Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hello everyone. I'm looking for advice on lfx swap.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hello everyone. I'm looking for advice on lfx swap. by Tshields
Started on: 03-06-2014 10:51 PM
Replies: 2 (376 views)
Last post by: Tshields on 03-09-2014 01:52 PM
Tshields

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TshieldsSend a Private Message to TshieldsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an '88 GT and I would like to swap in a lfx/6t70 from an Impala. I have read seajai's 3.5 Chrysler swap and take inspiration from it. Assuming I have a running car, what would the major electrical hurdles be? I plan on keeping the fiero body systems (taillights, headlights) separate from the donor powertrain. And I would probably try to use the Impala bcm to run the instrument cluster rather than try to keep the mechanical gauges. I am kind of concerned about wheel speed sensors, abs, steering system and such causing limp modes in the ecu. Any advice would be much appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tshields:

I have an '88 GT and I would like to swap in a lfx/6t70 from an Impala. I have read seajai's 3.5 Chrysler swap and take inspiration from it. Assuming I have a running car, what would the major electrical hurdles be? I plan on keeping the fiero body systems (taillights, headlights) separate from the donor powertrain. And I would probably try to use the Impala bcm to run the instrument cluster rather than try to keep the mechanical gauges. I am kind of concerned about wheel speed sensors, abs, steering system and such causing limp modes in the ecu. Any advice would be much appreciated.

There has been some discussion about the high feature swap here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129043.html

That transmission has been used before: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000136.html
Tshields

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TshieldsSend a Private Message to TshieldsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the links. That is a lot of good info. Looks like I might end up with a trunk full of Impala wiring. Or see if Trifecta can do a stand alone.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock