87 GT Fastback - Build thread by KOS
Started on: 03-20-2013 09:47 AM
Replies: 198 (8113 views)
Last post by: KOS on 04-28-2017 10:19 AM
Doober

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good The cylinder next to the lighter socket you were referring to is the socket for the light bulb.
IP: Logged
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I ended up figuring it out. And that gives me an extra bulb to play with in the interior so I am pretty happy about that!

------------------
Dan

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash is nearly complete got the trim piece added and just waiting for the sides to glue up. I can not take a pic inside the house to save my life. Anyways here is where it is at now. Still deciding on what to do with the badges.

------------------
Dan

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Couple more bad pics...

------------------
Dan

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa Mike just showed up for Christmas in may with my new (to me) series II 3800sc L67

------------------
Dan

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash is looking good Dan.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mike

I hope to make some head way on the interior this week with some more parts showing up tomorrow. I will keep you updated and have you over for a sneak peak.

------------------
Dan

Chris_86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

Anyone know the best method to clean these copper connections? THey look to be a little green...

Fine household steel wool works fine for me, also very good for chrome (pic for reference).
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris...easy enough.

------------------
Dan

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just wanted to update this thread with a link to another thread I had about the engine mods and needs.

here is the link

I will update this thread once I get it all figured out..

------------------
Dan

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
another step closer. got the headliner done last night. And of course another infamous bad pic to show the work...

hope to get the door panels recovered tomorrow night, then I can start to fit some of parts back in while I work on the console build...

------------------
Dan

PFF
System Bot
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just laid in the sunshade with diamond stitching

Here are the doors. Still waiting for the armrests from russ but they have the matching diamond stitch. I am still considering covering the top half with a leather vinyl...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Weird the headliner and cover are the same material as the door even though the color looks off

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more stuff should show up on monday!!

These look yellow but match up to the tan suede that I used with the rest of the interior.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interior looks great, can't wait to see it back in the car!
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too! Got most of the stereo in last night and put the dash back in. Too dark to get a good pic though, I will try to get one today.

There are a couple odds n ends I need to do but more of the interior will start going in this week. But the big thing is the console, need to build that next. Getting close now!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Oh well the other big thing is the seats still need to be recovered. That is about a month away still.

And of course my battery died last night after a month of sitting and not really running it enough...need to charge it or get a new one. Last straw was last night hooking up the stereo I guess and playing with it.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Went and took a pic. Again not the best but it is a start

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Les see pics of the headliner installed! lol
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See if these are a little better

Need to figure out how to put the sunshade in properly....

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slowly starting to put it back together. Go the doors on. While I like the painted uppers I think I rather have them covered in black vinyl

This last shot I can really start seeing it come together and how it will really look. Once the seats and dash are done I think I will be pretty happy with it.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! I would have to dye the seat belts though if it were mine but don't mean to add anything else to your To Do List lol
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I noticed that too. Need to get some dye and give it a shot.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 05-22-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it doesn't work I believe the Fiero store sells new ones in different color combinations but they are kind of pricy.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a good back up option if the dye doesnt turn out well. But I am trying to save money for the swap now, so I will go the dye route first. Well minus a few small things I need to buy for the interior still.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to start the center console tomorrow but tonight was a seat night..getting ready for their new skin

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What material will the seats be wrapped in?
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing black suede with suede tan center parts and faux black leather on the sides probaby due to the metal parts that attach to the chair. Going out today to get the rest of the stuff needed to complete and start!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 06-09-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are the seats coming along??
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting close. Top section of the first seat should be done tonight or tomorrow

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had a commercial sewing machine, but here is my mom sewing away on my seats!

And here is the first top completed

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well we got the first seat done. Looks really good IMO. However I found out that my seat is missing a spacer and looks to have got a bit bent at some point. But other than that I think my mom did a fantastic job on the seat for the first time ever doing it and fighting with a home machine...would have been a bit easier with a commercial grade machine.

Pictures dont do them justice. It looks like it came that way from the factory.

also started mocking up my waterfall center console

after the initial test fit I took it out and redid the form and started to fiberglass the top section. Forgot to take pics of that part.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
slow progress but got the passenger seat top done now. Also picked up a new glove box from TXGOOD...going to see how that looks inside instead of just the flat panel I had in there before. Need to cover it myself however with matching material. I have half of the speaker tube glassed together as well. Just need to do the other side so I can mount my speakers and then cover it in fabric. Hope to start sanding the fiberglass on the center console this week as well so i can start cutting out the holes to fit everything in there. Pics still to follow on that.

on to the pic

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 07-02-2013).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the 2nd top put on the frame last night. Now just the seat and I can check that off the list.

and Yes my wife will be real happy when this is all done and she can have the kitchen table back!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

rice.1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice interior. everything looks great. Really can't wait to see your dash with the tablet integrated.

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rice.1:

Very nice interior. everything looks great. Really can't wait to see your dash with the tablet integrated.

thanks! and you're not the only one! I am in the process right now of trying to find the right part to use as a flip open door for it. I will have the head unit hidden behind that door so I can still utilize the radio and also use the Bluetooth for hands free. As well as it is an easier way to hook it all up to the amp etc, which is already wired in.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more progress tonight. Got the sub tube glassed up. Just need to sand, wrap it in suede and mount the speakers now. Also got the back side of the new cemter console glassed in. Final fill amd sand on that. Then cut the holes mount the accessories and wrap it

And the seats are finally done. One pic with the flash and the other without. Camt wait to get them in. Although we noticed my drivers seat is different from the passenger. Not sure why or if the po swapped them at some point but you can see how the bottom of the seat is abit different. Any ideas if it was just from a different year or maybe he just swapped out the top on it...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 07-07-2013).]

bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work on the seats! I'm very interested to see how the waterfall center console turns out. Keep up the good work!

Brian
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

Great work on the seats! I'm very interested to see how the waterfall center console turns out. Keep up the good work!

Brian

Thanks. Last parts for the console should arrive today. Hope to get most of it done this weekend.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking really good man. I like the heatshield sound deadener you installed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock