Anyone 3d printing Fiero parts? by toadson
Started on: 05-16-2015 03:57 PM
Replies: 17 (868 views)
Last post by: NEVERDONE on 06-28-2015 12:15 PM
toadson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just recently purchased a 3D printer and was curious if anyone has started printing any Fiero parts? Although they are available to purchase I plan to scan the clips that hold the molding on the body panels and print my own. Of course I have to build the scanner first!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be interested to see how well they hold up.
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What else are you looking for? I don't mind doing what limited modeling I can.
http://www.thingiverse.com/JMBishop/designs
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

What else are you looking for? I don't mind doing what limited modeling I can.
http://www.thingiverse.com/JMBishop/designs

Not to hijack the thread.... but it IS about 3D printing I would love to see the 3D designs on the site linked above, if you have printed any of them. Just see how well it does with the details and such.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a printer yet, but I've had some stuff printed.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've printed a few parts now. Depending on the application, thickness, direction of loading, flexibility required, type of printer you have, material... you can find good uses for your 3D printed parts. However, they do have a lot of limitations as well. Your best bet is to experiment and see what works and what doesn't.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^that's who I got the idea to do the center caps from. The remix of his 60mm center caps I did may not print well because I did not pay attention to the width of the lines in the emblem. The width of the lines need to be in a multiple of the extruder nozzle, especially on the top later or you end up with gaps

2 more recent threads
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095409.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095351.html

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 05-19-2015).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I thought 'wow' a whole wheel!
Then I read a bit more LOL!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I think printing the plastic clips that hold the body panels on would be a general waste of time as the plastic will be too brittle to be of any use. It has to be somewhat flexible.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It depends on how well the printer is calibrated, settings, orientation and the material used.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 05-19-2015).]

Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When my gas pedal broke I designed a new one from some pictures on the internet and printed it.
It fit and worked, but I only used it for half a day before replacing it with the one of my parts car.
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have the file and would you be willing to share it?
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to make a few changes to the model, and I'll put it up on thingiverse in the next few days.

I also have an idea for 3d printed cup-holders that I may try and sell in the future.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this is quite odd. I've checked this thread several times on my phone and never saw any of the replies except the first. Little did I know about the rest!

Anyway, I decided I wanted to print a shift knob. And I happen to have glow in the dark filament. JMBishop, I hope you don't mind that I stole the Fiero logo from your center cap and integrated it onto a shift knob I found on Thingiverse!

My next idea is to try printing replacement horn paddles since one of mine is broken. It might be tricky to design though. Still looking at building a 3d scanner, just can't decide which route to take!

[This message has been edited by toadson (edited 06-09-2015).]

toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered parts to build a 3d scanner last night!
toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally printed all the parts I need for the scanner. Hope to be scanning some Fiero parts soon.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see someone print the fiero model kits and parts!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock