Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 10)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could use some splash guards and the guy you got the car from is looking for some also. A package deal to Grand Rapids, Michigan?
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I could use some splash guards and the guy you got the car from is looking for some also. A package deal to Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Witch ones? I may have a few sets here we do not need. I am trying to not send anyone stuff till I am done for the year tho, Everything I have been shipping has been out of my pocket and well can only do a little at a time. Next thing I need to send out is those brake brackets.
nutherproject68

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not too interested in the splash guards. My GT isn't worth it anymore. I'm just doing the bare minimum to make it last a few more years. I'm glad the car finally got to you. I hope you can use a lot off of it and sell the rest to recover the cost. It's nice that the car came to me and passed on to you guys instead of going to the scrap heap like the guy was planning.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nutherproject68:

I'm not too interested in the splash guards. My GT isn't worth it anymore. I'm just doing the bare minimum to make it last a few more years. I'm glad the car finally got to you. I hope you can use a lot off of it and sell the rest to recover the cost. It's nice that the car came to me and passed on to you guys instead of going to the scrap heap like the guy was planning.

When I get over that way some day I will buy ya a beer!
nutherproject68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

When I get over that way some day I will buy ya a beer!

Sounds good to me! I'd love to meet all you guys in person.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey.....that's a really nice trailer!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Hey.....that's a really nice trailer!

Looks like Archie gets a free plug on the pic too lol!!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

The antennea hidden under the RF fender seems the most cost effective and will keep the clean lines of all that beautiful bodywork you are doing unblemished.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-071929.html

Think we should head that way?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I bought my car PO had done the same. Really bad reception. Local stations were weak only 10 miles away. I have since remounted it where it originally was and what a difference.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have mine under the fender and the reception is also bad.

Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay...bad reception on the "in fender" option. How about this shark fin antenea? Seems incredibly reasonable on the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Black...Aerial/dp/B00CAMCDL0

There are also amplified antennea:

http://www.amazon.com/Metra.../ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1

And this one is a little different shape:

http://www.amazon.com/Kenso...6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_4

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-22-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the last one in white!

I did a bit of work tonight on the parts car, I almost have the dash out and a bunch of other stuff. we will need to get some good cleaning chemicals for the door panels and carpet so suggestions??? other than being dirty they seems to be in good shape.

Anyone consider the old antennas in the windshield?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't I see where somebody ran dual stock antennas buried under the fenders a couple years back?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Didn't I see where somebody ran dual stock antennas buried under the fenders a couple years back?

I believe that is Skitime's old car that has the dual antennas under the fenders.

As far as reception, I have no reception problems with my antenna under the fender. I left the base, bent the antenna and then secured it to the frame. Haven't had clarity or static issues since the modification. Maybe my TA vents help with radio waves...lol
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Electric antenna?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about above the head liner were the sun roof would have been?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jamie down in Florida had one attached to the roof but on the small rear clip area. His was a hard top but it would be right behind where a sunroof handle would be.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Jamie down in Florida had one attached to the roof but on the small rear clip area. His was a hard top but it would be right behind where a sunroof handle would be.

Got pics? I am not envisioning this? I think, and I don't do it often I can probably hide it in one of the hips possible in the c pillar if we get a extension for the antenna wire. plus doing it that way allows the rear clip to be unplugged from the extender and be more serviceable if the rear clip would ever have to come back off for any reason.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any pictures but the sharkfin antennae sits right behind the sunroof on the roof of the car. It attaches not to the front roof piece but to the rear clip top roof piece right behind the sunroof.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just cut off the triangle base and shove the antenna up the A-pillar on the passenger side. I have done this with both my GT and my Coupe with no issues.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I have two under body antennas. With one, the reception seemed to be directional. I would get better reception in one direction but would get worse as I turned, SO I put two antennas in. One under each fender. Before I got a splitter for them I did the LS4 swap and now use the 06 Monte Carlo radio. I do not use the antennas any more so I don't know if the two are better than one?

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Witch ones? I may have a few sets here we do not need. I am trying to not send anyone stuff till I am done for the year tho, Everything I have been shipping has been out of my pocket and well can only do a little at a time. Next thing I need to send out is those brake brackets.

Ok thanks. I need to get them installed before snow flies. So I'll keep looking. Yes I drive my Fiero in the winter. Did the first one for 12 years until a BMW made a bad left hand turn in busy traffic into my lane. Poor new BMW had Red paint all over the front bumper. BMW was silver and the red looked like lip stick all over the front. LOL!
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the stock antennae shoved into the A pillar on my wife's 84. Works okay in town but out in the sticks and in my parking garage the signal gets a lot weaker.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're putting the antenna anywhere near the metal frame, slide a piece of plastic or rubber tubing over it to insulate it from the metal. This includes the tip. The metal bracket at the bottom still needs to be connected to the frame.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

If you're putting the antenna anywhere near the metal frame, slide a piece of plastic or rubber tubing over it to insulate it from the metal. This includes the tip. The metal bracket at the bottom still needs to be connected to the frame.

I bet that is why it didnt work in my car. P.O. didnt do that.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob and I discussed it. We are going to go with a boosted sharkfin radio antennae. Should work better with the lines he is planning for the car.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey we may need a canoe sent up here!!! been raining for like 3 days straight!!!!! The parts car is almost apart then its time to pack stuff up for the winter Wisconsin sucks for fiberglassing!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm calling the coast guard!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh my fiero really let me down today, I was almost stranded in Fond Du Lac!! not good!!!! It did not want to start and seemed to be out of power. I got it to fire eventually but right away something was wrong, it had no power and when I stepped on gas it just bogged down. What a nerve wracking drive its like 40 miles and as the drive went on it got worse and worse. I limped it to storage and parked it Damn thing I give up on it for the year. on a brighter note the parts car is stripped of anything useful and now has a date with the scrap yard. I will have to probably cut it up since we have no title tho so everyone get over here with a saws all and lots of beer! oh and a camera for later in the day when the beer kicks in!!
nutherproject68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have pics of the parts car? I'd like to know how bad the body really was.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can take pics tomorrow otherwise I sent one to John maybe if he is on tonight he can post it I cant from my phone
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the frame pic:

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look bad from this angle, but it was a Michigan car and I think nutherproject68 aid it sat for awhile. How is the rear frames? Looks like it might STILL have some good parts on it, like a rack, front crossmember etc.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-03-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
typical up north Fiero, the rear is rotted bad don't let it fool ya any shape in the frame rails is paint lol if I wink at it the thing will turn to dust! The cradle is shot and caving in on itself and the rack is not worth saving, it is corroded badly and falling apart.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something to watch.. Glad to see your project is moving again.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was out goofing off with the build a bit today. Basically sealing it all up and getting it ready for the long sleep. Moved it over and got it all cozy next to the Corvette and got a tarp on it. I am going to put more covering on it when i get some bungee cords. I think I am going to use my 30 by 20 tarp and roll it onto it and then give it the ol burrito wrap for the winter. Over the winter months we will be shifting work to interior stuff and the engine.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uummmm....yes....I'll order the rottin burrito. Is it fresh?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!!!!! Damn it's cold up here!!!! John light that afterburner and warm up this party!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a 20 degree night...not too much better down here!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump and update, In my build savings account for the car is $50 bucks Steve has rest for engine portion I am sure he will post budget update as well so everyone sees were the money goes for this build. I will be using most of it soon here on the headliner fabric and glue.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock