my build thread continued, 3400 swap by scott0999
Started on: 09-23-2013 11:39 AM
Replies: 15 (1034 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 04-16-2016 08:55 PM
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think my original thread got archived, been a while

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-084019.html

I've been working on my 3400 swap and yesterday the cradle went back in!

Everything went great. nothing broke and no clearance issues. now I need to make the fuel and coolant lines, couple other misc things.

pics!

[This message has been edited by scott0999 (edited 09-25-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looking great.... Keep up the good work.
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finish that thing!!!! SO I can paint it!!!!
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you've cut off the flange part of the rear manifold and (presumably) welded it up and modified the 2.8's crossover pipe to mate to the two manifolds. Got any pics of the manifold without the wrap on? Is there going to be any issue with the exhaust flow from that manifold?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Looks like you've cut off the flange part of the rear manifold and (presumably) welded it up and modified the 2.8's crossover pipe to mate to the two manifolds. Got any pics of the manifold without the wrap on? Is there going to be any issue with the exhaust flow from that manifold?

I saw it and it is done right! Scott is a very Talented fabricator.
Scott!!!!!!! Hurry up and finish so we can start mine!!!!! I also scored a manifold with the turbo flange!
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

rear manifold is from a 3100. I plasma cut the downpipe flange off and welded a plate in place there. thats the closest thing I could make to a stock Fiero 2.8 manifold. this is actually the 2nd one I've made. first one I did for my cavalier when I did the 1st turbo setup on it, to route the exhaust to the crossover instead. it held up fine for several years, and is still being used on another car right now. I pre-heated the manifold and turned up the welding gas a little more than usual, got a really good weld on it.

the crossover is a stock 3400 one I cut and welded all mandrel bent pipe to it, made the Y-pipe myself too. ground down the welds and used VHT flameproof ceramic on it

[This message has been edited by scott0999 (edited 09-25-2013).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put a link to your archived thread in your first post!

Good looking work! Makes me want to get moving on my 3500...
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

It's looking great.... Keep up the good work.

thanks!

Originally posted by carbon:

Put a link to your archived thread in your first post!

Good looking work! Makes me want to get moving on my 3500...

done and thanks!
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
removed the 3400 SFI from the manifold and powder coated it with wrinkle black

86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work!! your gonna love your 3400!! i know i like mine.. if you have any questions just ask

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did a ultrasonic cleaning on the injectors, new orings, filters, ect. did a quick polish on the fuel rail, soldered the multec2 injector ends to the stock injector harness, made a custom chip

easy part of the fuel system is done, now just need to connect to the body side lines. should have made them while the cradle was out but oh well. shouldn't be tooo bad. driver side has plenty of room, just not the back of the engine

PFF
System Bot
Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

did a ultrasonic cleaning on the injectors, new orings, filters, ect. did a quick polish on the fuel rail, soldered the multec2 injector ends to the stock injector harness, made a custom chip

easy part of the fuel system is done, now just need to connect to the body side lines. should have made them while the cradle was out but oh well. shouldn't be tooo bad. driver side has plenty of room, just not the back of the engine

Found your thread Scott! Ill be posting some updates on the Fiero on here too!
Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Finish that thing!!!! SO I can paint it!!!!

I need a paint job this summer on that Fiero if you're interested? I know I'm not Scott but I am looking for people to paint it

------------------
Marco

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally! A 3X00 swap that routes the exhaust like a Fiero.
In mine, the previous owner cut out most of the trunk to run the exhaust directly to a cat-conv then around to the muffler. Total hack.
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see another 3400 going together.
I like your solution to the exhaust. If it's alright with you can I include it in the 3400/3500 info thread?
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091261.html
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep up the good work.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

"The day I tried to live, I stole a thousand beggars' change and gave it to the rich."
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock