Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 13)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exhaust is now welded. (this is the tack welded picture)

Steve
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm looks cool I wonder what it will sound like hmmmm..................Oh I think I got it!! I bet it sounds like this :

or this

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-12-2014).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might even sound like this...the whistle goes wooh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

It might even sound like this...the whistle goes wooh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

I do not know what was more stupid, the people in the vid or the muffler! wow is all I can say.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interior is coming along, just finished the side panels and the headliner. Looks great but.... no peaking!! I have to do the trim yet above the windows and below the doors. I also have to figure out something with the glove box as it is not nice. I also need to figure out the shift plate as I need one for a automatic. Color and year does not mater as I am having something done to them. I also may need the surround bit that goes under the shift plate. This one is separating bad not sure if I can fix it yet. Color does not matter as it is getting changed too.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some more work today. Rob came up and welded in the trunk floor supports/braces.

I removed the cradle w/engine and transmission.
Installed the wire harness, ran the expansion tank lines, fuel lines and the heat barrier.

enjoy

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, cause sh-t eating grins are abound tonight!! Guess what makes its own noise!! Vid on Facebook under the club page.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And for the moment you all have been waiting for........................................

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-06-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Is that the Fiero Fiberglass F360 rear bumper?
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work guys!
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It Lives! ! ! ! Wow, great work! Even without the tune, it sounds FANTASTIC!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Is that the Fiero Fiberglass F360 rear bumper?

yup!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

It Lives! ! ! ! Wow, great work! Even without the tune, it sounds FANTASTIC!

It has a tune...A Mail order one but a tune none the less.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

It has a tune...A Mail order one but a tune none the less.

LOL a few things changed I guess so it needs a little tweak nothing serious tho. Great work on your end!!!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL a few things changed I guess so it needs a little tweak nothing serious tho. Great work on your end!!!

U can Send it back for any tweaks necessary.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Fiero Fiberglass bumper looks amazing! With the location you put the exhaust (GREAT choice by the way) the open areas look a little off where the exhaust would normally go. I was thinking maybe put some of the same grate material as used on the side scoops. This would help make the tires not so visible through the holes, and look similar to the grates you see on Lambo's and such on the rear.

I am NOT trying to nitpick, and know you have a lot of work to do, but offering an idea for down the road is all.

I have been watching this build unfold since Johnny proudly showed me his car, and described everything he had planned for it. At that time it was wedged in a corner and neglected in a shop in Georgia. It is SO nice to see it all start to come to completion! Great work, and so many kudos to you guys for stepping up to help make a very very wrong, into a very very right!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having a little bit of an issue. The oil pressure on the gauge pod in the car reads real low...so low the red light illuminates at idle when hot.
However...I installed a manual oil pressure gauge it reads 50 -60 psi.

Could the gauge on the dash be a problem? Please note there was no interior harness in
the car when we got the car. All the other gauges work as they should.

Steve

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The oil pressure sensor on the 2.8 is prone to problem, as air and water get in a little hole in the sensor and cause the gauge to give false readings...

Normally, the result is opposite, as the 3800 puts out like 80 PSI oil pressure. This usually almost pegs the Fiero gauge. I know nothing about the sensor on the 3800, but does it put out the correct signal to work with a stock Fiero gauge? I thought I had heard people using a Fiero 88 oil sender in the 3800's if I recall....

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-15-2014).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using an 88 Fiero oil pressure sender. When I turn the key to the on position the needle on the gauge goes up to zero. When I start it it goes just over the red.
If I unplug the harness from the sender and turn the key on it pegs the needle to over 80. I install a 47 ohm resistor on the tan wire at the o.p. sender it stays pegged.
I thought it should show about half on the gage on the dash???

I also noticed the cooling fan comes on all the time.

any ideas?

Steve

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The oil pressure sensor on the 2.8 is prone to problem, as air and water get in a little hole in the sensor and cause the gauge to give false readings...

Normally, the result is opposite, as the 3800 puts out like 80 PSI oil pressure. This usually almost pegs the Fiero gauge. I know nothing about the sensor on the 3800, but does it put out the correct signal to work with a stock Fiero gauge? I thought I had heard people using a Fiero 88 oil sender in the 3800's if I recall....

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Rottinchop is heading back to Menasha on Saturday for the remaining body work and paint prep.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the chop is back here! It is time I get those much needed parts!!!! Anyone have the rear deck lid lock gut parts? and a automatic shift plate?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted up an ad for the lock parts. Did we find anything up at Don Kraus's place?
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one showed up at my place.I have the aux gauges and maybe other stuff you can use.It's all free for you guys.
Don
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

No one showed up at my place.I have the aux gauges and maybe other stuff you can use.It's all free for you guys.
Don

Hi Don, good to see you still posting on here. I have put around 600 miles on your LSx, loving it every time I drive it.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't picked up any tickets yet have you?That car gets to 100 MPH so fast you don't realize it.I'm glad it went to a good home and you are enjoying it.
I don't think a lot of people on here know you purchased The IMSA LSX 427 from me.You sure have a one of a kind Fiero and Hot Rod.
Don
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need some pictures of the Rottinchop so we can have some Photoshop gurus color it up!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add 100 bucks to the project piggy bank, I sold the old side scoops that came off the formula body from Archie today! . That should cover some more stuff I need to get to finish the interior! TIme is running out on me for being able to do body work so shifting the work towards detail work on what is done and getting it ready for the 5 month sleep again. I hope to have a few more things done but man we already had Snow flurries Friday night! Old man winter is coming way too soon this year!!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up the lexan to make the sail windows. $40 bucks left in the pot as result the crap is expensive!! I hope I make them right first time around!! I think i am done with fiberglass for the year as it seems winter has arrived way early!!! so I will continue with making parts we need and fine tuning others.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mid winter bump!!!!!! Home sick today so decided to give a update. Johns car is sleeping well under cover waiting for spring so I can get back to finishing up the fiberglass work. I have been doing a few other small things in the mean time for the interior. I scored a set of sun visors the other day but they are a bit dusty I need to figure out how to clean them. They appear that they may have been recovered by someone with some serious sewing skills so they look nicer than stock ones just a tad dirty. No grease tho so I am going to try and clean them. For shits and giggles I tried to start it figuring the battery would be dead from sitting threw the below zero temps we have been having and well it fired right up just tapping the ignition. Kinda jealous, both my Fieros had dead batteries. Comon Spring cross your fingers for it to come early not this end of May crap like last year!!!!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have those two aero rocker panel steel supports you asked about. Never got a reply from you for an address to send them. Do you still need them or did you find some, elsewhere?
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I still have those two aero rocker panel steel supports you asked about. Never got a reply from you for an address to send them. Do you still need them or did you find some, elsewhere?

Yup still need will pm info
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John! no need to send a shift plate I found a complete one today in the bone yard for 10 bucks!! Now to have it and the other trim parts dipped.

Moving on one piece at a time!

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's in good condition, it appears.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work overall looking/sounding nice.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 07-02-2015).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a moment and some internet access so jumped on. Life is pretty tough right now guys. Too many moving pieces and too much sand. Rob that is awesome. As we get closer to spring and paint I need to get you guys some clams. Looks good. I will send you the bits I have when I return or just hand carry them up to you. I may even be able to contact home and have them sent up.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Rob, I have those metal door sill rocker supports boxed up, but I see in the video that you already have rockers on the car. Did you already find some or do you still need them?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hey, Rob, I have those metal door sill rocker supports boxed up, but I see in the video that you already have rockers on the car. Did you already find some or do you still need them?

Those are temp mounted so I could figure out some things John wants to modify The metal braces are still missing underneath Did we figure out how much to ship them yet?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Had a moment and some internet access so jumped on. Life is pretty tough right now guys. Too many moving pieces and too much sand. Rob that is awesome. As we get closer to spring and paint I need to get you guys some clams. Looks good. I will send you the bits I have when I return or just hand carry them up to you. I may even be able to contact home and have them sent up.

I figured you are on the quest, Too bad We did not get to chat before you left. Watts line where you are? I see you sold Dave the choptop!! Awe man I thought for sure it would be the Indy to go. You better keep the Mera or I am going to kick your butt when I see ya!! Put on your bacon flavored cologne and keep it below the deck! see ya in a few months!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those are temp mounted so I could figure out some things John wants to modify The metal braces are still missing underneath Did we figure out how much to ship them yet?

I'll try to get them down to the post office today or tomorrow.

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock