Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. by batousai666
Started on: 01-19-2013 07:49 PM
Replies: 388 (9070 views)
Last post by: Larryinkc on 07-18-2014 05:19 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

buck 30
and i got that number off my ScanGauge II, cuz i only have an 85 mph speedo
and that sucker goes wild after 90

Wooo weeee thats crusin!
IP: Logged
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
madmark I like your lights
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just put them on at the end of the summer. They are the DoubleC4 headlights. They are 35 watt Bi-Zenon H-1's. I currently have them configured to have all four lights on in low and in high. With the exception of the passenger side outside one in high at all times. The reason for that is that with the Bi-Zenon and the little flap that pops up to cut-off the upper section of the light pattern, it is so sharp a cut-off that I have a hard time seeing the road signs on the edge of the road. So I tilted the outside one on the passenger side down a little and out a little and keep it in high to shine on the signs.

I am very strongly considering changing to only have the two inner ones on in low though, just so I don't attract police attention.

These lights really light up the night.

I am probably going to install the Halo LED's on this too to give it an even different look in the spring.

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 03-04-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
batousai I found this site. These people are in Grand Rapids!!!! http://arrautmotorsports.com They have brakes and suspensions for Fieros and other cars. Only a few miles from my house!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-06-2013).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

batousai I found this site. These people are in Grand Rapids!!!! http://arrautmotorsports.com They have brakes and suspensions for Fieros and other cars. Only a few miles from my house!

right on!

with ZZP and these guys here in MI will save tons on shipping costs for more goodies
thanks Solo, good lookin out!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man.....still a bit too cold. stupid KR
and it seems i need an oil pressure gauge. i have dip stick problems

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-09-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to purchase a new dipstic. They run about $10

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-09-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet added to the list as well as brake pads
i may need the reciever tube too, tho......i have to look in to that a bit more. something seems to be hanging up the one i have now but the PO said he was messing with it as evident by the grinder marks.......
thanks for the info

also i got to run the car today as it was warmer and i held my own against an Impreza.......like a big dog.
freaked the kid right out. good times

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-11-2013).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When my 3800 SC III was installed it included a brand new oil pressure sensor. About 6k miles later it developed an oil leak. And then I replaced it. Twice, because the replacements kept failing. So I went to Perry, MI to the Dune Buggy shop and found out that they are suppliers of all kinds of gauges. So I bought a 100 psi gauge for the oil pressure and installed it. Now it works fine and I don't have to worry about it. I think that the 3800 SC has a lot more pressure than the 2.8 did and the oil sending units didn't like it. Besides that when it did work it only showed up as pegged.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

When my 3800 SC III was installed it included a brand new oil pressure sensor. About 6k miles later it developed an oil leak. And then I replaced it. Twice, because the replacements kept failing. So I went to Perry, MI to the Dune Buggy shop and found out that they are suppliers of all kinds of gauges. So I bought a 100 psi gauge for the oil pressure and installed it. Now it works fine and I don't have to worry about it. I think that the 3800 SC has a lot more pressure than the 2.8 did and the oil sending units didn't like it. Besides that when it did work it only showed up as pegged.

this is my next adventure....i got no oil gague so i need one stat. the dipstick is a real pain to get out and even worse to get seated again....so i need 100% confidence in this area. i got the scan gauge II and its really good with Water temp but, i really need an oil gauge. off to the archives for some more info.

thanks Mark quite timley with this post, i must say

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-11-2013).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't remember the name of the store, but it is in Perry, MI and they ship gauges all over the world. They have a lot of them in stock too, so you could probably get what you want and bring it home with you.

I just looked it up on the Internet and it is Don's Sports in Perry, MI

www.donssport.com/

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
batousai666 I had an extremely hard time getting the oil dipstick back in once I took it out. The first time took 10 minutes. A month or so later I discovered the broken pieces from the dip stick in the tube. NOW it is easy. I have some new pads for the front coming. I have 87 front brakes w/88 rear.

Hey I replaced the rear wheel hub that was going out. Wow I didnt realize how bad it was. I was blaming the exhaust for all the noise. The car is actually some what quieter now. I can actually hear the winter tires. Bled the brakes, wow what a difference. Next I want to get the spare mounted back in the front. Trying to get around the front battery issue and get the spare mounted.

Actually starting to enjoy the car now. It is quieter, seems to run better and the brakes are working! I wished there was a thread that addressed the 3800 so that "us new owners" would have a source that we could refer to about the engine and things.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"broken pieces"......... ohhh, i will have to check into that. thanks for the heads up.

say Mark? can i just get a gauge from a junkyard GrandPrix....i hope.
some of the gauges on that site are super expensive

anyway, i got a very hot lead on a job, so i think this summer is THE summer.
get BlackDynamite looked into up at ZZP and see what they suggest as far as mods and i will also be able to fix my Mera!! oooo wonder if the black Fiero could tow the Red one hummm
thats great. a show car and a race car!
my Fiero dreams, fulfilled.

thanks for the info guys.....

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-13-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PO told me that the factory oil pressure gauge was pretty accurate with the conversion. I find it takes a few seconds after start up to register and then it goes all most all the way to the right. If I remember correctly ( I was not feeling well the night he dropped it off. Had that virus) the PO told me he put Rotella 15-40? synthetic oil in. I am going to change the oil soon and get it back to what the factory recommends- 5W-30 for a stock 3800 SC.
Ayrow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know I'll get flamed for voicing this opinion, but you should've kept the pop-up lights. Those lights look out of place with the car to me. I've never understood why people think that looks cool.
In order for those bug lights to "fit" the car, the hood needs to be contoured and shaped appropriately. The lines of the Fiero just look best with the pop-style covers.
Now it looks like your original car had sex with a Nissan Juke and that was the resulting offspring.

To each his own, but I think you'll look back some day and wish you'd kept the original doors on there and simply modified the headlights underneath.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Juke is by far the uglest car EVER!! It looks like something my 4 year old grandson would draw. So saying his car looks like a Juke is not very nice and is in poor taste. Pop up headlights are old school.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-13-2013).]

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Juke is by far the uglest car EVER!! It looks like something my 4 year old grandson would draw. So saying his car looks like a Juke is not very nice and is in poor taste. Pop up headlights are old school.

Yes, they are old school. But so is a Fiero. That didn't stop you from buying one, did it?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope!, but I would not by a Juke even though I could get a discount thru my son. It doesnt take much to make the fiero look contemporary. And it stop you either. I see you have been on Forum longer than I!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-13-2013).]

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope!, but I would not by a Juke even though I could get a discount thru my son. It doesnt take much to make the fiero look contemporary. And it stop you either. I see you have been on Forum longer than I!

Careful...You're gonna piss off some dedicated Juke owners. ;-)
Look, I didn't just pull the Juke comparison randomly out of my butt. Truth is, when people make the conversion on their Fieros to those bug headlights, the Juke is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Yuck.
You're right, the Juke is ugly. Modifying the headlights like that brings the Fiero one step closer to looking like a Juke. That's just my opinion.

I really don't care what people do to their cars. That's their business. But if you post a photo on a public forum, it's because you're looking for opinions or feedback.

That just happens to be mine. :-)

Peace.

[This message has been edited by Ayrow (edited 03-13-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I totally understand
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody to their own opinion of what is good or bad looking. I definitely do not like the looks of the Juke and I really have not seen one in person. But, it kind of reminds me of a certain Pontiac Aztec, which to me is very ugly. Just think you don't have to drive my Fiero so it shouldn't really bother you, but if it does, so what?

I like the looks and I really like the light output. I can see at night now and I don't shine in someone's eyes because this type of light is a much better design. And I do have the lids and the mechanism if there is ever a time I get tired of these lights, but I doubt it.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:
I really don't care what people do to their cars. That's their business. But if you post a photo on a public forum, it's because you're looking for opinions or feedback.

That just happens to be mine. :-)

Peace.

or in this case posting in MY thread maybe he is offering a suggestion

that Juke aint that bad.....reminds me of the New Fiat 500. i like that especally the Abarth version

anyway i cant believe i am gonna say this but i may want to convert to the glass over style like the Ferrari F-40.
if i cant get into the idea of the hood vent for the anti-pop up at speed this will be the next alternative.

i do however love the pop ups and the way they look...even on my Mera they look cool up

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-13-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey batousai have you washed the fiero with the 3800? I am finding when I was mine lately I get a miss above 3000 rpm. I think it's because the coil pack is installed under the vent and water drips on to it. So I am going to try a few things.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man i was looking all over for this thread. you bumped it to page one and i was lookin after page 3 HA!!
i have sprayed off the mud from the body, not actually washed it, but i did blast the entire engine and bay with high pressure water after dousing carb-cleaner all over to get some of the grease/gear lube that seemed to have spun all over from the install. but no i did not notice any miss. i did however hear 'Pops" coming from the engine bay till the heat dried up the moisture. aint gonna do that again.
i see that the water loves to get in there and i have had others tell me stories of Auto Washing places messing up the engines so i would not put it past it being a problem. someone mentioned hand "washing only" and to cover the vents in the lid.
i got that Mera and we get even more water back there than the OEM Fiero but i hand wash that PEROID!
let me know how it goes for you and any possible solutions you may have.

i found this in the Mall....i wonder how they sound??
i need to get my muffler away from the bottom of the trunk so i can use it and this may be the ticket
i got a half cut in the trunk so i would like to use that.

also i need one of these dogbones.....it may solve the thumpin i feel everytime i punch it. i hope!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-16-2013).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a dog bone at all and my engine never rocks. The engine and tranny are mounted on four poly truck engine mounts. There is one on each corner. It is very solid and never rocks. However, I do get some shaking at idle especially in gear. But, I can deal with that.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have a dog bone at all and my engine never rocks. The engine and tranny are mounted on four poly truck engine mounts. There is one on each corner. It is very solid and never rocks. However, I do get some shaking at idle especially in gear. But, I can deal with that.

yeah i get a major vibe in gear too......hurts my head sometimes.
if it mixes with a big truck it feels like the world is gonna rip apart. pop it in netural and it fades a bunch.
i think i just got the reg red poly engine/trans mounts.
when i punch it something "feels" like its twisting and hitting (bottoming out) on something.
since its soo cold still i have yet to peel into the rear but its comming soon, very soon

thanks for the info....Mark. cant wait to run the rails with you and Solo! good times are ahead

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-17-2013).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never suggest a dogbone style mount.. usually much easier to grab it underneath somewhere.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I never suggest a dogbone style mount.. usually much easier to grab it underneath somewhere.

you got a picture?? i need to see stuff cuz i am dumb
the PO said he has a Bone in the lower but i aint seeing it.
altho still being cold without a heated garage i aint got much time in exploration, yet.
when it is nice(er) out i tend to burn up the highway and gas
thanks DarkHorizon......i hear you were the one who sourced my engine
the PO "thinks" its a 1998 can you confirm the year?

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
damn....well i have said i have good luck not great luck.
look what i found......not sure how i missed this. must have been all the excitement
someone please tell me its not as bad as it looks like its just the floor and not the frame!!

and typical i find this tooo late. it has not affected the temp yet.
both the OEM Fiero gauge and the ScanGauge show the proper reading.
well the OEM is a tad off 20* or so....but it dont overheat or it would have.
unless the 45* outside air temps are holding it in check. hummmm crap!

i knew something had to be at issue....i aint that lucky

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm telling you, just swap that engine into the Mera......
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I'm telling you, just swap that engine into the Mera......

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking but i got to thrash the black one first.
and since i got a solid job prospect for this year i am leaning toward that.
my only problem is crashing the Mera at the track

and speaking of the Mera....i knew it was wise to buy another same year Fiero for comparison and parts
time for a bit of stare.....to compare

*EDIT*
SWEET!!! 2 steps down but 1 step up.....
since my other '87 Fiero is an SE i assumed that this Base code "E" black one was missing the oil pressure aux gauges to the right.

but, since it IS a base model, i just noticed I DO have a pressure gauge on the Tach.....DUHHHHH!! i am such a maroon
yeeehaw!! thats good enough for me peeow!

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
whoops......

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to me there are a lot of either lazy or retarded techs in the world. It is surprising at the number of bent coolant tubes. Oh and some Fiero owners are AT FAULT also for bent coolant tubes.

Here is a picture of what "the best tech" at the GM store in Ionia did to my 88.

I think you and I have a lot in common. We both purchased a 3800SC and we are now finding issues. I asked the PO of my car if it had bent coolant tubes before he brought it up & of course was told no.
Here is a picture

Can you see the kink? It's there and it is real.
Here is another angle. See the nice crease? It is just before the coolant tube goes under the body.

I have not checked the other side yet.

We need to compare notes!

Boy that Blue GT in Fl. with the turbo 3.4 is sharp. I wished the owner would have put it up for sale back in January!! Thats what I get for being so anxious to get a new Fiero!

My 88 had both side with bends/kinks but it never overheated. The gauge did get high when I was driving in the Metro Cruise, but never over heated.

On the new car - 87 GT 3800SC the temp gauge barely moves off of the peg. But summer is coming and we will see how it does then.

In looking at your pictures of the rust, I can't tell but it doesnt look like that is part of the frame. Could this be the source of your clunk or what ever it is you are feeling?

Peace

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-18-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by batousai666:

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking but i got to thrash the black one first.
and since i got a solid job prospect for this year i am leaning toward that.
my only problem is crashing the Mera at the track

and speaking of the Mera....i knew it was wise to buy another same year Fiero for comparison and parts
time for a bit of stare.....to compare

*EDIT*
SWEET!!! 2 steps down but 1 step up.....
since my other '87 Fiero is an SE i assumed that this Base code "E" black one was missing the oil pressure aux gauges to the right.

but, since it IS a base model, i just noticed I DO have a pressure gauge on the Tach.....DUHHHHH!! i am such a maroon
yeeehaw!! thats good enough for me peeow!

Batousai666 I see new brake lines on your new car, but I do not see your coolant tube like you can see on the pic of the Mera. Not sure if that is part of your frame from that angle.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah the Mera has a pin hole leak with a rubber coolant hose clamped. the tube bracket on the Mera rusted away so thats why its sagging.
the New Fiero still has the bracket (barely) so its still tucked up in the proper spot.
when comparing i see the rusted spot is thinner than the non, so i will just assune its more floor board than not.
but i have to address it all the same. thankfully i am a sheetmetal worker by trade so that helps

what you say about the noise, i was wondering about that to. what you say may be the answer to why it feels like its "twisting" under torque. Booooo!
when it gets and STAYS warm out i will look into it way more. i plan on getting a welder so its not all that bad

as to the coolant tubes....the Mera has a slight crush on the drivers side too same spot. it seems thats the problem area for most.
i got my eye on a 1986 parts car if i can get it for cheap. the first thing i will check from now on is them tubes and for rust outside of the trunk.
oh and i want the windsheild uncracked and the gold GT wheels off it.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-18-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up some new coolant tube brackets. I forget who was selling them in the mall. I was going to put them on the 88, but now I will install them on the 87 as they are in worse shape than the 88 was.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uh ohhhhh!! i bet this is not good
i took ole BD out for a quick zip.....not very tame at all. its real cold still....35* or so .
i was getting on it a bit so i hope that has something to do with it. KR ???
but this was after sitting at idle for 5-10 minutes taking pics any body got any ideas as to what causes this?
the smoke dont smell like oil or fuel so i got what coolant, maybe?? hope not thats not good at all....cracked block??
maybe a leaky gasket....i do not have puddles in the garage that i can see....sooooooooo i dont know
http://www.myspace.com/video/rid/111871614

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-24-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bat that looked blueish to me. More like oil. If you had a head gasket/coolant it would be white and it would linger longer. I had to replace the head gasket on the 88 a few years ago. White smoke.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-24-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like burning oil. Probably leaky valve stem seals.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool thanks, guys.
hopefully thats better that not. i guess i have to assume its smoking all the time but real bad under load.
thats why i did not notice before....as you can see i have it in gear to get that ton of smoke but just sitting at idle i cant see it....but its there, i guess
i plan to take it up to ZZP to have it gone thru if and when i get my job back, hopefully this week *cheese*
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock