Fiero confusion by Vesquar
Started on: 06-15-2014 11:27 PM
Replies: 102 (1611 views)
Last post by: Vesquar on 06-18-2014 08:51 PM
FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I can make you a carbon fiber hood but it will cost you an arm and a leg. What I recommend is 3M carbon fiber vinyl and a good quality urethane clearcoat over the top. You will get the gloss/reflection of the carbon fiber plus the urethane clear has UV protection so the vinyl should last FAR beyond the manufacturers specs. Just a thought.

How much exactly does an arm in a leg a real fiber hood would be sweet

[This message has been edited by FieroCanada (edited 06-17-2014).]

IP: Logged
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to know how much an arm and a leg is also,I will sacrifice bodyparts! I know im making premature leaps on the vin I just said thats what everyone was going with. When I am not working 12 hour days I will find out if its a true 84 or not :P
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

How much exactly does an arm in a leg a real fiber hood would be sweet

Common mass produced CF hoods for Hondas and similar are $600+. I'd expect a custom one-off hand-made CF hood for a Fiero to be closer to double that price.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL...I think we are leaping a bit far here. Get it to move more than 3ft please.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, he may not have an arm and a leg, but perhaps that right tail light assembly, a sail panel, and a decklid with a raised Fiero GT.
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hell yea ! I will post pics of the engine clean when i get it there. And maybe a video of her maiden voyage !! I am just so excited about this car. The things I want to do to her and just dont have time
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

LOL...I think we are leaping a bit far here. Get it to move more than 3ft please.

With a carbon fiber hood it could move 4ft with 3ft of effort.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to say it is an 85 GT. the only 84 part I see is a glass SE sail panel. Engine compartment wiring layout is NOT from 84, the interior switches/buttons are gray......
Too much work, wiring layout is too precise for a rebuild.
Just my 2¢....

It will be a nice car after some work!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 06-18-2014).]

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright see that makes me worry :/ I knew the engine looked too original to look swapped
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sort of agree with above. I think the 84 VIN tag was put on a 85 GT. Possibly stolen somewhere along the way. A covert way to check is call the police or DMV to tell them your looking to buy a car and want to check the VIN number before you buy. That way if it is stolen, they wont come and pick up the car from you. If you have a current title for that VIN, just keep your mouth shut and enjoy. Logic tells me if someone was too lazy to remove a decal to paint it, they didnt have the effort to change all the body panels and drivetrain. Lot easier with a stiff putty knife to steal a VIN plate in a junkyard.

The front hood release is by your left knee, and if its broken off, theres a extra safety release cable stuck into the mount. Just pull it down and use some pliers to pull it. Works the same as the actual release handle.
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright I guess this means the first chance I get to I will be pulling the speaker. And maybe sometime soon I will he to open the hood.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the eighth digit of the VIN?
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The eighth is R, the tenth is E
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger's point sounds right. It's easier to change a tag than an engine/cradle and a bunch of body panels.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-18-2014).]

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll see I got the car from a guy so easily cause it didn't run. All that was wrong is he put the plug wires in the wrong spot and wasn't smart enough to try and fix it. So what I was thinking is someone who owned th car before him may have done all th body work. And this guy painted it. I'll be honest with you I fell like the guy from idiocracy compared to standing next to this guy. He seemed like the sort not even smart enough to find an 84 vin plate and put it on. I was figuring the car is the way it is because of not one but multiple owners.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of Fieros tend to meet this fate. Perhaps it is because they look so easy to fix until you try it. After a while, the frustrated fixer just sells, and the cycle repeats.
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I was figuring. But no matter how complicated or the lengths I have to go to. Now that I have latched onto her I letting no one have er'
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the RPO sticker on the drivers front wheel well inside the front trunk still intact?
If so, does the VIN number on it match the VIN plate?
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found the hood latch recently this morning. I didn't look at te sticker cause I was just stopped to pick up tools for a job. I haven't got a chance to look at the sticker or if there even is one that is
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vesquar:

We'll see I got the car from a guy so easily cause it didn't run. All that was wrong is he put the plug wires in the wrong spot and wasn't smart enough to try and fix it.

I've heard of stories similar to that previously , but I still think they're hysterically funny.

Originally posted by Vesquar:
He seemed like the sort not even smart enough to find an 84 vin plate and put it on.

You completely lost me with that statement, unless you meant to mention an `85 VIN instead of `84 VIN, because somebody did put an `84 VIN plate on the car, right? (As you can see, I read interesting posts closely. )
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry what I was referring to is if it was swapped then i do not believe he was smart enough to swap an 85 vin with the current 84
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

You completely lost me with that statement, unless you meant to mention an `85 VIN instead of `84 VIN, because somebody did put an `84 VIN plate on the car, right? (As you can see, I read interesting posts closely. )

I'd say the VIN was swapped. But it was probably done in 1992 or something. There's no way to know how recently it was done, and it's a 30 year old car. Plenty of time for it to have been stolen by someone, the VIN plate swapped, and any open police case on the stolen car be closed as the car not found.
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well when i start the full disassemble and reassemble I will know for sure
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock