Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Just picked up an 87 SE basket case (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Just picked up an 87 SE basket case by 78_elky
Started on: 04-02-2015 06:31 PM
Replies: 364 (10442 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-26-2019 06:53 PM
cyrus88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2018 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 78_elky:

I did snap a few of the clips that go on the door trim so I may buy a couple new sets and just replace those if the trim doesn't stay stuck really well.

Jessica

I just bought some exact replacement from Oreilly Auto: Dorman 963-025D, GM Interior Push Retainers, qty-3 per pack.
IP: Logged
78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I broke the outside trim clips that hold the black molded body trim on the car. They seam like they are still attached, but not as good as before.

I also took the gas tank out last night and found the leak was the O-ring on the sender. So that is good.
I also noticed the supply line going through the sender top is loose and isn't held in place by any weld/brazing.
I'm going to need a new sender unit possibly or a used one, or I may try to braze the hard line back onto the plate.
Obviously I'll be very careful if I try to braze it, and honestly I'd much rather not have to do that if I can avoid it.
Jessica
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just discovered that this informative 10 page thread is now completely useless because the dozens and dozens of helpful images have disappeared.

People... if you're running a Windows PC, please use PIP to post images here.
78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I just discovered that this informative 10 page thread is now completely useless because the dozens and dozens of helpful images have disappeared.

People... if you're running a Windows PC, please use PIP to post images here.

I know what you mean! I tried to do it but after spending hours I couldn't get all the pics put back into the thread in any meaningful way.

The good thing is it sends me a notification if someone does decide to post to the topic so I can just answer a question.

Do you need to know anything?
Jessica
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 78_elky:

Do you need to know anything?

Yes Jessica, I need to know why you didn't use PIP to post your images.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock