Took to the printer, Here's what came of it by gingerRT
Started on: 04-27-2015 09:03 AM
Replies: 15 (618 views)
Last post by: tom10122 on 04-29-2015 09:38 AM
gingerRT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gingerRTSend a Private Message to gingerRTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both are first prototypes. The speaker adapter isn't to correct scale. The radio bezel has the HVAC opening enlarged to incorporate a different HVAC. Next design is to have a Double Din Radio opening. You would be able to reuse your current HVAC vents. Then it would be up to you to finish how you want it with paint or an overlay.

Switch plate would be used for incorporating switches and making it look factory. I'm planning on using Grand Prix switches and making the plate resemble a close to factory look.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what hvac controls are you using?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool project.
gingerRT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gingerRTSend a Private Message to gingerRTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to incorporate an HVAC setup from a 94-96 Roadmaster. I haven't checked if it would fit with the skeleton though. Just wanted to see if I could get a good print for the radio bezel and so far it seems like it would work. I need to print a double din for my brother's car next.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would we be able to get a Double Din radio opening with the stock HVAC controls?
gingerRT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gingerRTSend a Private Message to gingerRTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that's no problem at all!
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you do a print where the face plate is integrated into the surround where to attract you just use the 3 screws on the bottom? What is the size up an print. Might look into printing the cover that goes over the Odin connector/ cigarette lighter they always break
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gingerRT:

I'd like to incorporate an HVAC setup from a 94-96 Roadmaster. I haven't checked if it would fit with the skeleton though. Just wanted to see if I could get a good print for the radio bezel and so far it seems like it would work. I need to print a double din for my brother's car next.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094971.html

The fiero uses a cable to operate the blend door, the roadmaster and most other cars are electronic.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HVA...em2edc05cd13&vxp=mtr
you'd need to figure out the wiring and use something like this

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 04-27-2015).]

gingerRT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gingerRTSend a Private Message to gingerRTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, but I'm well aware that it isn't a direct swap. I would have to add a blend door motor. I've seen other writeups on using a GM digital HVAC in place of a cable HVAC setup. Wiring isn't a problem and I can print any bracket I would need

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roadmaster digital HVAC you say?

You officially have my attention

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Carcenomy

1109 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Roadmaster wiring diagram... http://www.goldsswagon.com/...admaster_auto_ac.pdf

Looks reasonably achievable too. Hmmm, would look damn nice with that Cavalier digital cluster I bought recently too...
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's really cool, never used a 3D Printer yet so I have to ask if you were to guess how much is the materials to print that? and can you print with different types of plastic?
tom10122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool are you going to release the files or just keep them in house?
gingerRT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gingerRTSend a Private Message to gingerRTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll plan to keep them in house until I get a good working swap, then I'll release them.
tom10122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME, I appreciate it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock