Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. by batousai666
Started on: 01-19-2013 07:49 PM
Replies: 388 (9070 views)
Last post by: Larryinkc on 07-18-2014 05:19 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't worry about that little bit, especially as cold as it was.
IP: Logged
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I wouldn't worry about that little bit, especially as cold as it was.

RIGHT ON!!!
thats what i wanted to hear!!!
Thanks Joe.....as always when it finally gets warm and my INS kicks in on the 10th of April i will bust on out for a good going over.
keep in touch when a good Weekend date is available
i hope to get back to work this week so the money flow willl be a GO!!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bat I just found out that HT MotorSports sold to the company I told you about that is in Grand Rapids on the Northwest side on 3 mile rd. Wow we have ZZP in West Michigan and now the former Held MotorSports! Kool what's next? Love to see more Fiero stuff here in West Michigan.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Held MotorSports is now AMS. Loctated here in Grand Rapids, Michigan http://arrautmotorsports.com/

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-26-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet!!
but they left out the 308!! hows they gonna get my Mera for business if they dont cater to the 308, crowd??
ha! toooo funny...... nice knowing we can buy more swag since we save on shipping costs, eh??

sooo i got my frist day back at my construction job today, which brings up a great point.
seeing as its out of town i think I had better make 2 cars available just in case something may go wrong
i just got off the phone with the INS company, AS OF NOW BLACK DYNAMITE..is legal!! *cheese*
yeeeehaw!! the back roads thru Fulton and beyond!!! pretty much a straight shot down W ave from Vicksburg to S ave with a sweet rolling 90* curve at the end from the cross street between R ave and S.
should make for a quite spirited commute
its on!! BlackDynamite's 2013 driving season starts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-26-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be careful. Say what size tires do you have? I have the rubber band tires and didnt know what pressure to run at first. I found a thread that mentioned taking the max # the tire can handle at max pressure x 4. That will probably come out in the 5000# range. Of course our cars do not weight that so guesstimate the weight. I figured about 3300# for a GT with 3800 & auto. Divided that into the max tire weight and you get a percentage. Multiply your max tire pressure by the percentage and that should be a good point to start. I found the rubber bands ride better at 32# . I have 225/45R17 front & 255/45R18 rear. Hey you got any oil leaks? I do and it is either the the oil pan or the valve covers. I think I have the other rear wheel bearing going. Got lots to do it. Front brake pads, Headliner, paint, fix ripped seats, fix parking brake, wrap exhaust, install inserts into the exhaust pipes to quite it down, work on getting the spare up front, fix the squealing headlight, fix rear wheel well, fix power door locks so they work, install antenna, new right front fender, new front end, install front lower bracket etc.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow wee...thats a pretty long list you got there.

i think all i need to do is fix my drivers side coolant pipe and switch my rear wheels cuz they have are going in the wrong "rotation" direction.

i do have a small leak....its a tiny 4 spot "Puddle" and i have to check if the places i wiped off, like the oil pan and such are showing signs again.
but i think i had a little Tranny fluid sopt also....so i have to check that too. which reminds me. maybe i should go for a "look see" drive to warm up the transmission and check the level, before i start galavantin all over thanks for the reminder.....i hope you get all that stuff fixed with no more problems......the warm 2013 season is fast approaching. the weather man says that the 50's are commin this weekend schwing!

ohhh yeah tire size i got

on all 4 corners

i think since i have a no option base coupe' i am closer to 3000# with me in it
i am going to go to the rock quarry and see if they will let me take a peek at their scales .....or Schupans Metal recyclers, maybe

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-26-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What tire pressure are you running? Nice sized tires Or as I like to say NICE Rubber bands!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-03-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
batousai have you checked your supercharger oil level? I checked and just added one whole container of GM supercharger oil and it still isnt up to the threads. It took about a 1/4 extra. I am learning about these engines.
And GM supercharger oil has no smell to it as others on the forum have claimed.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

batousai have you checked your supercharger oil level? I checked and just added one whole container of GM supercharger oil and it still isnt up to the threads. I am learning a lot about sellers.................

nope....but it does make quite the noise like something is rolling around. now that the temps are up i plan to dig right in.
i got some brake pads today so thats first.....i do have a bunch of smoke now. a friend says it may be from a valve gasket leaking so i have to look into that too.........thanks for the heads up on the SC fluid level. i got a haynes manual i plan to read tonight while enjoying a bit of vino
hope your car is ok. it seems your PO did not disclose enough to the point of almost being criminal. some people i guess......suck

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-29-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we need to move to Texas where we can open these babies up!
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
batousai what kind of mileage are you getting? With me driving daily out to Lowell 70% highway it seems like 20-21ish. Are you doing better?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai what kind of mileage are you getting? With me driving daily out to Lowell 70% highway it seems like 20-21ish. Are you doing better?

HA!! it dont really matter to me....but the scan gauge says with a regular foot on the gas....about what you say, 20 MPG. i am more concerned with MPH, myself
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
OH DAMN!! my next Fiero will be a turbo for sure holey crap that car is bad!!

Originally posted by batousai666:

i got no clunking or what have you....the steering it tight and very responsive. i do however have new rust issues
it totally sucks that you have a check engine light sooo soon after purchase too.

nice puddle while at best Buy for an hour so so.......boooooooooo!!
stupid coolant pipe brackets all rusted and in turn i got pin holes.
typical Fiero design flaw. at least its on the same side as the crush........

I also got a temp fix for my pin hole coolant leak

also it seems one cannot just go to the parts store a get supercharger oil?? only from the dealer??
oh well, i went to Campbells Auto and found this out the hard way.
well a customer in line heard my dilema and just happened to have a son with a 3/4 full bottle he dont need anymore.
i gave him my number and i got a call saying he left it his truck bumper for me free of charge sweet!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-30-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You did very well! You can also get it from ZZP! The bottle I just bought and installed did not have an odor, yet on the forum everyone says it stinks. ??
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The bottle I just bought and installed did not have an odor, yet on the forum everyone says it stinks. ??

the bottle i got smells like oil....even the stinkier gear lube, even....warm i bet it gives off more of a smell
hot i bet it stinks to high heaven

now i am just waiting for the 50's again...so i can do what i wanted to do yesterday in the sun. My brake pads!
after all that running around to get parts and fixin that weep that turned into a straight up hole it burned up the whole day

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-31-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your bottle looks different than the one I bought. It says AC Delco on it. I purchased the oil from our parts department. I work at a GM dealership. Knowing GM they changed the bottle or product or supplier. The oil in the bottle was clear, I was expecting oil similar to ole fashion transmission oil that stinks. Back before you were born back in the middle to late 60's I had a 62 Valiant that I put a 4 speed manual transmission into and I had to use this heavy thick stinky oil.
I have to get another bottle as I still do not have the fluid to the bottom of the threads.

Well I wish you well on your car. I am going to go out and see if I can get the code for the check engine light. I found taking the plate or cover off were the cigar lighter is, that area is all busted up and the connecter is just laying there and was rewired, which is good. I have gut feeling it may be the O2 sensor.

Peace

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Batousai I was informed by Sinister Performance that MSD spark plug wires have been causing a lot of problems for owners of 3800 engines. I have those on my car and I bet that is the cause for the miss at high RPM"s and full throttle. So dont buy those wires. I have to save up some coin and buy some different wires.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I wonder what spark plugs are best for a stock 3800SC?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the heads up.....i will check what ones i have and let you know
LEEEZARD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
danno, dont forget to check the blinker fluid levels too
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

Leeezard with the 3800SC and speed it obtains the blinker fluid is different than what is used in normal Fieros. This is only available through a very few suppliers.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

cute, thats funny pal
i noticed my door handle static charge was low too

Solo i checked my wires....they are CraneCams "fire wire" get you some!!!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cute, thats funny pal
i noticed my door handle static charge was low too

Solo i checked my wires....they are CraneCams "fire wire" get you some!!!

batousai that is one brand Sinister Performance recommends.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sinister Performance recommended that I use the Crane Fire Wire 8.5 mm Reactive Core wires. Part # 255-0083
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never had a problem with AC delco wires.

Autolite AR104 plugs work best for stock 3800sc.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
typically, a good copper cored wire with noise suppression and a good sheilding will work fine. the larger the core the better capability of the spark.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I've never had a problem with AC delco wires.

Autolite AR104 plugs work best for stock 3800sc.

Thank you for the info. I am surprised that AC plugs arent good

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont forget to check the muffler bearings too
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new windshield.....INSTALLED!! its even got a full weather strip now.....the OP used clear calk.
$252 in my driveway....on a Saturday!! not a bad price to pay at all!!
SafeLite of Kalamazoo will get my next Shield.....the Jeep has needed one for years

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-07-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

batousai have you checked your supercharger oil level? I checked and just added one whole container of GM supercharger oil and it still isnt up to the threads. It took about a 1/4 extra. I am learning about these engines.

BIG THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP HERE SOLOTWO!!
i checked it today and was 3/4's a bottle low!! thankfully thats what i got in that bottle from the nice guy at the parts store.
it seems the "used" SC oil is whats stinks the most.....peeeeuuu!! but again thanks for the heads up....i did not know there was a place for the check till you mentioned it ++ for you sir!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
ohhh yeah!! who just held his own against a 60's Dodge Charger R/T ??
ohhh yeah BlackDynamite!! thats who!!

i am sooo proud of this car.....cant wait for some real challenges!!!!

now that i am working...i wonder how much they want for this??
1987 GTA TransAm.....i do love the Pontiac's afterall

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw you driving down osterhout towards portage road a little while ago. Your car sounds good.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Batousai do you find it is hard to drive it civil and not push on the "go pedal"?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Saw you driving down osterhout towards portage road a little while ago. Your car sounds good.

i thought that was you.....yeah, its getting alot of compliments in that area.
i was on my way to take them lake pictures.....Austin lake public access
i have been using the shifter to down shift........you ought to hear that!! its quite nice sounding for sure

Batousai do you find it is hard to drive it civil and not push on the "go pedal"?

yes sir yes indeed....i cant tell if "they" are taking pics of the car or my license plate
i got to watch it...around here methinks

Agent13

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Agent13Send a Private Message to Agent13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love that GTA. Does it have the digital dash?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Agent13:

Love that GTA. Does it have the digital dash?

yeah...i think it did.....it kinda reminded me of the KnightRider speedo....and i could not find how many miles were on it.
but then again i just browsed real quick. which reminds me.

*edit*
totally has the big boy engine too.
thanks for the reminder
http://www.colekrumgm.com/V...lcraft-MI/1969480483

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-08-2013).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BIG THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP HERE SOLOTWO!!
i checked it today and was 3/4's a bottle low!! thankfully thats what i got in that bottle from the nice guy at the parts store.
it seems the "used" SC oil is whats stinks the most.....peeeeuuu!! but again thanks for the heads up....i did not know there was a place for the check till you mentioned it ++ for you sir!!!!!

If it is up to the threads you have WAY too much in there. GM spec is 1 bottle from empty, "zzp money grub spec" is about 1.25 bottles.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

If it is up to the threads you have WAY too much in there. GM spec is 1 bottle from empty, "zzp money grub spec" is about 1.25 bottles.

i am at the bottom of the threads.....as per the Haynes manual that came with the car. i hope thats good?
its cool that these haynes books came with the purchase...i got one for the Fiero and one for the GrandPrix that covers the other like models.

thanks for the Tip....Dark. hope to meet you guys before that "wheelie machine" heads south.
thats a total screamer. but i see it aint got nothing on your blazer, if thats the one i saw in that new(er) vid Justin posted.....yeeeehaw!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-08-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I read some where just up to the threads.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock