Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  2.8 putting out 250hp lol (Page 1)

Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Trash Can.
2.8 putting out 250hp lol by Pegasus88GT
Started on: 02-13-2015 03:29 PM
Replies: 120 (3368 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 02-24-2015 05:07 PM
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to have the 250hp "straight v6" in my car!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...01&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look good in white IMO and their are not many pictures to verify his comments.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-21-2015).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:
And did anyone else notice that it has manual window cracks & power switches in the middle console.

There aren't actually any switches in there if you look closely.

What a waste of an '88, not even a good swap either..
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea how authentic the replica body is but it looks nice to me. I have never heard of a straight V6 though. How do you do that?
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked him for a dyno run or info on how the 250 hp was estimated. I do not really expect much of a reply (if any) but will post his answer here if I get one.

Nelson
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The kit has lots of potential... I can see how it could be a really nice car, albeit without any roof to speak of. I don't know if it's the white paint that makes the panel gaps stick out like sore thumbs or whether the doors and hatches aren't fully closed, but the gaps and panel alignment left a lot to be desired in my opinion. I don't think I'd ever buy a convertible Fiero without lots of documentation on how it was done.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry: I don't know if it's the white paint that makes the panel gaps stick out like sore thumbs...

For the $37K he claims it cost... I'd just build a much better looking (non-kit) Fiero, or an actual 308. That thing is one ugly kit (imo).
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

For the $37K he claims it cost... I'd just build a much better looking (non-kit) Fiero, or an actual 308. That thing is one ugly kit (imo).

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a Fiero with a tiburon body?
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As per the auction :

THIS NICE FERRARI IS REGISTRED IN TILL 01/30/2016
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks ok to me. but not worth the price tag. Could use de-tagging. unless it's a perfect replica, putting badges on it only makes it look cheap.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:
That thing is one ugly kit (imo).

Originally posted by tshark:
Is that a Fiero with a tiburon body?

Do you guys even know what a real 360 Modena spider looks like?

The kit:

The real Ferrari:

The kit:

The real thing:

Of course there are differences, but if you think the kit is ugly, then surely you must think the same about the actual Ferrari too. The kit isn't that far off.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:
Of course there are differences, but if you think the kit is ugly, then surely you must think the same about the actual Ferrari too. The kit isn't that far off.

It just needs a stretch and it would be pretty damn close.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do. I prefer the 308 or the Fiero
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I did get some sort of reply when I asked the HP question. Note that this did not come from the eBay auction site so it may not be from the owner. Additional posts will be made if I hear from him/her. My reply to the e-mail is also posted. It appears to come from one of our green friends that traditionally live under bridges.

I have never been called a troll before so I expect that most people do not see me that way. If I have a legitimate question about a product for sale I will ask it. That makes me somewhat smart and you an idiot if you do not exercise any judgement at all wrt potential purchases. BTW, I have dynos on several of my vehicles (two of the four cars that I own) to back up anything I say about them and one of the non dynoed cars is a V8 that I make no claims whatsoever about.

That being said, I have some land in Florida and own a bridge in Brooklyn. Are you interested in purchasing them?

Nelson

-----Original Message-----
To: hnt100 <hnt100@aol.com>
Sent: Sat, Feb 14, 2015 8:54 am
Subject: Fiero 250 hp
You are asking a Fiero owner for proof of a hp claim? Lol you are a troll. Believe his claims or stfu.

Funny how trolls like you don't ask the sbc Fiero owners for proof of their hp claims. You are a troll and a hypocrite

Shaun

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 02-14-2015).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here is the response I just received from eBay wrt the 250 hp question. I guess that this may be from the owner.

Dear hnthomps,

this engine was four cylinder , ...now was transformed to six cylinder , and when they did an estimate they said has 250HP

- marinjhon442014

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The last response from Shaun was typical TROLL so I will not bother posting it unless someone requests me to do so. Let the troll stay entombed under the bridge!

Nelson
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think it's ugly, and the original Ferrari isn't. There are a lot of subtle weird things with that kit, which don't exist on the original, and which make it uglier. Just a stretch wouldn't solve those problems with the kit.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2015 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by hnthomps:

The last response from Shaun was typical TROLL so I will not bother posting it unless someone requests me to do so. Let the troll stay entombed under the bridge!

Nelson

LOL. No, Shaun is a known troll, and definitely not the owner of that car. Maybe it has a 125 shot of nitrous on the car (which would theoretically let it make 250 HP, once), but the picture sure doesn't look like it.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:
I think it's ugly, and the original Ferrari isn't.

Doesn't surprise me.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A manual transmission is sometimes called a "straight drive" so giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe "straight v6" means manual transmission v6?
I do like the look of the interior in red, but the body panels look like crap.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

A manual transmission is sometimes called a "straight drive" so giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe "straight v6" means manual transmission v6?

I've never heard that expression but it does make sense.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I think the seller means it's N/A (no forced induction to get that awesome 250 hp).
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-18-2015).]

n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent him this:
Who rebuilt the engine for you? I'd like to know what they did to get 250hp. The original Fiero 2.8L clocked in at 140hp. I have an engine I'd like to send them for work.
I'll let you know his response if/when I get it.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was an interesting e-mail that I received for my above post from Shaun Hammitt:

"Why don't you believe the claims? You are a troll for pointing and laughing.

There are v8 Fiero owners who claim 350 hp from an lt1 with ram horn exh manifolds. I don't see you pointing and laughing at them. You are a hypocrite troll and a pussy

Oh and if your 2.8 turbo can't even make 250 hp then it is I who will now point and laugh at you. That is pathetic. Proof you don't know what you are doing. Lol"

Not sure why he felt he had to email instead making the comment here, but thought I would share.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 02-18-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure why he felt he had to email instead making the comment here, but thought I would share.

Because he's banned and has been banned many times, and will be very swiftly banned if he creates any new accounts and uses them, on here.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why so callous and utterly disrespectful? When senior and well-respected members such as yourself make comments like the one above, I start questioning whether it's time to pack up my tool box and go some place else. It's shameful when members resort to maliciously mocking the efforts of others to entertain themselves.

It's been going on for some time now. Most of the ones bashing the kit cars couldn't even build one if they tried. Hell, most of them can't even work on their own stock Fiero without asking a ton of questions, questions that have been answered time and time again on the forum. It's what they do now, must make them feel better.

Most all the good guys have left here already so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more go.

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was an interesting e-mail that I received for my above post from Shaun Hammitt:

"Why don't you believe the claims? You are a troll for pointing and laughing.

There are v8 Fiero owners who claim 350 hp from an lt1 with ram horn exh manifolds. I don't see you pointing and laughing at them. You are a hypocrite troll and a pussy

Oh and if your 2.8 turbo can't even make 250 hp then it is I who will now point and laugh at you. That is pathetic. Proof you don't know what you are doing. Lol"

Its been quite some time since we had a good war with that website.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...I start questioning whether it's time to pack up my tool box and go some place else.

Dave, please don't allow thoughtless comments to drive you away from the forum. You're one helluva valuable resource here, as well as being an all round good guy.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just don't get it.
A senior member that has helped many on this forum expresses his opinion about a replica and you guys jump all over him.

But when many senior members post threads in O/T that are utterly disrespectful towards Afro-American members its ok.
EX: Are black people violent? (Social Expiriment Video)

We can agree on one thing though, many good members have left this place and many more will follow.

Troy

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 02-18-2015).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been saying for a long time that O/T belongs in the trash can Troy. It is nothing but a means for people of opposing views to slander each other. You need to report threads like that directly to Cliff when you feel they breach the terms of the site's usage.

No one knows if the seller of the car is a member here, nor should it matter. Anybody who thinks being blatantly disrespectful is somehow funny, or an expression of their right to free speech has their head in the sand. Why not slander everyone with a Fiero that doesn't meet our own personal expectations and see how long this forum lasts?

(Edit: cleared up misunderstanding)

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 02-20-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been saying for a long time that O/T belongs in the trash can Troy. It is nothing but a means for people of opposing views to slander each other. A thread like the one you linked to is something that would never exist if this forum had moderators that cared. Sorry Cliff, but you've dropped the ball.

As for jscott's comment, it's just a continuation of the careless bull that Madcurl used to propagate. No one knows if the seller of the car is a member here, nor should it matter. Anybody who thinks being blatantly disrespectful is somehow funny, or an expression of their right to free speech has their head in the sand. Everyone has bad days, sure. But even jscott's "apology" was tongue-in-cheek and undeserving of comment. Had he really reconsidered his "ugly" post, he would have replaced it rather than simply mock what he believes to be my "insensibilities". That's what people do when they can't admit they're wrong... they blame others for being too weak. Why not slander everyone with a Fiero that doesn't meet our own personal expectations and see how long this forum lasts?

No. The careless drivel that madcurl used to propagate was just outright rude and disrepsectful to the entire kit car community. Saying a car is ugly is not blatently disrespectful. It's an expression of personal opinion. If you care that much about whether someone thinks someone else's car is ugly, I hope you have never called any car ugly in your life. No matter how clapped out or ridiculous it is. The car is ugly and a poor copy of a 360. And it's not slander. it's a simplified statement for all the same things you pointed out in not so few words. I guess that makes your statement slanderous too.

Instead of considering your own posts, you're going off and accusing others of not knowing what a 360 even looks like, being callous and utterly disrespectful, and now equating their very minor and simple comments to the continuous berating of kits and even stock body Fieros alike, that madcurl so joyously provided this forum. Why not just let it go instead of trying to push your own opinions about a single car into the hearts of others? This is a matter of personal taste and you're trying to turn it into an objective discussion where the only right opinion is yours. It isn't.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see how the car can be described as "ugly" I can't see a lot of difference between it and a real one but even if it is not exact does it have to be exact or it's ugly? Every car I have ever customized became 'not exact' but they were always an improvement in my eyes. Obviously beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and my current rebody is not 100% exact and there are many legitimate criticisms that could be made. Ugly is not a nice thing to say.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:
No. The careless drivel that madcurl used to propagate was just outright rude and disrepsectful to the entire kit car community. Saying a car is ugly is not blatently disrespectful... This is a matter of personal taste and you're trying to turn it into an objective discussion where the only right opinion is yours. It isn't.

Thanks for your opinion dobey, it matters as much to me, as mine apparently does to you. If this thread were specifically about Troy's Enterra, my posts would remain exactly as they are. In fact, it wouldn't matter if it were about anyone else's car either, including yours. However, in a thread specifically targeting your car as "ugly as sin", I sincerely doubt you would be on the same soap box.

If you want to express an opinion designed to offend others, do it in O/T. You keep spilling that crap over into the rest of the forum under the guise of free speech and I can guarantee I will not be the only one to leave. Your belief that an individual's right to speak his mind trumps everyone else's right to a non-confrontational forum has obviously served you well so far.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for your opinion dobey, it matters as much to me, as mine apparently does to you. If this thread were specifically about Troy's Enterra, my posts would remain exactly as they are. In fact, it wouldn't matter if it were about anyone else's car either, including yours. However, in a thread specifically targeting your car as "ugly as sin", I sincerely doubt you would be on the same soap box.

If you want to express an opinion designed to offend others, do it in O/T. You keep spilling that crap over into the rest of the forum under the guise of free speech and I can guarantee I will not be the only one to leave. Your belief that an individual's right to speak his mind trumps everyone else's right to a non-confrontational forum has obviously served you well so far.

I tend to agree with you that O/T doesn't really belong as a part of the Fiero forum. I don't post on it nearly as much as I used to because it really is just a political thread and everyone has their opinion on everything and are very quick to trash anyone with an opposing viewpoint. I think it should be spun off to a different website. A lot of the people who post there no longer have a Fiero or any interest in Fieros. Any non-owner can always post in technical or general they don't need O/T. A car enthusiast friend of mine was very surprised that this forum had the O/T section.
This thread has been moved here: The Trash Can.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock