Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 2)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bulldog85043:

Anyone else getting boxes with X's in them...?

I'm only seeing broken boxes. No pics, even when I right click and reload image.

IP: Logged
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I'm only seeing broken boxes. No pics, even when I right click and reload image.

I'm getting all the pictures... although I wish I wasn't!!!

If that worthless piece of **** ruined my car... ???
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to see it all. Plus Will giving up his car dream too. And that was FASTFIEROS fault.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeing those pics last night really pissed me off, I'm so sad to see this unfold- but glad seeing the community come together as always and keeping a positive attitude.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Odd that when I viewed this page then hit the back button for page 1, Jetsnvette's first pictures showed up. I'm having issues with other forums, so it must be my computer.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@johnyrottin PM your mailing adress....... that new rottinchop needs DIY LED marker kit ... you can also send me your markers I'll swap in LED kit and send them back FREEBEE

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-23-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting over with a different car is the way to go. Trust NOTHING Dean put his crooked hands on. This goes out to all his previous customers.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I was a little closer to help, can't believe that he's not in jail. What he did to that car is a crime.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not getting any pics to load either. IE or Firefox
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got off of the phone with Rob and I get to play a little part of getting this thing put together into something really nice. I'll be calling Archie tomorrow to arrange a pickup of the replacement vehicle and getting it up to Menasha for the guys. I saw the craigslist ad for the engine in the Milwaukee area and if that deal does work out I'll be happy to pick it up and run that up to the guys at the same time. I'm not far from St. Francis and I have room to haul it. My run up to Menasha will most likely be August 3rd for the delivery so there is a bit of time to get this all together.

Let me know!

Mark the paint guy
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

Just catching up on all this - what a shame - but I am glad to see that you are not giving in. If I can be of any help - just holler!
PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

I saw the craigslist ad for the engine in the Milwaukee area and if that deal does work out I'll be happy to pick it up and run that up to the guys at the same time. I'm not far from St. Francis and I have room to haul it. My run up to Menasha will most likely be August 3rd for the delivery so there is a bit of time to get this all together.

Let me know!

Mark the paint guy

John, did you contact the guy with the engine?

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005
JOHN!!!!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066712.html

Look at this!!!!

Steve
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch ... That was my first Fiero before it went under the knife. Makes me sick looking through the photos of what's left of it. Here is photo from the day I bought it.

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
John, here is were the roof is smashed up by him putting in what looks like a porta power and jacking the crap out of it bending the roof up and pulling it in.

Not to defend, but that roof smash was in the car when I bought it. Saw it when I pulled the headliner out. Never could figure out how that happened - but the roof panel had been removed before as well.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so a little update on the car....Did not work on it tonight After work I drove up by Steve and picked up my chop Yay it drives really well! Now for that pesky oil pressure sender tho grrr!

So looks like we have a game plan in the works for the Rottin Resurrection, now we just need to get all the bits together in one place! Tomorrow I will go out and look over the boxes of parts we have here I think for sure we will need to locate a corvette tail light panel, The one that was with this car got cut to junk and is missing parts. the lights look like c-5 lights. For the nose I was thinking we find a fiberglass stock one and then use the urethane bottom nose section from another to make that chin spoiler like on the black car above. That way if it hits a driveway the bottom flexes and does not wreck the nose.
We need to find a fox body mustang hood scoop, if anyone has one we could use it! I called a few bone yards today around here and it seems that scoop is really popular as none were to be had.

The car came with a pined out wire harness but, I am not sure how accurate it is so I am going to try and see if maybe Phonedawgz can give me a hand sorting it all out making sure its right for the 3800 sc2
I need to figure out how much interior is left in number 19 since we have nothing. After I learn that we can figure out what is needed there.
fuel pump for the 3800 will be needed and I am not sure about mounts I have a trani here and a cradle. We also will need axles the ones here are not the right axles.
We have a computer but I am not sure if it has been reprogrammed.
Extra parts we have I would like to sell so John can take that money and put towards other stuff we may need

SO far
we have a 3800 s2 block
s2 super charger
Oil pan
Lower intake
Timing cover end of engine thing ( I am not engine guy)
Push rods in a box
and valve seals
crank not sure of condition.
2 bare empty heads prob good as a planter or boat anchor.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by Malkier:

Ouch ... That was my first Fiero before it went under the knife. Makes me sick looking through the photos of what's left of it. Here is photo from the day I bought it.

Not to defend, but that roof smash was in the car when I bought it. Saw it when I pulled the headliner out. Never could figure out how that happened - but the roof panel had been removed before as well.

Looks about right, I think this car was in a pretty good rear end accident at one point in its life, after further inspection I have found the rear frame rails are wrinkled up pretty good but looks like they pulled them back to good enough, I get a nice clear view since the trunk has been cut out along with everything in the engine bay including the bat tray and all the other mounts including the decklid springs. also the gas tank is screwed up and the coolant tubes down the middle and the right side of car are crushed in places.

There are many more things I have found but really I am not wasting any more time on picking it apart. time to move on as it sits this chassi is twisted bent burnt and stripped. Getting number 19 will save tons of money and time. in the long run.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car came with a pined out wire harness but, I am not sure how accurate it is so I am going to try and see if maybe Phonedawgz

Ask Timm about my Whodeanie harness. Mine had to be completely remade.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We need to find a fox body mustang hood scoop, if anyone has one we could use it! I called a few bone yards today around here and it seems that scoop is really popular as none were to be had.

I don't know my mustangs, so I don't know the year of this one. It has been sitting around here since I got it from Driven Visions (was probably the last one made...actually made by employees after Joe's death). Has some dirt and dust, but the fiberglass is in good shape. It was designed as a bolt on, but could easily be fiberglassed on. I am willing to donate it to the project for the cost of shipping.

I also have a stack of 3800 performance parts that I plan to list in the mall tomorrow. I can't afford to donate these, but I got good deals on them and am not looking for a profit. I have a ported S2 (gen 3) supercharger (ported by Intense) with ZZP MPS system with 3.25 and 3.0 pullies...ported intake....ZZP short stack innercooler with all lines, heat exchanger and pump (already set up for a Fiero)...NIB ARP head bolts....NIB full FelPro gasket set (with second supercharger gasket for innercooler)....ported heads (bare, but includes SS valves)....all used but in great shape unless otherwise noted.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 07-24-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I don't know my mustangs, so I don't know the year of this one. It has been sitting around here since I got it from Driven Visions (was probably the last one made...actually made by employees after Joe's death). Has some dirt and dust, but the fiberglass is in good shape. It was designed as a bolt on, but could easily be fiberglassed on. I am willing to donate it to the project for the cost of shipping.
I also have a stack of 3800 performance parts that I plan to list in the mall tomorrow. I can't afford to donate these, but I got good deals on them and am not looking for a profit. I have a ported S2 (gen 3) supercharger (ported by Intense) with ZZP MPS system with 3.25 and 3.0 pullies...ported intake....ZZP short stack innercooler with all lines, heat exchanger and pump (already set up for a Fiero)...NIB ARP head bolts....NIB full FelPro gasket set (with second supercharger gasket for innercooler)....ported heads (bare, but includes SS valves)....all used but in great shape unless otherwise noted.

I will shoot you a pm that looks like the correct scoop.
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malkier:

Whodeanie should have fixed this with a few popsicle sticks and some chewing gum...

Whodeanie should have fixed that with a few popsicle sticks and some bubblegum..
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I want to say thanks to all involved for the well wishes, empathy, sympathy and volunteering time and parts and soon blood, sweat, tears, and cheers. It shows the true character of our following. The gleam is back in my sons eye. I can hear in his voice that he is as excited about this project as I am.

I want to make a special thanks go out to Rob (jetsandvettes2000) as without him this would have been a no go. I would have ended my quest, walked away, and nursed my wounded soul back to health. His "can do" attitude is a huge factor in the continuance of the build. It finally hit me when I was at his house dropping off the graciousness this guy has is second to none. While I was there it felt like a huge weight was lifted. I don't know if he saw it or would tell anyone if he did but I kind of got a bit choked up. For a guy to do what I do for a living to hit that point...that is pretty huge.

I also want to thank Archie. Now this one may seem a bit wierd but Archie fits into this equation in many ways. First, your patience and perseverance with our cars resulted in what is now the choptop. Second, your offer on Will's chop, well, I couldn'y have asked for more. i feel like we will get to fulfill my dream, my son's dream, and give Will some closure on his as well. Lloyd Roscoe stole that dream from him and I will be damned if I will allow he or he who shall not be named win!!! Arch, you are a top notch guy in my book. Thank you for all you do.

Lastly, on to the car details. I have not contacted the engine guy. Can someone copy and paste the ad details as I cannot open craigslist ads for some reason. I can call him ASAP after that. I love the idea of heading towards that black choptop and the reardecklid having stealth wingstands with that Mustang scoop. I love the looks of those scoops!!!

Thank you all for the gracious offerings on parts.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-01-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have thrown this one to BV as well...when you are right you're right. I whole heartedly reccommend any and all that have had work done at Whodeanie's Customs to inspect what has been done closely to ensure correctness. I am not saying or inferring that it was done poorly or incorrectly but judging by some examples we are now seeing I would say it is worth checking out.

BV I hope to see your car finished to your standards and to take a ride in it at some point. Kind of a silent tribute to perseverance...silent save the whining spool of a turbo charger in the background!!!
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there are a few 3.8's listed in Milwaukee CL area. do you recall what it was out of? I can paste contact info if you can narrow it down.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The link is listed on page one of this thread...
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go John.

2003 supercharged 3800 v6 with just over 87,xxx miles when pulled from running/crashed 2003 Buick Regal. I was going to use it in my car but I ended up building an engine instead. $600 Call/text 414-507-8884

Steve
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I called but got an answering machine. Message left, awaiting call back.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-24-2013).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone asked about the condition of the interior in #19. So I took some pics today.

It had power door releases, but now they're "hard wired".....

What you see is all there is.....

It has a couple of cracks in the dash.

That's my hood prop, it is not included with the car....

Loyde's exhaust system used to be in here...

The chassis is a pretty clean TX car, just a lot of sun bleaching.....

It has poly bushings in the suspension....

Has a gas tank & fill tube...

It has a lot of leaves left over from the days when it had trees growing out of it.....

Archie
bw03

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bw03Send a Private Message to bw03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

The link is listed on page one of this thread...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.../pts/3946617222.html

2003 supercharged 3800 v6 with just over 87,xxx miles when pulled from running/crashed 2003 Buick Regal. I was going to use it in my car but I ended up building an engine instead. $600 Call/text 414-507-8884
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We have a computer but I am not sure if it has been reprogrammed.

I can reprogram it for you.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dunno why but ALL of Archies posts have broken picture links for me lately, Anyone else having this problem? Peace

Pete
{

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Dunno why but ALL of Archies posts have broken picture links for me lately, Anyone else having this problem? Peace

Pete
{

Everything's OK here...viewing on a ipad
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics Archie. Strange but I don't see many cut up frame spots and surfboard foam on it. Are you sure you know what you are doing with these choptops? (heavy sarcasm...LOL)
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete

All the pics are fine here at work, on Chrome... :shrug:
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm Dunno what the problem is but EVERY post by Archie lately show broken link Icons at each picture post. I am on my old desktop with Firefox on XP..... Not having problems anywhere else really. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm Dunno what the problem is but EVERY post by Archie lately show broken link Icons at each picture post. I am on my old desktop with Firefox on XP..... Not having problems anywhere else really. Peace

Pete

His pics are hosted on V8Archie.com... you must have it blocked in some way.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent.

Nelson
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am back at it tonight taking stuff off the junker. What things should I be saving if they are there? I already grabbed the front light harness, the coolant tubes 1 is dented tho, the wiper motor, and now I am going to work on getting the doors off. I will reply to emails later I am done eating dinner time to get back at it!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like #19 didn't have power windows or door locks or mirrors. If that had it you may want to take them.

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 07-24-2013).]

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
since its and 88 take the suspension front and rear and cradle
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pleased to see that Will's car is going to a good home, there seems to be some good carma going on here with the results of one rip off going to fix another.

Joe.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock