Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 4)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark will be picking up the engine and car and taking them up to you this weekend, as far as I know. The engine is only about 10 miles from him. Better get that old cut up frame outta your driveway before the neighbors think you are starting a chop shop! Well, I guess technically you are!!!!

On another note Commanderkeen should make it to you today. Since he was travelling from GA to WI with his car he loaded up all the stuff Chuck had for us, to include the glass windows, and should be to you today.
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark came by to pick up the chop this afternoon.....

The longest journey begins with one step....... it sucks when that step is up hill.

Archie

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The longest journey begins with one step....... it sucks when that step is up hill.

Archie

I wonder what people driving next to that were thinking seeing it like that lol
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone needs to invest in a cheap winch. LOL
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like this one???

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

A Come Along would work just fine, and they are cheap
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I quit taking pics of them 'cuz I was getting tired & had to rest.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

The trailer actually has a winch on it. We just had to take some really neat pictures.......: )

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

The trailer actually has a winch on it. We just had to take some really neat pictures.......: )

LOL
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats all this talk of trailers and winches? Hey! did you guys run into my ex wife lol! on your way here don't forget to stop by the dump and let her off.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quit taking pics of them 'cuz I was getting tired & had to rest.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
26 hours from now my next 15 weeks gets really complicated! I just may be more excited than John GIgity Gigity!!!!! Can't wait to dig in!!!!!

NEED PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-02-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another hell of a week at the Rottin house. While the chop seems to be on the uphilll side of good/bad news we got some other really bad news this week. My wife's mom has been diagnosed with cancer and will start chemo on Tuesday and my father ended up in the cardiac care unit with severe chestpains and shortness of breath. Not sure what is going on with my dad but artery stints are involved. We will be traveling to them both so I may be off the grid for a few days. Please keep them in your prayers.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear, definately prayers in order.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

WOW!! I love that Look! That makes it look like there is a wing above the back window! I do not like FB but I like how that looks!!! Archie I think your onto something!

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. #689 of 1252
Time to start Working TONY!
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!
Click here for My 88 t-Top Build

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Another hell of a week at the Rottin house. While the chop seems to be on the uphilll side of good/bad news we got some other really bad news this week. My wife's mom has been diagnosed with cancer and will start chemo on Tuesday and my father ended up in the cardiac care unit with severe chestpains and shortness of breath. Not sure what is going on with my dad but artery stints are involved. We will be traveling to them both so I may be off the grid for a few days. Please keep them in your prayers.

Turn that frown up side down!!! We are all pulling for all of you, Your part of our family now!!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Archie : V-8 cradle is stripped and ready to come back your way Mark will have it.

The old Rottin(<----kinda fits its condition the last I saw it) chassi is now on its way to becoming a new refrigerator.
The savable parts are all boxed up and waiting for the new car.
The money we make off of the Carcass went towards gas, Fiberglass and Resin so we are set there for now! Man resin got expensive since the last time I picked some up. 44 bucks a gallon geez! I need at least 3 tubes of 3m 3118 panel bonding glue yet. I need to pick up some mud yet and I need to grab a few assorted things for the chopping of the new rear clip but nothing major. If anybody wants to chip in on the 3118 panel adhesive the stuff is kinda pricey. We will also need 2 tubes of 3m windshield adhesive. We will be removing the windshield so we can work on roof section for paint easier by Firefox's request.
we have a perfect condition 88 fiero front cross member with everything including bolts minus the shocks we would like to sell to buy stuff for the build It is large so pickup only make us a offer and come get it!
We may end up with a spare 88 cradle as well, John has the nice painted one here and I will be building off of that one for the car. the one in the car will be up for grabs if its good also pickup only.
We will have spare rear links and hubs as well, John has a nice coated set in a box here already. those also pickup only.
Depending how nice the super charger is on the engine that is coming, we may have one of those also for someone to make a donation to get. Pickup only.

Parts wanted:
lock set for a gt all locks.
Nice set of door handles
Nice set of door skins tan
Nice dash
Nice center council stuff
Nice Carpet
Nice seats
We have tracks
The car will be pearl white the interior so far looks like it is gong in the direction of tan stock one.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-02-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and in my best Mortal Combat voice..."It Has Begun!"
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5453 posts
Member since Oct 2007
The Three Amigos! Wait, Wait...Uhem....the Four Amigos!

Just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Four Horsemen?

...of the Alpacalips.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-03-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!

OMG MOUSE POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INterior must be torched bleached and buried under a river!!! Other than that its great!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rip it out!!!! I'll see if I can get some Dynamat and we can start fresh. I'll start the search for a dash.
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, Pm Sent

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few pics

So started to rip out the interior tonight before it got dark and here is what I found:

The drivers carpet had some mouse poop but not too bad, it could be cleaned up I think and reused if someone would like it.

The passenger carpet seemed to be the toilet of choice for the mice so I think it will be tossed.

Under the carpet all is great! just needed a bit of bleach and rinse and good to go!

All the interior chop top parts are here and nice I just need to finish them however we decide to do it.

After cleaning out the house of mouse I took bleach and cleaner and scrubbed out the front trunk , it looks nice now

Then I moved to the back of the car and blasted that as well also nice looking after all the dirt was off.

The condition of this car is awesome! I think this will be a joy to work on
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you want for the carpet? Will you ship it? I just need the driver's side.

My zip is 62052

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

What do you want for the carpet? Will you ship it? I just need the driver's side.

My zip is 62052

Let me see if I can get the mouse smell and stains out of it first then I would ask John what he wants for it if I can save it. I think it may come clean but I will not know till I try, I may do that this afternoon but for now I need to concentrate on breaking down the car so we can clean up the chassi and paint up all the sun weathered areas and get moving on the rear clip chop modifications.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all of the mice that had taken refuge in that car. You need to pull the blower motor, heater core and Evap Core. I can guarantee you that there is a nest in there and probably some dead mice.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Three Amigos! Wait, Wait...Uhem....the Four Amigos!

The tall dude would be me!

------------------

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to see progress!!

One day in and already things are happening!

SHINY!

LOOK MA I GOTS WINGS!

Does this look right? I was wondering if the arms looked bent

Both doors are on now i just need to wire them.

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice progress! Can't wait to see John get his car.

Ben
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously, you have the Lambo doors on already? Wow! More done to this car then was done in a couple days, than was done to the RotinChop in 2 years! Great work!
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you guys are fast!

After getting some sleep, I realized I may have spoken too soon on the carpet. Is that the 88 tan (beechwood)? I'm looking for the 86 saddle salt-n-pepper style.

I'm de-mousing as well

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 08-05-2013).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

av8fiero

917 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Time to see progress!!

Does this look right? I was wondering if the arms looked bent

Yes those do look correct, those scissor arms have some slight bends to them

Hey Rob awesome progress! EAA is gone, I'm going to have some time Wednesday evening to help you out. I'll give you a call

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you guys are making some great progress! At this rate we will see it at Fierorama
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a little farther tonight, the back wiring is done and I fitted the Ferrari bumper.

Was looking things over some more and I need a few silly parts that I need to get.

The hole filler from the clutch res.
A set of auto pedals
a set of power locks and wiring and linkage
Corvette tail light panel that uses c-5 lights
Sail window filler panels or Archie ones to fit the chopped gt clip
Deck lid vents GT
Battery tray
Air cleaner assembly
some sort of hear barrier fir the engine compartment, all the factory stuff is gone
trunk carpet
88 duke throttle cable
brake lines --one in engine bay is pretty bent up and fugly
gt wheel well liners front
door skins L+R with handles and the push rod for door latch
GT rockers
Paint for engine bay
Undercoating for chassi areas covered up by body and rust prone
3800 swap axles
exhaust
dynamat for interior
dew wipe screws
plastic bits from windows, the metal disk were missing in a few
lots of electrical tape, most of the harness needs a refreshing
That's it for now, I am pooped will type more tomorrow!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a brand new set of door lock solenoids still in the boxes. They are Dorman if I recall correctly. I don;t have any of the wiring or linkage, just the solenoids themselves. If you cant get the entire assembly, let me know and I will drop em in the mail.
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 complete doors you can have for the parts you need.
They have skins and all the hardware also.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG MICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK YUCK YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure I got pic the bugger moves fast!

So I got the dash out and was darn near attacked! apparently the mother did not like me sucking up the kids in the shop vac.
So I started to take more apart and the entire heater box is a nursery! including more adult field mice!!!!!!!!! I HATE MICE!!!!!!!!!!EWWWW
I would rather swim in a cow crap pond than deal with mice!!!!! I guess I have to take a lot more apart grrrr. Traps set Die mother F*&^%!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I told you! You really need to pull the blower motor and the AC Core. I guarantee you there is a nest in that duct work.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock