Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What do you do when another forum member may be ripping you off?? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What do you do when another forum member may be ripping you off?? by retroman
Started on: 09-27-2013 03:17 AM
Replies: 50 (2195 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 10-07-2013 08:15 PM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so this is a thread that I have been very reluctant to post, just because I like giving people the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make things right, but so far I feel I've been fed lie after lie. I will leave out some of the details so as to stay within forum rules. About a year ago (yes a year, I've been waiting that long), I purchased some components for my build from a "very reputable" forum member. I've been so patient because his feedback was mostly positive and very high, but now I am frustrated. After I paid a lot of money, I have heard nothing. This member has called me maybe 3 or 4 times at most. Any contact I've had has been on my part, and this is wrong because the customer should never have to worry about what is going on. Each time I call, I either get excuses or an answering machine, and my emails and messages go unanswered for the most part. If this member happens to be reading this, please I am begging you to quit with the excuses and make things right. I don't want to file a complaint, but you have my money, and I have no parts. If you don't, I have no choice but to pursue other means as soon as I figure out what level of legal force is appropriate. To anyone else reading this, where do you think I should go from here??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is probably a foolish question....but has that contact included you directly asking for your money back? Is it safe to assume that you have done that, and gotten no response to that request?

Do you know whether or not anyone else is having issues with this vendor? Have they taken care of their other customers, but forgotten about you?

Is this a custom made item that they are neglecting to make? Or an "in stock" item they are neglecting to ship?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a year and the seller is not communicating with u unless u make the effort. Put him on blast so others know not to buy from him. No excuse for poor comunication...

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Its been a year and the seller is not communicating with u unless u make the effort. Put him on blast so others know not to buy from him. No excuse for poor comunication...

He is 100% correct & there is also No excuse for poor communication....

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in a similar boat, I have a forum member that still owes me about $350.00. Steve whose screen name is fierocarparts. No communication and I would bet that he does not intend to pay me. He did at one point send me $50 towards his debt. It would be really nice to get the cash he owes as we need it for the Rottinchop. Actually I guess there were tow members that owe me money as Dean Cain, aka Whodeanie ripped me off for 10s of thousands of dollars.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 09-27-2013).]

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a thought - wouldnt it be a idea to have a thread on buyers and sellers like a credit score - so that anyone wishing to purchase or sell to a forum member or even a vendor on ebay - would have a reference to see if they were genuie honest sellers/buyers and then make an informed choice.

just a thought

jon
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mall does have a way to rate sellers, similar to giving feedback. The downside though is that one, you cannot just randomly rate someone. It has to be a thread that both you and the seller (or buyer) of the item(s) must have participated in. And second, the feedback is only viewable in The Mall. It's not viewable in other thread sections at a glance like the ratings system.

No matter what though, no rating system of any sort can prevent a sour transaction no matter how well a particular individual is rated as being a good forum participant.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:
Ok, so this is a thread that I have been very reluctant to post, just because I like giving people the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make things right, but so far I feel I've been fed lie after lie. I will leave out some of the details so as to stay within forum rules.

This forum is funny, I’ve seen this scenario play out several times and actually it’s going on in the mall right now; a regular/popular member screws over other less popular/regular members and friends of the popular seller will rush in and defend them and bash the complaining buyer. “oh you need to give him time, or he’s had personal issues, or this is his side business etc. etc.” I had this happen to me several times. I paid for an item and never got it. After several weeks I started asking questions in PM and got the typical BS of it’s in the mail or the mail had damaged the packaging and returned it and he hadn’t had time to repackage and resend. Again I waited, and after several more weeks I finally posted in the for sale thread that I wanted my item or a refund NOW or was going to file a claim. And what happened, I actually got crap from other member for complaining, was basically bullied by his forum buddies and someone even gave me a neg. Why?? Why do people defend sellers that don’t deliver as promised? Yes things come up in life but if it happens repeatedly or it’s going on several months and no part and no communication, why defend them?? I say it’s their own doing and they deserve a good blasting.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 09-27-2013).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you guys go through as I have myself.
I have been on both sides as buyer and seller.
As a buyer I couldn`t imagine why someone couldn`t take two minutes out of their day to let me know what`s going on.
On the other hand as a seller when I first started up making my products after my move I had people PMing me wanting to send money to get into line for something.
But, I explained that I was just getting back into it and to let me get it all together before taking on a bunch of orders or sending money.
Most people wil respond very well to good communication and will completely understand if something comes up.
But, if it runs longer than expected I don`t mind if they want a refund, although that has never happened to me.
Everybody that I have dealt with on here has been understanding if the embroider has run behind or if a part hasn`t come in as expected.
They just want some sort of reassurance that you are doing at least something to get their item to them.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I am in a similar boat, I have a forum member that still owes me about $350.00. Steve whose screen name is fierocarparts. No communication and I would bet that he does not intend to pay me. He did at one point send me $50 towards his debt. It would be really nice to get the cash he owes as we need it for the Rottinchop. Actually I guess there were tow members that owe me money as Dean Cain, aka Whodeanie ripped me off for 10s of thousands of dollars.

" Steve whose screen name is fierocarparts "

Once more not to be confused with fieroparts.com
Tim,

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 09-27-2013).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for BLAST mode.

It has been a year?!? No way to open any kind of Paypal dispute after all this time. You have no recourse there. Comm's are not being returned? Pfft! I personally woulda been in blast mode months ago but that's just me.

Lemme ask you (the OP) a few questions. Is the culprit still active? I mean are they still listing other items for sale? Are they still posting to PFF? I see your in Hi so driving over is not an option. Do you have any other contact info for the seller? Please be careful posting personal info in a thread. I think it's OK to PM that kinda stuff but don't openly post someone's address or phone #. Cliff does not like when poster do this.

Be careful that you don't get banned. I wanna say I seen someone gripe about a fellow PFF'er jacking them then next thing you know people have those sad looking, This user banned, thingy under their username.

In short put them on blast but be careful of violating TOS's or what ever Cliff calls them. State the facts clearly, keep opinions to a minimum, warn other potential victims and call them out. This is a forum after all and posting is by nature it's existence. Weather they be friendly, huggy, kissy threads or, that effing butt hat ripped me off threads!

Call them out...
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Call them out...

Another vote for this
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my only concern is that when you have a problem there should be a way to resolve better than blasting someone with a negative.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

my only concern is that when you have a problem there should be a way to resolve better than blasting someone with a negative.

And I agree with you, but I've used every other method I know so far. The only reason I gave him this much time was because he had good feedback and a lot of it. I guess that's not enough though...
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Lemme ask you (the OP) a few questions. Is the culprit still active? I mean are they still listing other items for sale? Are they still posting to PFF?

I'm not talking about negging at all. Just for clarifications sake. I'm talking about posting the details of the transaction. Any and all details that are not personal info related. What and when were the last contact and what were the details within that last contact? Things of this nature.

Hell maybe the OP could even enlighten us here without giving that PFF'ers name out. What were the parts/services being sold. What (if any) was the promised delivery date. What were the costs associated with the transaction, etc.

edit to add...please feel free to check my Mall ratings...100% satisfaction is what I strive for. I would rather give a refund then have someone blast me here. There is a good reason for this practice. I call it the future...

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 09-28-2013).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know more details. It helps me make my decision on who I buy from on here. There have been a few issues with scams and recently I was almost suckered into one. Howver I think everyone got their money back

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people don't live on PFF, but if you've asked for a refund and that has been ignored, you have a problem for sure. If I sold something not as represented, I try to work out the price or refund. Others believe in "Buyer Beware" at all costs, but get upset when they don't get what they paid for. I've been ripped-off by sellers on Craigslist that I know are members here, but CL has no recourse.
The feedback system works well in my opinion. Cliff worked hard to get the feedback system in place. There was thread that anyone could post to, not just buyers.
Where, besides the mall, would you need to know feedback on buying an item? Isn't that where transactions occur?
I'm waiting for something and have had poor communications with them but I haven't asked for return of items.
I've had positive and negative experiences both selling and buying here.
But even if you are "in the right", you can be crucified here in PFF if you go against a "popular" person ( remember High School?).
If you bought here, buy ALL means leave negative feedback. If it is another site, use that site.
Sometimes you will notice that some threads about bashing have "new" members that hardly post chime in.
So, have you asked for a refund?

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd also like to know who your having trouble with so I don't get $crewed over. You can PM me with the screen name. Leave out the vowels if you wish and I'll figure out the rest.
I also just had an amusing thought. A scrolling marquee across the top of the screen with all the members that took advantage of others.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll add my 2 cents here. I have a job that takes up 98% of my life, including family time. I make TONS of custom parts for the members on here ranging from emblems, moldings, taillights and complete carbon fiber parts. It takes me up to a year sometimes to make the parts simply because I am out of town most of the time. If you buy a factory/pre-made/used part, there is NO reason that the part should not be in your hands within 2 weeks. So with that in mind.....what do you need? List what you need so maybe the rest of the forum can help.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am in a similar boat, I have a forum member that still owes me about $350.00. Steve whose screen name is fierocarparts. No communication and I would bet that he does not intend to pay me.

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Some people don't live on PFF, but if you've asked for a refund and that has been ignored, you have a problem for sure.

...and some people are oblivious.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-28-2013).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

...and some people are oblivious.

I saw that also and was gonna comment but didnt....Practice what u preach comes to mind...
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

Once more not to be confused with fieroparts.com
Tim,

Yes...two totally different folks with two totally different business models and two totally different trust worthiness levels.
fieroparts.com---yes
fierocarparts---NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Some people don't live on PFF, but if you've asked for a refund and that has been ignored, you have a problem for sure. If I sold something not as represented, I try to work out the price or refund. Others believe in "Buyer Beware" at all costs, but get upset when they don't get what they paid for. I've been ripped-off by sellers on Craigslist that I know are members here, but CL has no recourse.
The feedback system works well in my opinion. Cliff worked hard to get the feedback system in place. There was thread that anyone could post to, not just buyers.
Where, besides the mall, would you need to know feedback on buying an item? Isn't that where transactions occur?
I'm waiting for something and have had poor communications with them but I haven't asked for return of items.
I've had positive and negative experiences both selling and buying here.
But even if you are "in the right", you can be crucified here in PFF if you go against a "popular" person ( remember High School?).
If you bought here, buy ALL means leave negative feedback. If it is another site, use that site.
Sometimes you will notice that some threads about bashing have "new" members that hardly post chime in.

How can you even post in this thread? You have quite literally owed me money for years!!! Remember this thread:

Steve - Fierocarparts, I would like to be paid the money you owe me....
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083879.html

He did pay $48.25 so only owes $301.75. Would really help with the Rottinchop at this point. Sorry...I shouldn't have hijacked this thread.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 09-28-2013).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry...I shouldn't have hijacked this thread.

Hijack as needed. Some sons of bitches need to be reminded of how they F_u_c_k_ed some people.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-28-2013).]

LB23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LB23Send a Private Message to LB23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

This forum is funny, I’ve seen this scenario play out several times and actually it’s going on in the mall right now; a regular/popular member screws over other less popular/regular members and friends of the popular seller will rush in and defend them and bash the complaining buyer. “oh you need to give him time, or he’s had personal issues, or this is his side business etc. etc.” I had this happen to me several times. I paid for an item and never got it. After several weeks I started asking questions in PM and got the typical BS of it’s in the mail or the mail had damaged the packaging and returned it and he hadn’t had time to repackage and resend. Again I waited, and after several more weeks I finally posted in the for sale thread that I wanted my item or a refund NOW or was going to file a claim. And what happened, I actually got crap from other member for complaining, was basically bullied by his forum buddies and someone even gave me a neg. Why?? Why do people defend sellers that don’t deliver as promised? Yes things come up in life but if it happens repeatedly or it’s going on several months and no part and no communication, why defend them?? I say it’s their own doing and they deserve a good blasting.

I have seen the same play out and the one change with this that didnt get him speed banned by negs is he didnt name names. All the other threads named the person and all his friends came out to defend the BS wile giving negs to the OP till they got banned. I can see this doing a 180 after he says who has been screwing him over.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edited to reflect agreement.

I saw that also and was gonna comment but didnt....Practice what u preach comes to mind...

IF you gave HALF the attention to what Loyde did as you do my dealing with John, less people would've been ripped off by him. You lived close enough to help out fellow members here, but you were in good with Loyde at the expense of others.
Quote from Will-Martin getting ripped-off:
I am not forsure why you are bringing my name into this Thread or your post. But since you did...I have stated before that I do not agree with what has happened between FF and others BUT....I have also stated and I will again that every deal/transaction that I have done with Loyde has been positive in every way. He has helped me over the years with every thing I have asked him to and has answered every question that I have ever asked.

By the way, is the Mesquite shipping address still the right one? I want to return the straps you loaned me to tie down the car I purchased from you a few months ago from your Craigslist ad. I was surprised that you were ok with a business transaction with me if I am SO untrustworthy.
Yep, one SHOULD practice what they preach.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 11-21-2013).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IF you gave HALF the attention to what Loyde did as you do my dealing with John, less people would've been ripped off by him. You lived close enough to help out fellow members here, but you were in good with Loyde at the expense of others.
Quote from Will-Martin getting ripped-off:
I am not forsure why you are bringing my name into this Thread or your post. But since you did...I have stated before that I do not agree with what has happened between FF and others BUT....I have also stated and I will again that every deal/transaction that I have done with Loyde has been positive in every way. He has helped me over the years with every thing I have asked him to and has answered every question that I have ever asked.

By the way, is the Mesquite shipping address still the right one? I want to return the straps you loaned me to tie down the car I purchased from you a few months ago from your Craigslist ad. I was surprised that you were ok with a business transaction with me if I am SO untrustworthy.
Yep, one SHOULD practice what they preach.

Im not sure what u mean by I could have helped save ppl from being ripped off. My qoute was my direct dealing with Loyde and I am pretty sure the other 99% of negative qoutes in the thread out weighed my one little qoute. So to say I could have saved ppl from getting ripped off is just pain silly. I have only mentioned one of the many bad transactions u have had over the years so be thankful for that. Theee is a reason why ppls screen names change along with there ebay accounts ever few years and its not because it was hijacked.  

Dont worry with the straps as its been many months and I have already wrote them off as gone. And I have no problem selling to someone that is shady as I am an honest seller and cant be burned that way. Like I said I am an honest seller that has had the same screen name and ebay account since I signed up for both. U will not find one bad dealing with me when it comes to selling parts so unsure why u say ONE should practice what they preach as that doesnt apply to me in the sisuation but it was a good attempt to try to redirect the attention off urself.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierocarparts, the failure of Joel to receive a vehicle wasn't John's fault. When we left at the end of that weekend, the car was almost complete, inside and out. Almost all wiring had been completed in the conversion for an 84 to accept a V6 engine. Interior, exterior, drive train, brakes. All done. In the link below, you can see the condition of the car when Georgia Fieros retrieved it, hoping to finish the project. Now, we are looking for another car and RobsFieros has generously donated an 85SE into which we can transplant all the stuff from the original car. That consists of the headlight assemblies with rebuilt motors, and the engine. Everything else was stripped from the car while it was at Whodeanie's customs.

Joel will probably receive a car, though a little late. Everything for and to the car will be provided by Georgia Fieros, unless John wants to jump in and can afford to.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/092379-4.html

I've been saying for a long time (privately) that it's dangerous to complain about well-known and well-liked members of this forum. Many are Icons of the community. Rodney Dickman, The Fiero Store, Sinister Performance, FieroJon, DIYstu, FieroFiberglass, and many many more. I have had and know others who have had issues with any one of these vendors or their products or services, but were reluctant to publicly make a statement for fear of being ostracized.

Why? We want to keep them around and not run them out of business with negative ratings because we need them for the special products they produce or the services they offer. BUT, if the vendor isn't communicating with his customer and offering good customer service, then I just don't see any other recourse but to call them out.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would show proof right here on the forum and let everyone know whats up. Plea your case to a lawyer.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofool- I'm sure that you're right about having issues with some of the larger vendors, as mistakes are made and after all, we are human.
I applaud the Georgia Fiero group for completing the car through generous donations of time and money. I think it is great that the community helps others. Look at the national recognition that was given to the Tyler project, truly selfless.
After all the NUMEROUS (not just one and someone with an axe to grind) people that were damaged by Dean, it is good to see the gauntlet picked up and carried by the GA Fiero club.

I didn't bother mentioning ANY names in my first post to the OP. The other attacker MStangs, is local to me. If I have had a bad dealing with him, he hasn't made it clear to ME nor afforded me a chance to rectify it.
JR and I did have a transaction and it did not end well. (But through concessions on mine and JR's part, our dispute has been settled). I was not going to choose which postings to avoid in order to allow these two to bully me.
I'm tired of MB beating this dead horse when he has only had positive dealings with me, but sells parts and cars in a competing market. You can see the financial motive to discrediting me in such a small community.
Cliff worked hard to get the feedbacks in the mall where transactions take place. This is the crap is the exact reason why Cliff made the feedback dependent on a transaction in the mall.
You will not find my transaction with either of them in the mall.
So to the OP, you can see what can happen on mentioning names. If you bought from the mall, use that feedback. I encourage using the feedback system to assist you in your decision to feel comfortable buying from that supplier.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 11-21-2013).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the PM. That'll be the last one.
And yeah. I defended Dean. And I was wrong. I have publicly admitted that. Several times.
I believe John is a standup guy.
Without getting into the nuts and bolts of the transaction, I was a bit surprised that you posted in here without even acknowledging that there was a post about you, just above.

Cliff worked hard to get the feedbacks in the mall where transactions take place. This is the crap is the exact reason why Cliff made the feedback dependent on a transaction in the mall.

Yeah. And I bought a POS "rebuilt" Getrag from a forum member, through PMs. No actual for sale thread on the forum.
(Edit - This was NOT the current Beretta Getrag that I own. That one is fine.)
I'm not really happy for getting bent over to the tune of $700+ dollars, either. Think I got any satisfaction out of that deal?
It went down the exact same way. All sorts of promises from the seller, and then nothing.
So excuse me if I refuse to give much of a damn about this so-called logic.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-29-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar- you ASS-U-ME that I was obvious to the mention of my name. Maybe I was trying to be above that and offer constructive solutions.
As far as you defending Dean, I have NO dog in that fight. I spoke to Dean through here and he was helpful about my questions.
Sorry you got ripped off by someone here, so all people who sell are bad? Just like going through Paypal protects you, buying from postings in the Mall gives you recourse.
My PM was questioning why you posted "Oblivious". So, no, NOT Oblivious, just trying to take a high road and not get entrenched in this crap.
For the record, Retroman's post is NOT about me.
Retroman- have you requested a refund? Once that is denied/acknowledged, then you should give feedback. But beware, freedom of speech is never truly free.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar- you ASS-U-ME that I was obvious to the mention of my name. Maybe I was trying to be above that ...

"Above that." or "In your face."

Whatever. Have fun.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm tired of MB beating this dead horse when he has only had positive dealings with me, but sells parts and cars in a competing market. You can see the financial motive to discrediting me in such a small community.

If posting one time about something is beating a dead horse then there is alot of beating going on in the Forum. Only thing I posted about the deal between u and JR was that the Indy was SOLD an that the new owner said he was screwed over by the seller over the title. And I didnt even start a new Thread about that I just posted in the original Thread JR started. I mean if I wanted to beat a dead horse I would start from the beginning with ur first screen name on here and the ebay auction that promted u to change ur screen name and ebay seller account name.

And me selling parts on the Forum has nothing to do with me trying to discredit u but it is funny that u think thats the reason. Cliffs seller rating does work pretty good but not if a seller changes his screen name ever few years after so many bad dealings. The same goes for ebay....

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierocarparts, I gave you every bit of information I had and you 100% know that. No person forced you to buy that car. The Indy specific stuff was worth well over $350 bones alone. You gave your word...not just once but many times on paying me. You are a liar and a cheat. You have no honour or integrity. Show us the PM's where I misrepresented the Indy...you can't because they don't exist. I, on the other hand, posted many of your PMs. You, good sir, are a liar.

I have never asked for money to be donated to my cars. Some have sent Rob money to put towards it but, if you read my thread, you will find I never asked. I asked for help. I appreciate their help. They are accomplishing the stuff that I have zero skill at such as bodywork body work.

As posted by others, the Joel project is still on the burners. Others have taken up the torch. The car may go to Joel or it may go to a young person down their way that has a need for a vehicle. I have a couple thousand of personal money in that car and many hours. I expect zero of it back. I gave my word that the car would go to a needing young lad (or lass if it ends up that way) an unlike you I keep my word.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

I would like to know more details. It helps me make my decision on who I buy from on here. There have been a few issues with scams and recently I was almost suckered into one. Howver I think everyone got their money back

perfectly stated,
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So do we get to find out who it is?

retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So do we get to find out who it is?

I have given him an ultimatum, and he was informed (I was able to reach him over the phone for once..) that if I don't have a tracking # that has been scanned by at least two locations or a full refund by Monday, then I will be forced to pursue other action. At that time I will disclose who it is on this thread and on his own thread in the mall. I know that I have given enough time already, but I wanted to make sure he was aware of the consequences. That way, he can't claim he never saw it coming.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

X's 2!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay