Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 3)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK so I got a lot off tonight. and made a discovery that confirms a few things rattling around in my head. This car at one point in it's life was t-boned as the entire right rocker and part of the a and b pillar were replaced. also prob during same accident is when it got punched in the rear too. Now I understand why the frame is twisted more. whoever fixed it never put it on a frame rack. I took a few pics:

First pic looking in the right door at floor about a inch from the pinch weld you can see were they cut in the patch

then the weld line continues up the b pillar by the lock striker on the inside of the car

B pillar base interior

the back of the repair on the back of the b pillar was pinch welded like it should be they took the time to do that right whenever it was fixed I figure it happened early in its life since I am finding GM replacement parts tags all over it

A pillar

It got dark but I tried to take a pic of the wrinkled up rear frame rails also, the bumper that was on it was a GM replacement one and in perfect shape so I set it aside for someone if they want to buy it from John.

I removed the front and back body harness for lights and the wiper motor.
I removed a ton of other stuff to tired to remember.

Far as the power windows and mirrors, I removed the doors so we can use the guts. we will need a power window with mirror switch plate I have a switches for the windows and the mirrors I think in the garage someplace. we need a glove box it looks like from the pics Archie sent.

The more I dig into this car the more I am glad we got a new Chassi, this thing is a mess. Even before its final killing by that guy this car already had a rough life it seems

This project is taking off! time for some fun pics!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta leave for work so only had time to skim through the first page. Will read the rest asap.

Johny, I'm so sorry it turned out like this after all your patience. I hope some arrangements were made for some sort of refund.

jetsnvettes2000 - I don't have a bunch of spare parts, but I'll be happy to chip in to the donation pot to help offset costs. If it wasn't mentioned here already, can you PM me your paypal email, and give me an idea of what a meaningful donation would be?

Like Rottin, I've put my trust in others to do work, and I've had some disappointments - but nothing close to this level, so I can only get close to understanding how feels, and it sucks to feel that way, so I really want to help out. Especially after the years of bamboozling we fell for.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Along the lines of positive thinking... I think I'd consider this a blessing in disguise considering how many parts of the frame have been patched, pulled, or otherwise repaired. I'd be pretty worried about what would happen structurally given the chances of another accident being what they are. A fresh build on a properly prepped skeleton is a good decision. Sucks that the car met such a fate but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Again, you guys are awesome for taking the time to finish this project. I'd be glad to call you folks some of the best in the community
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you provide a list of what you need for the build please.
Would like to help if I can.

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed LQ1 Powered
Poly all around, Koni's and Lowered
Items for sale - cradle support - 3800 tranny mounts
http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/CC_Rider/

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 07-25-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok fellas I know you are itching to send goodies but lets wait just a bit till the other car gets here so I can figure out exactly what will be needed. As of now I think the obvious stuff like Interior parts. I would say the hardest part will be finding a good dash.
What we need to do and we I mean John is tell us what color he wants the interior, once we have the details nailed down then it can be a free for all with the parts and we will keep track of what we have vs missing at that point. To answer another question, I sadly do not keep a Paypal account. A few years ago I had my identity stolen by a Paypal employee and well since then I have boycotted their service. As I do not have an account Steve (86soon3.4) does and really money wise being needed would mainly be for stuff he would mostly need like engine gaskets, mounts and whatever else is involved with installing the 3800. Body parts far as I can tell we will have a gt rear clip coming with it and a deck lid so that is covered. looking at the pic of the black car John likes I would say we need stuff shown in that pic. I would venture to guess we may need a headliner board and that's going to be awkward to ship so I will look locally in the yard. I have a few Ideas rolling around in the ol noggin for the final look but me and Mark are keeping that a surprise.
It started storming tonight so I did not get much done if anyone has questions or has any cool ideas shoot me a pm lets make some cool surprises on this car they do not expect!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need a dash???

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066730.html

Steve

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 07-25-2013).]

EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a headliner in my car at the moment t that is recovered in black khaki material. Few wrinkles but looks pretty good. I plan to go fiberglass for custom airbrushing ( done by yours truly ). My brother lives in stoughton wi...How far is that from you? Could use a reason to go see him. Let me know what all is decided.

~James
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EvilSqueezles:

I have a headliner in my car at the moment t that is recovered in black khaki material. Few wrinkles but looks pretty good. I plan to go fiberglass for custom airbrushing ( done by yours truly ). My brother lives in stoughton wi...How far is that from you? Could use a reason to go see him. Let me know what all is decided.

~James

Custom airbrush headliner hmmmmmmmmmm gives me an idea!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious if Johnny knew of the damage beforehand, or whether this is actually his chassis. Did someone check the VIN?

Bob
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We haven't thought as far as the interior yet. Trying to get the logistics in line to get the car from Archie to rob and the engine from Andrew to Rob and Steve. Once we get the car and engine in place we should be able to to start laying out what will be needed.

As for the original chassis, I had no idea it was in poor shop to begin with. Had I known I never would have embarked with the car. When we originally embarked on the Rottinchop Dean was tasked with finding a proper donor chassis near him.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the engine we will need the following:

1) good harness
2) alternator mount
3) tranny and engine mounts and brackets
4) exhaust
5) PCM programmed
6) misc water hoses
7) engine gaskets
8) reworked axle shafts to fit auto HD tranny
9) 88 duke throttle cable
10) digital cruise control and harness
11) serpentine belts
12) a.c. hoses (if he wants a.c.)
13) a good tranny? (have no clue if the one supplied is good)

I am sure I am missing something.

Please chime in...

Steve
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I would like AC...gets really hot here! The tranny was from a running driving car so I assume it is good.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob after the EAA clears out I'll be up there to help thrash on this project, I know Steve will be helping out, and there are some others who will be helping get Will's chop up to you, and it sounds like there will be a good supply of parts coming in from the great Pennocks Fiero family. Anyone else showing up to get there hands in on this project once ther new car arrives?

Come on up, the more the merrier!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yawn... I am pooped got a lot done today. I was looking at stuff we have so far and noticed the trani does not have a torque converter so we will need to find one of those as well.

Anybody that wants to stop by this weekend and help out come on over! I have lots of parts to save off the old chassi yet. I think so far I have a ton of good stuff to put on the new car.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-26-2013).]

EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can ever get mine running tip top I'd gladly come up one weekend and help out. Sounds like a fun trip.
And a favor to someone seemingly deserving as well.
~James
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EvilSqueezles:

If I can ever get mine running tip top I'd gladly come up one weekend and help out. Sounds like a fun trip.
And a favor to someone seemingly deserving as well.
~James

Maybe you could car pool up with John when he comes to help out with his car?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I said, I dont know if you found a new chassis, but I have a 87GT roller with a clear title you can have for free. But it may be too expensive shipping-wise vs what you'd be getting.

Thats it on the left
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jetts,
I have a set of decent Notchie Tail light complete housings here, y'all can have em if you need em. I have rear QTR panels too for both sides since they removed them for my scoops. Y'all can have those too if needed. Let me know. I have set of headlight doors and some headlight buckets too.

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

As I said, I dont know if you found a new chassis, but I have a 87GT roller with a clear title you can have for free. But it may be too expensive shipping-wise vs what you'd be getting.

Thats it on the left

I don't know about the chassi but I sure could use the rear sway bar off of it! We already have choptop number 19 coming to build off of. I wish yours was closer I would buy it from you just to have for a future project I am thinking of.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a 3 way adjustable sway bar. Its going on the 85 setting beside it.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats a 3 way adjustable sway bar. Its going on the 85 setting beside it.

Cool!
PFF
System Bot
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Cool!

LOL, I'm only 8.5 hours away. Maybe y'all could meet half way. I'm almost exactly halfway between both of you.

JAKE
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today this car rolled it's last inch. From now on its a hover car. I am ready for the new chassi to arrive

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow is that just camera angle, or is the back twisted that bad?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Wow is that just camera angle, or is the back twisted that bad?

Probably a little bit of both. Looks like the rain is ending so the car may shrink some more yet.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you cut the trunk out ?
I noticed that # 19 does not have one.

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 07-28-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Did you cut the trunk out ?
I noticed that # 19 does not have one.

loyd already cut the trunk but, I just happen to have a trunk section sitting on my trailer from another fiero I parted out. SO, if John wants a full trunk it is available but from what I understand with the 3800 swaps I have seen most guys cut the bottom half out and sheet metal it in to fit the exhaust better so we will see after getting that all squared away if we can even use that trunk I have.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-29-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the trunk.. the car sounds much better with a full exhaust. If you are using an 88 cradle, contact Fierobsessed for one of his wicked 3" exhausts!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... If you are using an 88 cradle, contact Fierobsessed for one of his wicked 3" exhausts!

I commented in your thread, but I've got to comment here, too.

That's one of the nicest exhausts I've ever seen.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep the trunk.. the car sounds much better with a full exhaust. If you are using an 88 cradle, contact Fierobsessed for one of his wicked 3" exhausts!

I am with Raydar...that is stunning!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-29-2013).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How Is This Going To Work With A 3800SC?

Steve

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

How Is This Going To Work With A 3800SC?

Steve

You have to use WCF headers, or headers that dump in the vicinity of the original 2.8 engine manifolds.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a torque converter for a 4T65E HD transaxle that only has a few miles on it from a V8 Impala.I'll donate it if you need it.

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

I have a torque converter for a 4T65E HD transaxle that only has a few miles on it from a V8 Impala.I'll donate it if you need it.

That sounds great! I think it just might be what the doc asked for!
Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are bringing the car up from Archie,you will probably use hwy 26 between i90 and 151.I live in Jefferson on 26,you could stop and pick it up on the way.Let me know.

Don
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

If you are bringing the car up from Archie,you will probably use hwy 26 between i90 and 151.I live in Jefferson on 26,you could stop and pick it up on the way.Let me know.

Don

I will tell Firefox, he is the one bringing up the car.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be picking up the car from Archie sometime later this week and hauling it back to New Berlin. The trip to Menasha will be Saturday. I want to break the trip in half and spend some time in the Fox Valley Saturday and running down to Rockford and then up to Menasha just wouldn't be a fun day.

Don.....we will figure something out to pick up the torque converter. I'll be running up I-43 but I'm going to try to run down there right after work one night this week. I might have to make a special trip out there to see you. Please keep an eye out here and I'll post when I'm making my run to Archie's shop.

I haven't heard from the engine guy yet about picking up the 3800 in St. Francis yet.

One step at a time!

Mark the paint guy ( and transporter )
Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just let me know.
Don
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I've been following this one for a while. Sorry about the issues and I hope you all can help redo this. The only time I will say this: "In defense of the work by the one who remains nameless", based upon his previous threads, this all looks like a buck, in which a mold would have been made. All the bodywork looks very temporary.

Anyway, please carry on. Good luck.

Bob

You may be right, After talking with Jimmy I would bet it was a buck but, It was still crap, it was off side to side and crooked. the light pockets were not symmetrical and the raised portion of the mouth varied greatly from side. From that is what I based my comments on assuming this was to be pawned as the final piece. The deck lid is scary and a good preview of what that nose would have become, Av8fiero and I spent some time with a tape measure on it and nothing lined up or was symmetrical at all.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Any word on the engine!! Getting itchy to start putting stuff together!
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock