus my time is limited. Currently installing my Mr. Mikes seat covers. I hate Hog Rings but the covers match the dash perfectly and are fantastic. If I can find a wing, I will post all the pics associated with the mod.

QUOTE]Originally posted by pcgold:

Deep in the heart of Texas you've got to be able to find a used GT wing for cheap to try it out and a buddy with the right tools. If you can install an Amida dash and half the other stuff you are doing, then this isn't beyond your skill set. You're already tackling a lot of the tough parts. This is all about diving in and seeing how to improve your skill set. Go for it.

[/QUOTE]

I have one, correct color and it came off my 88 GT with only 14k miles. Its been in storage (under the bed) forever. Shipping would be expensive but all I have to do is drop it off at the UPS store and they'd box it and such.
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2016 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greetings all,

It's been some time since my last post but life got in the way. That said, Progress has resumed. S

Wonderful
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At last, power steering arrived today. Now things can progress!

Have you installed this yet and how does it perform? Install pics?

Thanks,
Gary

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And brand?

Also that steering wheel is sweet.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 12-11-2016).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking dash!.... I love how the original gauges were incorporated into the new design.. Cool touch

Are you planning anything for a cover of some sort on the battery | oil gauges..? Maybe fiberglass.. Or wrapped something?

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 12-13-2016).]

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the positive remarks, There are a couple questions I'll address.

1) The power steering is installed, I have not yet driven the car but I can easily turn the wheel with one hand while parked. Before it was a bear to turn with both hands while sitting still. Unfortunately, there are no pics of the install. This was not a simple plug & play either. The were several modifications made to the steering column. I do not know the brand of the power steering kit. It came from West Coast Fiero and took over six months to get. Then it took several weeks to get the install documentation as it was not shipped with the unit.

2) There is a cover for the gauge pod, I was short some LED backing lights so I had not yet installed the cover.

I'm in the process of installing a new head unit, dash speakers and the covers. Also installing new carpet on the doors to match the rest of the carpet. Early on, I posted all the upgrades I was planning on. I ended up nixing the seat heaters. Just not necessary in Texas. I ended up adding some additional items that were not originally listed as well. It's going to be sweet when finished. I'm very happy with the colors and materials I selected for the interior as well.

[This message has been edited by dkh1020 (edited 12-20-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A buddy got the led trunk lights from a caddie and put them in his wing. A great option and looked great.
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost done!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Almost done!

Okay how did I miss this thread up until now? That looks awesome! I've done two of the Amida clusters for customers and they look really nice.

The Houston Fiero club scene has dissolved into nothingness but we seriously need to get together. You car looks almost exactly like mine from the outside. I would love to go cruising....as soon as I get mine running again.

- Jonathan
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
I was asked by the OP to post pics of my car. Here's another Houston Red 88GT T-top when I had the 19s and 20s on it.

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok In the older pics you were running antique plates, like I do here in Texas.

Now you are running regular plates and needing annual inspections.

Why?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Ok In the older pics you were running antique plates, like I do here in Texas.

Now you are running regular plates and needing annual inspections.

Why?

Different car.... Not the original poster's car... Tha's my car.

Also note those pics are from over 10 years ago. I have also switched to antique plate since then.
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET! Is that interior from a TA or other Pontiac model? There weren't that many T-top cars built. Frankly, I wish my car didn't have them as there are no parts available anymore. I lucked out and got a pair of OEM P seals but there are no more to be had. I also found some reproduction t-top moldings. Mine had cracked due to age. Haven't seen anymore since. But I do enjoy driving with the tops off on a nice day.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is an interior from a 4th gen Trans Am. I was one of the first to install a Firebird dash in a Fiero back in 2002.

I installed the t-tops myself in 2003. I never installed P-seals as they are mostly cosmetic and way overpriced for my tastes.

The car was featured in the movie "Stay Alive" in 2006 and I've kept it the same ever since.

Here is the build thread for my car:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070373.html

I had the distributor go out last year and it's awaiting me to install a new one. I don't want to miss all the good t-top weather before it's obnoxiously hot in Houston.

I would like to see you Amida dash one of these days. I've only seen the clusters, but I'm sure it's really nicely done.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-22-2017).]

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics

PFF
System Bot
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^That is just too cool
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you,

What I expected to be a two month project well exceeded that expectation but I am finally getting there. It's been over a year but things are finally coming together. Life got in the way.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see another G1 dash in TX!...Looking Good!
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LED Dash! Where are my sun glasses!

dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dkh1020

52 posts
Member since May 2011
Finally getting started on the Mr. Mike seat covers. I hate Hog Rings!

[This message has been edited by dkh1020 (edited 03-25-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock