Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 14)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey shout out to Fierofool got the package thanks!!! John pay the man!!! Oh wait you can't due to your new address. I will gather up ten bucks and send it to the address on the package! John have fun hunting Here is a little pic I modified I think fits!! Oh not John in the pic just some random bad ass Hero!

IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK guys it is time to get back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So tonight I spent the night getting all the lights to work and blinking. So far so good but now I am having a brain fart big time. I have the Norms tail light panel Euro tail light panel and in the directions he wants me to remove all the bulbs except the inner running and turn signal ones and scotch lock in a third plug. I do not like this as Jesus fasteners are nasty and I would like it to be a nice simple clean install without having extra sockets laying around in there. So, the question How do i remove the Pontiac little lights yet retain the plate light. Then remove all the sockets except the running lights/ turn signal lights. So basically i want to retain the 2057 lights 2 each side and cut out the rest How should I go about it?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Side cutters is the tool of choice here
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I have thought about this and I want the tail light wiring in the fiero to act like the tail light wiring in a c3 Corvette This should be fun to figure out. I basically want the outer bulb to blink be a running light and get brighter when I step on the brake just like a Corvette. the inner light I want as the backup just like a corvette. Now, how to do this?? someone here has to have done this already can anyone save me some thinking?

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 04-13-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured it out, I need to wire it like a boat trailer with a converter. This will give the lights all the functions I want them to have with still retaining the backup lights. I just need to get the harness made up and replace the 2 outboard lenses with solid red ones then everything will be 100 percent legal. BEst part is it wil look and function just like a c3 Corvette

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 04-14-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet just got a PM saying we will be getting a custom made tail light harness made and donated! One step closer John to having your car finally!! Big thanks to Snapperhead Preformance!!

Edit adding his info here so I can find it easy!

Snapperhead Performance
3148 Plainfield Ave NE
Grand Rapids, Mi 49525
616-209-8217

Buy stuff from this fella for being a awesome member of the team!! Welcome aboard!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 04-16-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Got some work done tonight, I worked on the door hinge a bit as the lambo hinges rub on the fender inside a bit so I tweaked that a bit then I worked on fixing some cracks in the nose. I think when it shipped they flexed it a bit too much so I dig out the bad spots and redid them a bit so they are stronger. I am starting to fine tune stuff and get ready for primer I want to get it in primer by the end of may if the weather gives me the time I need to finish up the body.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 04-16-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well too tired to do sanding tonight and was so nice out I decided to do more interior parts tonight. I still am not showing it till it is done but here is a sneak peak at one part wrapped in leatheret. Hmmmm looks good to me! Pain in the butt to do tho so glad these parts are done. Just 2 more parts to go and the interior parts for the most part are done except the door panels. Far as Door panels I am modifying them a bit I want to add speakers to them since the back speakers are not good.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's about some pics and an update Rob man???
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

How's about some pics and an update Rob man???

LOL ok They will mess with ya tho! Well soon as it warms up a bit it's only 50 out BRRRRRRRRR I am staying under this blanket till the sun comes out!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-10-2015).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
111 is our lowest this week here. I should send some sun your way!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the color choice is...........................................

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok John here is the update pic you wanted

Got the lock set thanks! now I can finish the door skins!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, spent the last 2 nights of free moments making a switch for the performance transmission function. I found a switch in a late 90's saturn sc2 and modified it to fit within the Fiero blank spot where the rear defrost was located. So here is how I made it. I will install it this weekend as I have to run a hot wire for the little light and another wire to ground it out as that is how it works.

At this point in the pics the switch housing was taken from the saturn and ground down to fit within the back of the fiero plate. I then transferred the hole by drilling and carefully grinding it to shape

t this point the switch itself retained the original wire clip but being it goes out the side I had to modify it as there is not enough room in the gauge pod side for it.

Then I covered the bare wires with potting resin to lock the wires on since the plug had to be removed. I then extended it a bit with some hot glue to make sure it was all sealed.

Then bonded the frame to hole the switch , also makes changing it a breeze as it retains the clip in function

Done and looks good to go!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO I could not find seat belts that look good so I decided if in a crash lets just take the driver out of the crash.

John is a Pilot after all!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um, ejecting into air with a parachute is OK, but ejecting on the ground without protection is bad.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see how ejecting onto the ground with condoms is going to save me...

I think I have a set of seatbelts at the house...grey ones.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-23-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't see how ejecting onto the ground with condoms is going to save me...

I think I have a set of seatbelts at the house...grey ones.

Protection--not latex. Helmet, goggles, knee & elbow pads...maybe a protective vest. Most importantly, no other traffic or a wall in the vicinity, though.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool John I have some here from the car we parted out but they are very soiled and doubt they will come clean. I will put them in for now so it has some and you can swap them out with the ones you have once it makes its way back home.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-23-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts arrived!!!!! Thanks to Vince at Snapperhead Performance we have a harness that fixes the tail light issue! Now it will blink where it should!! it is a very nice looking harness, all the ends are sealed really well and it has a nice nylon wire loom to protect it from rubbing! He also sent a bunch of cards and stickers to hand out so everyone who is working on this and helping out grab one!! He makes a great product!!

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been also working on making mounts for the fog lights. I have them in basic form now I just need to fine tune the shape a bit and drill bolt holes as I made them so the whole light assembly can be removed for servicing. the mount will get reshaped so it is all square and nice this is in rough form while it was being formed. it will be a nice square mount with a angled brace in the middle for added support once the shape is fine tuned with the cut off wheel and and paper.

eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

And the color choice is...........................................

Your gonna love the storm titanium, lotus does a very good job with it colors, having flake and depth without having it be too much.

I personally have a store titanium elise and the color is awesome!

Chris

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eph_kay:

Your gonna love the storm titanium, lotus does a very good job with it colors, having flake and depth without having it be too much.

I personally have a store titanium elise and the color is awesome!

Chris

Cool had one parked here for a bunch of time while I converted the headlights to hid. My buddy owns it looks just like the pic above it is a great color but what a pain in the ass to change the oil!!!!!!!!! That bottom pan sucks to remove! They should have put a access door in it!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
OK so now that all the flash is cut off the mounts I made here is how it will sit.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't seem to post any pics but here is a link to the rims we are thinking. I have no idea how to get the proper size rims and tires so this will be a complete learning experience for me.

http://www.carid.com/touren...achined-1399772.html
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the same bumper, and love the way you designed the mounts for the fog lights. I will be borrowing your way of doing it when I put the lights in mine.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-28-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I have the same bumper, and love the way you designed the mounts for the fog lights. I will be borrowing your way of doing it when I put the lights in mine.

If I remember right the lights came from a dodge ram pickup front bumper. Or it was from a Grand am I had these siting on the shelf for years so the memory is a bit fuzzy where they came from. They are modified form original to remove the original mounting holes and other bits to make the part that sits on the fiberglass mount flat.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that color. When will it be done?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

I like that color. When will it be done?

Shooting for early august The fabrication of stuff is almost done and final sanding of the body before fill primer is underway.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to figure out what to take pics of that are relevant! I have been just doing sanding not much looks all that different except just sanded. all I have left to sand is the left rocker scoop, the rockers, the rear bumper, do a little mud work to the right rocker scoop as it has air pockets in the gel coat and a bunch of mud work to the engine scoop as it is wavy as a flag. other than that almost ready for primer if it would ever stop raining!!!! then there will be a ton of pics!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
John do you want the black trim painted car color or do you want to keep it black? I am digging all that stuff out this week and getting it all in order so I know whats here and whats missing. Oh add re-sand door panels to the post above this one. I added more fiberglass to the back side of them after looking at them I just thought a little more would be a good idea at the back in case a shirt gets snagged on the it anyplace. Also I have a 84 right power mirror I grabbed from bone yard thinking it would work for guts but they are different inside than the newer ones so I cant transfer its guts ( it has big dent) Do you have a right one laying around anyplace? and body color or black? Me i would go black with them.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-22-2015).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the trim and mirrors I would like to make them all body color.I don't think I have any power mirror set ups but if you can get one I will pay for it.

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

John do you want the black trim painted car color or do you want to keep it black? I am digging all that stuff out this week and getting it all in order so I know whats here and whats missing. Oh add re-sand door panels to the post above this one. I added more fiberglass to the back side of them after looking at them I just thought a little more would be a good idea at the back in case a shirt gets snagged on the it anyplace. Also I have a 84 right power mirror I grabbed from bone yard thinking it would work for guts but they are different inside than the newer ones so I cant transfer its guts ( it has big dent) Do you have a right one laying around anyplace? and body color or black? Me i would go black with them.

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious what you guys ended up doing with the exhaust cut outs that weren't used? I'm kind in the same boat there, I don't know what do do with them for my project. Considered mesh, just leaving them open or filling the area.

Nice work Jets, and nice car Johnny.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone do the reverse rain dance for the next 4 days!!!!! Seriously I think we have had like 3 good days in the past 5 weeks! I am thinking if everything goes well this weekend I hope to have most if not all the parts in high build primer. Some of the parts are being a major pain in the ass as the gel coat is super thin and full of massive air pockets. I want it to be right so I am digging out all the bad spots and filling them but it is killing my time frame I set. Have a good holiday!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And........I would call it 90 percent ready for primer! I finished fixing bad gel coat on the door skins, the Rockers scoops, and front bumper today. Man I am really ticked off about the 600 frigin air pockets I have had to fill Ugh oh well they are fixed now unless more pop out. Tomorrow morning depending on family events I will be scuffing up the rear bumper and the finally sanding the rockers. I am hoping to have it primed soon! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel Now stop turning it off on me!!! not funny!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright Rob...you have to post some pics when you get to that point. it will be the first time the car has been in all one color!!! Maybe you can put your rims on her on one side so we can make some rim size decisions.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alright Rob...you have to post some pics when you get to that point. it will be the first time the car has been in all one color!!! Maybe you can put your rims on her on one side so we can make some rim size decisions.

Shooting for tomorrow bud, I think I will get a least some of the parts in primer if not all. I have a gallon and a half so I should have plenty if the weather lets me it is going to happen. I tend to have this tradition of making milestones on projects during the 4th weekend I want to keep that tradition going.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO about those pesky 4th weekend milestones.......................

Dash wiring modified for the trani switch

Body parts ready to prime

Hood ready to prime

Nose ready for primer

Rear clip In high build Fill Primer

Rocker scoops left and right In high build fill primer

Nose in high build fill primer

Front fenders in high build fill primer.

I need to primer the roof, hood, back bumper, door skins and engine lid yet. Got too windy and was afraid id over spray the neighborhood so had to stop for the day. These were the biggest concern parts for me tho besides the door skins. There is a ton of pin holes in the gel coat I need to deal with but with the build primer on now it is a lot easier to see and fix before I sand it all down to its final state before paint. Happy Independence day A day late! Was kinda busy with family to post yesterday but here ya go!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-05-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh hey almost forgot to write here, I left the antenna hole in it. I think the stock one is the way to go if you want to get long range signal. I can still fill it but for now left it in.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock