Started on: 10-07-2012 09:20 PM
Replies: 44 (1739 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 01-22-2014 08:26 PM
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that Corson has been there for two years at least. Always wanted one and the factory car with the V8 was incredible.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I think there's a reason they don't show it with the top down. Fieros don't have a place for the top to go and it makes a big pile. The automoda top does a better job of it because it has a stowable targa section.

Very True, See if I owned this car That top would be gone and Id make it a permanent roadster maybe work some little sail into the back or something To offset the looks but there is a lot of potential with that car..
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Corson looks nose long because it is missing the 3" in the rear quarter to offset the long front nose section. The oem 512 had an additional 3" in the rear quarter area for the longitudinal engine setup. If you take a side shot of a Corson and add in the 3" in the rear, it makes a huge difference in the overall look. I also believe the Corson nose is a bit longer than oem but not much though.

$6k for a beat up Corson is still a pretty good deal since the good ones go for quite a bit more. The convertible was always a very good looking car. Randy Corson had a convertible himself and drove it regularly. A more rare find as well as I don't know for sure, but I don't think he made many of the convertibles. Most were the coupes.

If the rest of the car is in good shape and it is fiberglass repairs, $6k isn't bad. If the frame is pooched as it might be from the notes above, then you buy for the panels and find a new frame and reinforce it properly. Archie's kit works or there are also other options like Yarmouth Fiero's final design....

Cheers
Don

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 01-22-2014).]

Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do I only see one exhaust when it is stated to have a V6
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the interior, really like the dashboard!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock