Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? by urbex
Started on: 07-30-2012 05:42 PM
Replies: 397 (8322 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 05-27-2023 10:29 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OOPsie
IP: Logged
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bit of long-winded tourette's?

Wife & I are actually headed up to the Phoenix area next Friday for something else, probably staying the night. If Ted's isn't too far from where we'll be, I'll see if I can finaggle her into coming by. Downside is I doubt we'll be up there until 5:30... probably get up & leave hotel before noon, have some lunch, walk around a mall for a bit, then drive back home.

https://goo.gl/maps/2JqcrniN9Sm

That would be our drive back from Ted's, plus a mile or so.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2017 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Just a reminder for six evenings away, 23rd. Fiero night at Teds, SW corner of E. Broadway and S McClintock Dr. about 5:30. Expecting a great Sun Valley evening with a sunny high of about 85 that afternoon. Great get together weather.
I hope to see a whole flock of Fieros.
Would be great if you could get the better half to extend the northern visit - but under stand if not.
Best
KS
Wierwulf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WierwulfSend a Private Message to WierwulfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK AZ Fieros in the metro Phoenix area...Ted's is Saturday, the 23rd...about 5:30 pm. Check out the USFA-Fiero-Arizona FB page for info on the Phoenix Cruise on Central Ave. I'm trying to get a head count for Nancy to see what we need to do to get mall parking for our group on Oct 7th...from before 9am for parking until the event ends.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very reasonable showing at Ted's. Seven car were able to make the cruise-in. There were over a dozen attendees. There were new faces and a few more of the faithful. Several up coming events brought to the table, literally. Stay in touch here, on the email (azfiero@gmail.com) and www.facebook.com/groups/FAAAZ/
And there were even a few of the younger generation admiring and taking picture of the classic cars. And now an event picture.

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one interested in a Nov 5 run to Tucson to kick off Pontiac week?
Thinking I may make that the event of November as opposed to the run north toward Black Canyon City.
Going to have to decide pretty quickly.
Thoughts?

urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this thread sure took off! After selling my Formula a few years ago (and regretting it plenty afterwards), I picked up an '87 GT yesterday. Definitely going to need to do some of these events, especially those involving driving the car somewhere, lol.

Nov 5 may be a no go for me though, as I also have an annual run with the Suzuki guys that weekend....haven't decided if I'm going to make that yet, though. Samurai has been giving some issues lately..
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a while since I recall you posting URBEX. Looking like the 5th will be the November AZFiero Event. If you chose to do the Samurai thing - watch those "J" turns.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Looking like the AZ Fieros November event will be a run to Tucson in support of AZ Pontiac Week, All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017 (Tucson, AZ), November 5th, as opposed to to Black Canyon City Run – gonna miss that pie.
This is a totally FREE vehicle display and membership drive organized by the Arizona Chapter of the Pontiac-Oakland Club, International (POCI). All years, all models, any condition, including road warriors, daily drivers, original or restored, stock or custom -- even projects on a car trailer -- are encouraged to attend!
As soon as SteveLemans tells us where we the CACTUS GTOs and the DESERT RENEGADES are meeting up to travel south.
Details will follow
KevinS
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kee588T:

It has been a while since I recall you posting URBEX. Looking like the 5th will be the November AZFiero Event. If you chose to do the Samurai thing - watch those "J" turns.

It's been a while since I had a Fiero, lol. The "Samurais roll over" thing is just like "Fieros catch fire" - way overblown. In the Samurai's case, it was a rigged test by Consumer Union, and they had to push them quite a bit harder than their normal testing procedure would call for in order to get them to lift up. Unfortunately, by the time the truth came out, the reputation had already been set, and the damage done. Even with my 6" lift and 31s, plus more than twice the HP of the factory motor, the rear end will still kick out before it rolls.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AZ Fieroers
The November event is the run to Tucson for the kick off of Arizona Pontiac week Sunday, November 5, 2017 • Display hours: 10am - 2pm 4801 E. Broadway (Viscount Suite Hotel) Tucson, AZ 85711. The Cactus GTOs, Pontiac Desert Renegades along with the AZ Fieros will be meeting Sunday November 5th in the parking lot of the of Wild Horse Pass Casio Parking lot on the West side of the I-10 freeway at the Wild Horse Pass exit. All will Meet up between 8-8:15 AM and leave about 8:20.
For those that are seeking refreshments or a quick breakfast/snack prior to the drive that way, I plan to be in the Whole Foods parking lot on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard just east of 101 around 7:30 -7:45. Starbucks and Whole Foods have breakfast items, coffee and traveling drinks. We will be leaving the Whole Food’s parking lot promptly at 8 to join the other at 8:15 or so.
REMINDER: There is NO Pre-Registration for All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day this year.
Instead, simply REGISTER upon arrival at the event site free of charge AFTER 10:00 am.
Approaching the site, you'll see our volunteer crew ready to direct you from Broadway Blvd into the staging area (upper level of the parking deck). There, you'll be asked to fill-out the Registration Form describing your Pontiac-Oakland-GMC Truck and a few other details.
Information from this form will then be used to generate a unique WINDSHIELD CARD which should be displayed on your car or truck.
As part of the on-site REGISTRATION process, you must also sign a RELEASE FORM
as required by our insurance carrier. You'll then be directed to a parking slot within the display area where you may present your car in whatever manner you see fit (hood opened or closed; previous trophies,literature and memorabilia, etc. may also be displayed immediately on or around your vehicle).
Once the main display lot has been completely filled, we'll utilize the upper parking deck
for additional space as needed.
All participants are asked to remain parked in-position throughout the entire four-hour event.

Download the entire four-page flyer for this event HERE.

I hope to see a bunch of nice looking Pontiacs on the road that day.
Best
KevinS
PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, alot may have gotten an email from Thom with details on just where and when the show is. If not - the meat of his message will be tagged to the end of this.
Our plans haven't really changed that much. Still meet at Wild Hores to leave in group. A slight reprieve on the time - leaving a few minutes later. But I think we will plan on about and 8:30 departure - so a few extra minutes for coffee and a doughnut, or something. For those that are seeking refreshments or a quick breakfast/snack prior to the drive that way, I plan to be in the Whole Foods parking lot on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard just east of 101 around 7:30 -7:45. Starbucks and Whole Foods have breakfast items, coffee and traveling drinks. We will be leaving the Whole Food’s parking lot a little after 8 to join the other at 8:20 or so.
Hope to see a lot of nice cars and maybe a few truck too.
Best
KS
Thom's Stuff
For a meeting place map plus detailed driving directions to the Tucson destination,
please visit the newly-updated CARAVAN PAGE at www.TucsonMotorama.com
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I won't be making it. Ordered shift cables from Rodney that should have been here yesterday, and they still haven't shown up. I don't want to be a couple hundred miles away from home if I end up having major issues with what's on the car now.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please DO NOT arrive any earlier than 10:00am. Line-up and
Registration occurs between 10-11:00am
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
So Sorry
But fully understand.
I would not want that tow/haul bill or IOU either. But - I do have a trailer and a big truck should you decide otherwise, and have that issue or another.
Next Kevin (AZ Fiero) sponsored event is likely in January. Thinking it may be a loop around Lake Roosevelt. 87 east is a nice winding road. Hit Jake's Corner for burgers and refreshment, or the Butcher Hook, a run over to Globe on 188 and a quick push back to the valley on the 60.
Thoughts?
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have AAA towing, as well as a truck and trailer here too, and I briefly considered hauling it down...but that's just not the same to me, and it's not like this would be the last event anyways. Lake loop sounds like a good time
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was not able to make this show. Family stuff gets in the way this time of year. Did any one post pictures? How may folks made it to Tucson?

Rolland
Wierwulf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WierwulfSend a Private Message to WierwulfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rolland,

Peggy & I were there from Friday night thru Sunday and camped out inside a really nice room at the Viscount. We made the Little Anthony's Diner show Saturday night and my Indy Fiero grabbed the best in class trophy for 2-seat classic sport. We parked on the upper deck Sunday morning, met the club folks putting on the show, and then parked in the main area next to 2 Solstices on one side and Kevin's 2 red Phoenix Fieros (1 was driven by his daughter Courtney). Steve LeMans was there with his Firebird and we had a nice day of it. I have pics on the USFA-Fiero-Arizona FB page as well as my wall.

Anything being planned for early December to head down toward Tucson or Bisbee? Found someone down around Fort Chewy that has a beautiful MERA...a trip to Bisbee and the mines with a Tombstone stop might be a fun day of cruising in the cars.

Steve
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AZ Fieros, January 2018

Hi all. Welcome to 2018. I do hope we all made it through the holidays without too much damage.

We are going to be trading the November and January dates. So, Black Canyon/ Rock City Café run/meet the last weekend of the month, the 27th of January for burgers and pie at a little higher altitude.

The East Valley meet and greet will commence at the Whole foods complex in Chandler, located on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard (just east of the 101) around 11:45AM. We can plan on leaving the site around noon. We head north on the 101 and hook up with North and West groups at the Wendy's at on the corner of Deer Valley Drive and 23rd Avenue. Wendy’s is just north of the I-17 / 101 intersection, east of I-17 on Deer Valley, a left turn lane onto 23rd and into Wendy's parking lot. We are planning on getting into Wendy’s at about 12:45PM and leaving for ROCK SPRINGS Café; http://www.rockspringscafe.com/pies.html ; right at about 1PM and pulling in for lunch and dessert around 1:30.

If I haven’t gotten someone in the email blast – please let me know. We had a computer meltdown just before the 25th and I have been recovering files ever since.

I will post to Facebook and Pennocks.

I hope to see friendly faces and many Fieros .

In case you are interested Josh Herrell posted a video of the November meet/run to Tucson. Nice job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7AbJKABIE8

Best,

KevinS

P.S.
Rolland, Go to the link. Lots of nice stuff
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2018 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin;
Looks like I will make it. I will meet the crew at the Wendy's and join the caravan from there.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick reminder.
Meet/run north to rock City Cafe Saturday.
Details is prior post.
PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to meet with the group at Wendy’s for the drive North.
Flying solo today. Myra is going South to Tucson for her grandnephew’s 3rd Birthday.

Charlie
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
The Run up to Rock Springs was well attended. In total we had seven cars and nine attendees that got to the Rock Springs Café. We saw 8 Fieros and met with 10 Fiero folks along the way. We had good discussions and some friendly conversations about jobs, travel, home repairs, the Barrett-Jackson show/auction, parts availability, waning memories and of course, aging Fieros - among others. Everyone got split up in parking – so I did not get a good picture of the entire group of cars. If someone did, please forward for posting .
The next scheduled event is the BOP show the 25th of March. I am hoping for a lot of entries – but if you do not wish to be part of the show there are many, many nice vehicles there to wander around and look at.
Hope to see lots of the Fiero Faithful there.
Best
Kevin
jaredaltizer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredaltizerSend a Private Message to jaredaltizerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'm down in Tucson! What are the meetup dates and where?

------------------
Manual '85 Fiero GT

3.4AZjackwagon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4AZjackwagonSend a Private Message to 3.4AZjackwagonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be out of town and cannot make the BOP show on the 25th of march. However if anyone in Tucson ever wants to meet up let me know. Also you PHX peeps keep me posted I would love to come up for a Saturday cars and coffee.

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2018 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there AZ Fiero Guys & Gals,

I was recently notified that 1987 and older are in the Show and Shine details on thie registration and information page about the Scottsdale Spring nationals GoodGuys.

https://www.good-guys.com/sn-2018

This means that nearly all the Fieros are welcome!!!!

They need to register before March 4th to save 10 bucks for the weekend and can go on the Thursday cruise and race autocross too as part of the $45 for the weekend.

It is recommended for the silver membership with the on-line magazine.

Steve LeMans registered his 83 Firebird and got entry #682. The event is Thursday March 15 (The shop tour, cruise event) through Sunday March 18th. You can come to any or all of the event with the weekend registration and since you would be in the show, there is no additional parking charge and you get two adult tickets for every day and kids tickets if you want them. Bring the kids!!!

Register soon so Steve LeMans can see you all there!!! My schedule won’t permit this year. But I do intend to be at the BOP. Hope to see a bunch of people.

Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2018 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All
Sorry for the lack of correspondence. The family has managed to contract the nasty flu this season. We have been down for the past three weeks - maybe four. So, my normal comms about up coming events has been - well not at all!
Truly, the way this stuff has been going not too sure I will have recovered enuff for Sunday - but hoping I can mange to clean the 88 and make the trip north to the Pavillion's Mickey Dee's in Scottsdale.
Hope to see a bunch there!!!
Best
KS
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son and I were not able to bring any of our fieros to the BOP this year, but we tried to stop in for a few minutes and check it out. Only problem is that we showed up about 2:55 and show ended at 3....

We were able to catch several trams ams, a handful of Cadillacs and a few gto's, but everyone else had left.

Any photos or updates from those that went?
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were 7 cars registered and 8 total in the area. 2 red, 1 silver, 1 white, 2 gold and 1 Indy. The other car was a red one but the owner did not register. The weather was perfect and a good time was had by all.

Rolland

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rolland,
Thanks for the photos, looks like a good turnout and looks like a few cars did a little 'display' for the show, nice to see.

I don't recall seeing the white GT before, my son wants a set of those door hinges!
Wierwulf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WierwulfSend a Private Message to WierwulfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...been a while since I have posted on here or followed anything. I finally got out from under that rock. Thank you Rolland for the photos from BoP...love that ragtop you have. It was nice seeing the turn-out we had there...it was hard to miss us on our 'corner' of the event. Hope to see everyone at our next outing. Peggy and I are taking 2 weeks and doing a road trip across the midwest to arrive in Peoria for the 35th with the Indy this August. We will have lots of pics, including Route 66 cruising, etc.
PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All

Looking like we may have a tech event the last weekend in May. How dies Saturday the 26th sound.

We have talked to a few about a headlight seminar fix-it session. Is anyone out there that would like to volunteer a vehicle and repair parts?

Charlie and Myra have been solicited and graciously volunteered their garage for the 26. Yes that is Memorial Day's Saturday. Give it some thought. Let us know.

Best

KevinS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All

The holiday TECH Event will start 8:30 AM or so at Charlie's garage? Directions will be forwarded. Or you can look back about 2 years in your files and get direction from old posts.

Charlie and Myra are opening this up for a social event. Burgers and beverages after the TE. The social event will star around 11:30 to noon. So, if you would desire to socialize and not get your fingers dirty - show up for the social. If you would, bring services for those attending and something to share.

So far we have the following committed

Chips – Peggy & Steve (1 +1)

Salad – Kevin & Lana (1)

Desert –

entrée – Karl & Lisa (Brats) & Charlie & Myra (Burgers)

Condiments – Charlie & Myra

Rehydration – Charlie & Myra , Karl & Lisa

Hoping to see you for this event

Best

KevinS,

Charlie & Myra
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2018 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All

The forests and playgrounds are closed. Come join us for AZFieros TE2, May 26th, at Charlie and Myra's.

The holiday TECH Event will start 8:30 AM or so at Charlie's garage? OK maybe 9. The address is:

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO SOCIAL MEDIA SITES

15626 N 41st Pl

Phoenix AZ 85032

REALLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST TO SOCIAL MEDIA SITES

It is near Greenway and 40th Street.

Hopefully all have an app to get you there. If not call and I will forward directions individually. Or you can look back about 2 years in your files or “Pennock” and get direction from old posts.

Charlie and Myra are opening this up for a social event. Burgers and beverages after the TE. The social event will star around 11:30 to noon. So, if you would desire to socialize and not get your fingers dirty - show up for the social. If you would, bring services for those attending and something to share.

So far we have the following committed

Chips – Peggy & Steve C (1 +1)

Salad – Kevin & Lana (1)

Desert – Steve (Le Mans) G

entrée – Karl & Lisa (Brats) & Charlie & Myra (Burgers)

Condiments – Charlie & Myra

Rehydration – Charlie & Myra , Karl & Lisa

Other – Joeseph Selye, Brandon & Lisa(?) Byers

Hoping to see you for this event

Best

KevinS,

Charlie & Myra
Wierwulf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WierwulfSend a Private Message to WierwulfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today has been a day of opening lots of boxes that were part of the 85 GT project that was delayed when we bought the house we are now in. Soooo...18 months after moving, I am FINALLY ready to start the engine swap in the GT. All of the major parts for the project have now been located and organized for quick retrieval when their need occurs. The car is being rebuilt from front-to-back, and several weekend tech events will come from this. The first event is on the 22nd and will cover the cradle drop. If you are interested in swinging by to watch this and help us devour some burgers and dogs, Peggy and I just need to know how many. Go to the FB USFA-Fiero-AZ page and get in-touch with me there. Future events will include front suspension R&R, Steering rack R&R, brake systems work, hydraulic clutch system work, tranny rebuild, and so forth. Once the car is ready, we will do a cradle installation event.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2018 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wierwulf:

Today has been a day of opening lots of boxes that were part of the 85 GT project that was delayed when we bought the house we are now in. Soooo...18 months after moving, I am FINALLY ready to start the engine swap in the GT. All of the major parts for the project have now been located and organized for quick retrieval when their need occurs. The car is being rebuilt from front-to-back, and several weekend tech events will come from this. The first event is on the 22nd and will cover the cradle drop. If you are interested in swinging by to watch this and help us devour some burgers and dogs, Peggy and I just need to know how many. Go to the FB USFA-Fiero-AZ page and get in-touch with me there. Future events will include front suspension R&R, Steering rack R&R, brake systems work, hydraulic clutch system work, tranny rebuild, and so forth. Once the car is ready, we will do a cradle installation event.

Moving is such a pain, I'm getting my project ready to move to Show Low, (if I ever get through the mortgage process).

Joe
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2018 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve! How was the 35th show? I saw your car in the display room in the pictures. Lots of neat stuff to look at. I don't know if I can make it on the 22nd but I will try to drop by.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey All,

My retired life has become busier (now that Lana is retired too), or I am just getting less done with the hours in each day. More likely the later than the former.

I will say that I finally figured out what was going on with the RV gas gauge that was a minor topic of discussion at our last event. Literally - nothing. The gauge was working the way it always had. Half full registers empty. Full registers full. I just have to put enough gas in it to get the system to respond. That realization was after I tore apart everything, rewired some of it and set up a test bench to simulate a gas tank float assembly. All that to discover a really poorly designed system. But, it is basically a truck from 1973!

The big topic of the last event, of course, was the pending wedding. That night! Again congrats Steve C. And Peggy - many happy knitting days, or handing tools to and traveling with Steve.

All in all Folks - I am not going to be in a position to plan or execute an event over the next couple of months. If someone else out there wants to step up and take over for a bit - - PLEASE do so.

I will try to be back in the swing of things in November or so - but I know the last weeks of November are already assigned to family thing around T-day. It will have to be earlier in the month.

So, "Stay tuned!" as the old folks used to say.

Best

KevinS
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Moving is such a pain, I'm getting my project ready to move to Show Low, (if I ever get through the mortgage process).

Joe

It's official, I closed on the property last Friday... Now the fun starts, did I mention I hate moving, along with the fact that I've been at this place for 21 years???
Oh yeah, even on closing day there was one last hiccup, jeez I hate the mortgage process... My current property wasn't anywhere this bad, glad that's over.

Joe
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2019 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

Been a while.

Wife's retired life is keeping me busier than expected for the past few months (year)!
Any one for a short run to Fountain Hills the 27th. We can hook up with the crusier's at Phil's.
Let all of you doing the BJ (Barrett Jackson) thing the 12th - 20th free to go look at the big buck toys.

The plan will be to arrive at Phil's (
www.philsfillingstationgrill.com/)
around nooneish. As it is a cruz-in, just drive on in.

I will be leaving out of the Whole Foods parking lot at Ray and 101 around 11:20 or so. hope to see a few Fieros there then.

Best

KS
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay