Fiero repair shops near Va beach by Wannafiero
Started on: 07-11-2013 09:18 PM
Replies: 6 (284 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 07-13-2013 10:28 PM
Wannafiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WannafieroSend a Private Message to WannafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know a good repair shop that specializes in fieros in the Va beach area?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think there are any shops that "specialize" in Fieros in the area. Most of us do our own repair work for the most part. You can join the local club at http://vafieros.com/ and ask for help on our mailing list. There are several members on the South side to connect with. If you've already joined the club via that site, then we'll get you added to the mailing list soon.

If you're looking for someone to do a larger project such as body work or an engine swap though, Oultaws Rod & Custom in Norfolk is definitely a great shop. They've been working on an LS376 swap for a member for a while, and I think it is almost 100% done now, if it isn't already.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness. What are you looking to have done? You can do just about any/all maint on the engine, suspension, brakes yourself. But, as you may have found out, most shops these days plug in a computer, find out whats wrong, order the part and then install it. They can't figure out **** unless the computer tells them whats wrong. Your Fiero is about as close to "basic" as it gets. If you want to give it a try, post some questions in the Tech/Questions section, or do quick search to see if the problem has already been discussed.

As Rodney pointed out, if you want to hangout with some local Fiero guys, check us out. http://vafieros.com/

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
3800 build thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 07-12-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No specialty shops, just specialty forum members. I'm in Virginia Beach, I'm not as knowledgeable as most guys, but I have done a lot of stuff. Axles, ball joints, clutch, starters. There's not much on a Fiero you can't do yourself. AlanD, here on the forum, lives around the corner from me. If he doesn't know how to fix something on a Fiero, then it can't be fixed. What are you looking at getting done?

Jim
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had good results with American Pride on route 17 in Grafton - they're honest and do good work.

Jim
Wannafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WannafieroSend a Private Message to WannafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. I am currently looking to for my first fiero. I am not that mechanically inclined, but wanted to try to do some of the repairs myself, and get the experience. I wanted to make sure there were repairs shops in my area once I finally get a fiero if I get in over my head with a repair.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you have 3 options in our area on Craigslist. 1 reasonably priced, and 2 very expensive ones, so I guess that really means only one option. If you were willing to travel, there are several more options within driving distance.

http://norfolk.craigslist.o...pe=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 07-13-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock