Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 7)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, did not get the chance to work on the car today, the heat was just to crazy to stand out under the sun in. Last night however I did manage to sneak out there for a bit and worked on the new roof panel fitting it and getting the seam between the roof panel and the rear clip nice and even as I did the original roof. All I need to do now is perfect the corners of the roof seam a bit and then rebond the a pillar tops to the roof again were I made the relief cuts.

John!! Get ahold of Jimmy!! I want to finalize the rear clip soon but need the hips to do so! They will be shipped with the nose!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-27-2013).]

IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys, a load of stuff happening in my world. I contacted Jimmy and the arrangements are made.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Sorry guys, a load of stuff happening in my world. I contacted Jimmy and the arrangements are made.

Sweet givin world situation we figured you got deployed.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob I should be up there Thursday. I'll call before I show up
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Rob I should be up there Thursday. I'll call before I show up

Groovy! I will try and have the a pillars bonded so we can work on the back side of the roof section.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arranged and invoice sent.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JImmy pm sent
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Rob......why hasn't this been finished yet? I gave you almost 2 weeks of not bothering you and what do I see tonight? An incomplete car! Get-R-Done!

Mark ( back from Vegas )
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL everything in moderation! I got a bunch done tonight no pics tho was too busy working to take them.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Did some shaping tonight, I did not get much time to work on it. Tonight I donated my camper to the Shriners and had to cut down a stump to get it out of my back yard.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

I donated my camper to the Shriners and had to cut down a stump to get it out of my back yard.

Sounds like it has been there a while
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Sounds like it has been there a while

LOL no it was just blocked in by the Rottin chop and my other trailer. It was just easier to finally after 6 years of being cut down finally level the stump to the ground so I can get stuff around the other side of my house. Good news is now I can move the big trailer over and have room to take the body off the frame of my corvette sitting next to the house lol like I need another project! seriously tho it is part of the plan to flip the finger to the city and possibly set up my booth with a temporary structure around it since the city rules say no permanent structures due to me already having too many out buildings.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-29-2013).]

Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, sorry....The engine compartment top vents are not gonna make it. I looked last weekend, but couldnt find them...Wife assured me they were in the storage shed, and she would get them out for me. Got home this week and nada, now she said she thinks she chucked them when we moved. Sorry, I really dont mean to let y'all down, I feel horrible about it. I do have headlight doors and notch tail lights...lol and a bunch of random crap for notchie. I'd gladly donate it and it could be sold in mall to defray some of the costs.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

OK, sorry....The engine compartment top vents are not gonna make it. I looked last weekend, but couldnt find them...Wife assured me they were in the storage shed, and she would get them out for me. Got home this week and nada, now she said she thinks she chucked them when we moved. Sorry, I really dont mean to let y'all down, I feel horrible about it. I do have headlight doors and notch tail lights...lol and a bunch of random crap for notchie. I'd gladly donate it and it could be sold in mall to defray some of the costs.

OK no problem, I will call Archie, when I talked to him last he said he may have some decklid vents around the shop someplace.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took care of Nose and hips with Jimmy. Will also send tapered rockers and quaarter panels.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Took care of Nose and hips with Jimmy. Will also send tapered rockers and quaarter panels.

Cool glad to see your still with us! I had to take a small Break from it a few days and get some work done on that crusty old Corvette in my garage but tomorrow or friday for sure I will be back on it hammering away! I still need to figure out the situation with the radiator, I think we will run a external cooler for the trani I have one here so no need to buy one. Has anyone come up with any ideas for a dash yet? we still need one bad! I was looking in another thread on here and someone was using a diffrent kind of seat that would look really cool in this car I think, and they were cheap too I guess they can be found on Ebay. We should explore that option.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair of decklid vents I would donate if someone will pick up the shipping. how do I tell if they are gt or not?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

I have a pair of decklid vents I would donate if someone will pick up the shipping. how do I tell if they are gt or not?

Gt ones are bigger a bit and rounded on the back side and outboard side. notch back ones are just a rectangle
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok ill look at them again tomorrow and let you know which I have
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it was good to see the progress in person. Enjoy the Trans cooler and I'll check those lights out. Thanks for everything and I'll be back up in a few weeks.

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

it was good to see the progress in person. Enjoy the Trans cooler and I'll check those lights out. Thanks for everything and I'll be back up in a few weeks.

Jake

The trans cooler will be a huge help! also with his son driving it will help keep the trani nice and cool while he is testing the speed limit
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He will only get to test it once...then no more driving for him!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John...You Have A P.m.
Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trani cooler installed! And tonight Chris and I started rebuilding the headlight motors. These are very special as thy have my prototype bushings in them. If they work out I will be offering them for sale and they will be the last ones you will ever need to buy they are made out of polyurethane. unlike the ford ones and originals they will not shrink dry out crack or crumble.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the project is moving along, but we're really in need of some parts to keep this moving along. Just about everything is done that can be done without those needed pieces. Hopefully they will get there soon. Rob if there are any pieces still required but not on the way maybe you could put up an updated list of what is needed. Oh, and by the way don't lose that spring !!! LOL!!!! Also if anyone can lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated. It's getting there, LET'S GET IT DONE!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And when will it be ready for a trip to Milwaukee?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JOHN Call JIMMY$$$
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Called him and sorted it out. Looks like we have all the body bits sorted out and soon underway to you Rob!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tapered Ground Effects and GT Style #1 Side scoops went out today. F355 Front Bumper and Hips will ship end of the week or beginning of next week.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK cool, now hey I need to concentrate on body work and stuff, so I am not worrying about gathering and shipping stuff to people at the moment I just do not have enough daylight to play with it now to divert my attention like that till later on when I have the grunt work done. I basically have 3 weeks before the weather turns to crap so I need to really get the body in order. There is stuff I desperately need yet to move forward, I still need the brake pedal assembly so I can get the front of the car back together and get the steering column back in . I also will need to have the wire harness soon and I am just about ready to move forward with some of the interior parts covering them with the materials we are using. I also really need a dash yet too. We will eventually need to figure out the brakes but fore now I am just going to keep the stock ones intact on it till the more important things are done. If anyone has a gt steering wheel we could use that as well. Also still need gt engine grills and lock set.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the rear clip ios prepped and ready to make the cuts to finish the chop, I am just waiting on the new hip sections to get here then I can make the cuts and do the bonding of the new parts and lowering of the C pillars. I went to Gibbys today and went shopping John you owe me a gazillion dollars and 3 cents lol! I picked up the brake pedal assembly since I had to pull it anyway to get the the shift cable I needed and I grabbed the turn signal lights needed for the new nose and well the cable as well. Now that I have these parts I can put the rest of the front end together and trunk section and have a major part of the front of the car finished up. After the front bumper arrives I just need to bolt it on and fit it and make a few modifications I need to make that Jimmy suggested then I can extend the blinker wires and add the new plugs (picked those up too) and wrap up that part. Afte that the front end should be wrapped up and I will move onto the front fender mods adding the trim parts and prepping them for primer. The hood just needs to be sanded down and will be ready for paint. last night I spent the night sanding down the roof section and it is now ready for finishing body work and primer I still need to fine tune the rear section over the top of the car but it is getting closer every day. Ok back to work!
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Christmas time!!! By the way, I Googled "Gaziilion". Do how many zeros are there in that number? Holy jeppers!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like Christmas time!!! By the way, I Googled "Gaziilion". Do how many zeros are there in that number? Holy jeppers!

You got off pretty good then..... a crapload of 0's, and .03 cents. Sounds like a deal to me

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Google this "Do A Barrel Roll" it will be just like going to work!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i got a bit more work done between the rain drops today and ran into a question, is there a separate switch on the brake pedal assembly for the cruise control? I am still having issues figuring out all the wiring under there as it was cut up for things Will had installed. Timm!! could really use some help figuring this out!!!! I also started fitting the new Jimmys door rockers trim parts. I will be modifying them a tad to add mounting studs on the back side but other than that they are fitted and ready to go! I also fitted the lower front fender trim parts but again I will be adding a few mounting studs to make them more solid instead of just gluing them on. Had a nice Chat with Jimmy about them and he is doing same thing with his.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some showed up!!!!!!!!!!! So, I got to work! Hey Jimmy! guess what lol like I said 1 hour and I had all the holes drilled and cut out and parts fitted! here is a sneak peak John
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So tonight I fitted the other side rocker and well now they are ready to be prepped for paint. I will be needing some primer soon! I have bigger issues tho the weather is getting damn cold and I am running out of daylight! the parts delays are really costing me time and those damn time burglars are going to ruin any chance of this getting done by the time I want to finish it!! We need asap the engine gaskets, the wire harness sorted out, the dash and a decision on paint color and supplies. Also at some point tires for those rims would be cool or I have a set of older ones I can toss on it for now to get it on its wheels. I will also need lug nuts for those wheels to put them on if they require anything other than stock ones. I have parts to ship to those who want those parts but that will have to wait till next month after I get paid ( being paid monthly sucks ass by the way). After the kids go to bed I am heading out to the garage and will be working on more stuff. I started to prep the trim panel behind the seat to be recovered and now I just need to sand it down a bit and cover it in the leatheret. the door trim parts are ready to be covered too but I may need more material as I am already using leftovers that i had from when I did mine. I will be needing tan colored head liner material too I have the headliner board prepped and ready for material. the boot for the steering column is torn does anyone have one in a parts car? I would love to put a new one in before I finish installing the steering column.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-17-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So went back out to work for a bit and finished up making the front trim piece to the style of sail panel I came up with on my chop. John was a big fan of how I did mine so we are doing it to his too and well here are the parts they are done just need scuff and paint.

Here is how it clips on, the original spot were the metal clip was is just modified slightly and it tucks behind the white tab on the gt clip then the backside is 3m taped to the sail window glass I have to make that yet but cant till i get the final shape of the c pillar done. oh and I need a sheet of tinted poly-carbonate.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a little more work done today, Started fitting the deck lid scoop and cutting a big ass hole in the deck lid! PIcs ok here are some pics. the scoop is really rough and will need lots of tlc to look right but no problem its just time.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so it is just me and the crickets here loosing sleep over this. SO, I am going to post a updated list of things needed for this car.

1. Dash
2. lock set for gt
3. seats
4. headliner fabric (tan)
5. few more yards of leatheret I don't have enough
6. Rotors and hardware to fit Fieroguru's setup
7. the brake brackets from Fieroguru
8. gt steering wheel I have horn button
9. tires and lug nuts (subject to change if the wheels get swapped out due to conversation with John)
10. WIRE HARNESS!!!!!!! I have been trying to get a hold of Phonedawgz
11. Steve needs all the engine gaskets and whatever fuel parts from the guy I work with. PM 86soon3.4 for that list I am worrying about the body.
12. piece of sheet metal for trunk floor
13. 3m window weld polyurathane 1 tube
14. High build primer 1 gallon marhyde chamos color (my preference I like the stuff)
15. PAINT COLOR<-------------John get with Firefox and figure out those details and budget
16. Tan carpet to match the roof fabric
17. tan carpet for door panel bottoms
18. Reminder for me to cover top of door panel with leatheret when I get more material
19. 1 quart of wellwood contact cement
20. rubber trim for around windshield
21. redo seal track above door (take it off and put it back on with something to seal it from water leaking between it and the chasi)
22. re adjust the doors one last time and install the glass chop windows and dew wipes
23.paint interior parts that need to be painted
24. Radio?? ? ? and speakers ones in car were destroyed by the mice
25. blinker fluid and muffler grease
26. kinifter pins for the rocket booster
27. horn? stock one or something fun? OOOOOOOOOOOga!
28. mesh for vents?
29. send off the computer for reprogramming but, STEVE.....need to know the details so I will just forward the form to you to fill out
30. Archie c pillar parts for chop top and stock trim parts for the other half of them.
31. deck lid vent grills

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-22-2013).]

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock