Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? by urbex
Started on: 07-30-2012 05:42 PM
Replies: 397 (8322 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 05-27-2023 10:29 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holiday over - Thank G#*.
What is next?
As only Ron and I showed for last run to Tortilla Flats (we ended up a COBBS in AJ) - maybe we should try again?
Let me know your thoughts
KS
IP: Logged
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
The picture of the AZ gray day
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
I think a return to Tortilla Flats would be a great run. Now that the holidays are over, I am free most Saturdays.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of responses - but I think it all comes down to Tortilla Flats as the choice
So
Next activity is a run through the Apache Trail to Tortilla Flats for a late breakfast or early lunch the last Saturday in January, the 31st. The initial meeting point for the run to Tortilla Flats as the Fiesta Mall at Alma School and the Superstition Hwy; 60 West at the Dutch Brothers Coffee Shop at 8:30 and
A secondary will be the QUICK TRIP at S. Idaho and W Apache Trail at 9ish. That should put us in the flats about 10 or so. If that doesn't work out - there is always COBBs in AJ for a good breakfast.
As far as I am concerned -- drive whatever is running!
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phoenix / Prescott / Maricopa / Flagstaff / Globe / Payson / Tucson / Arizona
Any one gonna make time for a little run on Super bowl weekend's Saturday?
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jan run to Tortilla Flats – yes

All
Last Reminder:
The initial meeting point for the run to Tortilla Flats is at the Fiesta Mall at Alma School and the Superstition Hwy; 60 West, the Dutch Brothers Coffee Shop at 8:30 and a secondary may be the QUICK TRIP at S. Idaho and W Apache Trail at 9 ish.
Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well a small bunch of owners and riders did something other than SuperBowl parties over the weekend and got together for a short run to the opposite side of Phoenix The light rain let up and the twisty roads to the high country were enjoyable if not as smooth as they were a decade or so ago. Truly reminded me of driving the roads of Michigan again. That, by the way, was not a good memory.
It was a good time with some tight turns, blind corners and scenic views of the desert and reservoirs and good food at the Flats.
A picture or two

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Looking like February will be in concert with https://mail.google.com/mai...cc79e980?projector=1
FEBRUARY 21st
FARNSWORTH HALL
6159 E UNIVERSITY
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
This may work better
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AZ Fieros March event will be the BOP Car show at the Pavilions Mall in Scottsdale on the 29th. I hope to see a few more there.
Trophy for best Fiero
Someone out there ready to really challenge Ron's 87 ruby red coupe?

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/032915bop.pdf

Best
KS
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
Had fun and breakfast was great as usual. Since the rain stopped and the road dried out after breakfast, I had a good time with the twisties on the way back home! Even though the road is much rougher that it used to be, I still got the heart rate up!

See you in Feb!

Rolland
PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R,
Yup, looking forward to those eggs and sausage for only $4. With coffee! I may have to forego my trip over to Roosevelt Lake for breakfast.
We may even get a Fiero Table - WOW - and reserved parking for the little cars.
Hope to see you there.
Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much response
Ron and Rolland and me
Hope a few more cars and folks can make their way out to the (way) east valley for some eats treats and car gawking.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Five cars( six if you count Steve's Firebird - fiero is dead in the garage) made the trip to Farnsworth Hall. Don, Mike, Rolland, Ron and myself. I think the Dutsun Z club had a little better showing by a car or two. It was a good preliminary for the BOP show coming on March 29th. I can hope for a few more cars there. Well a couple hundred more when you throw in all the GTO's, Tempest, Bonni and G series and such - on top of all the Buicks and Oldsmobiles in the Phoenix area.
My camera failed me this trip. If anyone got a shot of the Fieros together - please forward or post.
Hope to see more at the BOP.
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder AZ

AZ Fieros March event will be the BOP Car show at the Pavilions Mall in Scottsdale on the 29th. I hope to see a few more there.
Trophy for best Fiero
Someone out there ready to really challenge Ron's 87 ruby red coupe?

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/032915bop.pdf

Best
KS
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone game for a get-together at Casa Grande?

I got my new alternator installed and need a test run.

- Jim
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to have a Fiero driving soon...

Charlie
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Charley -
In the past I've been interested in some of your posts re your work on your Fiero; but this morning I decided to read them ALL, starting with Page 1 (took me half the day!). Some of the PFF guys have gotten quite a kick out of busting you for all the time its taken, but you've done a LOT of work! I'm really anxious to see the car.
- Jim
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You Jim!

It's certainly been a long road and its almost complete. I'm looking to have the a/c lines completed by next week. Then I'll just need to flush, vacuum and charge the system. Then I'll be able to meet with you and the other local AZ Fiero guys for lunch and or a drive. I drove the car about 10 miles today. It's feels promising and hopefully will be great after the tuning is complete. There is some paint touch up to be done but no more big stuff. My only real concern is if it will overheat during summer with the a/c running.

Charlie
FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK... here is a chance for all you Phoenix Fiero Formula friends and fiends to get an 88 Formula really cheap. I have a straight 88 Formula chassis (only) that I am willing to let go for $200. I will be removing the engine, trans, front suspension, 120 mph speedo, and possibly a few other things like the seats. As I said, the chassis is straight and the doors and body panels that are needed for the car Cygnus is offering (see the link below) are included. If the rear cradle on Cygnus' car is damaged, I could provide a replacement, but that would cost an extra $250. The Formula I have has crank windows (not powered) and solid top (no sunroof) However, if you are reading this, you already know that you can swap the sunroof fairly easily.

The bad news... my Formula is located about 20 miles east of Los Angeles. I would make Cyngus an offer, drag it back to SoCal, and do the swap myself, but I already have too many projects going. The car would need to be put on a trailer for transport. A flatbed would work or bring the necessary parts to make it a roller and roll it onto a flatbed or a car trailer.

Send me an email if you are interested.

So, does anyone in this group know the PFF member who goes by Cygnus on this forum? If so, you may want to contact him too.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/071686.html
------------------
FierOmar

[This message has been edited by FierOmar (edited 04-26-2015).]

FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone?

------------------
FierOmar

PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Sorry, April just got away from me along with the first couple of weekends in May (Mother’s Day and all. Hope you know how that goes.). May’s run may be a trip up Black Canyon way for a burger and a slice of pie. Looking like the 16th might be the day. My phone died so pictures of the March get together at the BOP may be lost. But, I will see if I can recover anything. Good news the Pontiac Club recognized Don’s 88 Fastback 3800 conversion as the second best in the ALL PONTIAC MODIFIED division. Pretty cool
Let us know if you think you can make the trip
Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
now that I think about it - - - - - - - - it may have been an 87!
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kee588T:

All,
Sorry, April just got away from me along with the first couple of weekends in May (Mother’s Day and all. Hope you know how that goes.). May’s run may be a trip up Black Canyon way for a burger and a slice of pie. Looking like the 16th might be the day. My phone died so pictures of the March get together at the BOP may be lost. But, I will see if I can recover anything. Good news the Pontiac Club recognized Don’s 88 Fastback 3800 conversion as the second best in the ALL PONTIAC MODIFIED division. Pretty cool
Let us know if you think you can make the trip
Best
KS

Gonna try, hoping me and my wonderful wife Myra can make it.

Charlie

87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
A lunch run on the 16th sounds good to me. That day is open for me now so with a little luck I might even be able to bring more than one!

Rolland
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev -

I'm planning on it.

- Jim
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to have the air-conditioning working by the 16th.

Are we talking a mid-morning cruise to Black Canyon City for a slightly early lunch?

Charlie
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Sorry but I have been positioned out of town and won't be able to make this run. I hope a few of the regulars can fill in for me. I do hope a few of the new mailings can make the trip.
The East Valley meet and greet will commence at the Whole foods complex in Chandler Located on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard (just east of the 101) around 11:45AM. We can plan on leaving the site around noon. We head up the 101 and hook up with North and West groups at the Wendy's at on the corner of Deer Valley Drive and 23rd Avenue. Wendy’s is just north of the I-17 / 101 intersection, east of I-17 on Deer Valley, a left turn lane onto 23rd and into Wendy's parking lot. We are planning on getting into Wendy’s at about 12:45PM and leaving for ROCK SPRINGS Café; http://www.rockspringscafe.com/pies.html ; right at about 1PM and pulling in for lunch and dessert around 1:30. It is an uphill run most of the ways – so make sure the cooling systems are in good working order. Hope someone will take a picture or two and post, or send to me and I will upload.
We are rapidly approaching the warm weather season. This may be the last run of the spring until the weather starts to cool off in the fall. Hope you all have a great trip and a superb lunch and a piece of the nationally renowned pie.
The next run is in the planning stages and likely will be south toward Maricopa. Looking at September - but pending weather may push to October. Hopefully we can pick up a few of the Tucson folks.
Best
KS
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all -

I'm one of those Tucson guys that Kevin referred to and I am going to make the get-together. I've put off so many of these that I've run out of excuses. : ) I'll go even if it rains! (Gulp!.....I don't think I've ever had the Fiero in the rain.)

Kevin, sorry you can't make it. You're the only person in this group that I'm sure that I know. Well, I'll get to meet a bunch of, also great, new folks.

How many Fieros will be at the Whole Foods complex? If you are, and you see someone in a black 88 Fiero GT, driving aimlessly around the parking lot and looking lost,..... that's me! Jump up and down and wave your arms. 'Sure hope there will be someone else there to lead the way. I'm an old Michigan farmer, (emphasis on "old ") and I don't have a clue where Deer Valley is. ('Guess I'd better bring my GPS, "just in case".)

Kev, how about making the next one around Casa Grande? or at least in this part of the area? (I guess I can't complain, though. I remember when ChaseBMX came all the way from Benson.)

'Lookin forward to seeing you all on Saturday, - Jim

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Kev,
That all sounds great. I hope I get to see you this fall when the temps start back down.

Hi Jim,
Normally I would meet up at whole foods but have another family commitment near 18th St and Greenway (North central Phoenix) at 10am. Myra and I will leave from there in time to meet at Wendy's by 12:45. Hopefully there will be others meeting you at whole foods.

Charlie
PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Myra and I are still planning to show up at Wendy's between 12:45 and 12:55. If no one else shows up by 1:15 we will decide if we want to head up to Black Canyon City for lunch or head back home for lunch.

Charlie
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Charlie -

'Well, I've got about the same game-plan. If no one shows at the Whole Foods in Chandler, I'll continue on to Wendy's and make the decision then. (Although at that point, I will have committed to the majority of the approx 350 miles round-trip from my house.)

'See you at Wendy's. - Jim

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you soon at Wendy's Jim!

Charlie & Myra
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cptsnoopy

2585 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Myra and I had a great time today. Good to see Rolland and Ron again. Great to meet Jim, Steve and Mark. Very fun swapping Fiero and all sorts of other auto related stories! And, what a fantastic day, quite the anomaly for Phoenix this time of year. Ron was right, I only averaged just under 20mpg over the 127 miles today. The car is definitely running a tad rich. But, I'm very happy that it did not have any major issues and no tow trucks got involved. We are looking forward to the fall events coming up in about 4 months. When Myra gets back, I'll get the pictures off of her phone and post them here.

Charlie and Myra
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cptsnoopy

2585 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here are the pictures that we have for today. I tried sending them to everyone on the list via email but not sure if it worked or not.

Charlie & Myra

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 05-17-2015).]

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the pictures got to me Charlie.
I was going to post - but looks like you beat me too it.
Thanks for get that done.

Well a few folks did make it into the black canyon run last weekend as you can see above Sorry I wasn't there for this one.
My planned get togethers will be curtailed for the Summer. To many other things to do and places to be. I'll start posting plans again in late summer to early Fall.
Stay tuned in.
Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,
September has come and gone, and I haven’t been at this site for a bit. So, we are going to kind of start over again with my last saved updated lists.
I cannot recover any responses to the request of clearing names from the new/old AZ Fieros email lists, Group A and Group B so you may be getting another request and I apologize if this is getting to be annoying. I am also sending to Group I and II. And there may be some cross over. And there may be a few out there that have gotten dropped. Please forward to anyone that may have been over looked, and remind me that they have been overlooked – so I can add to lists.
So October’s 2015 suggested event is a cruse in to Phil’s Filling Station Grill in Fountain Hills, 16852 E Parkview Ave. http://arizonaautoscene.com...-phils-3-2015-10-18/ on the 18th. Let us try to arrive before the event officially starts at Noon. For those that might want I will again be starting out from the Whole Foods parking lot on the SW corner of Coronado Blvd and Ray Road in Chandler (between thee 101 and Dobson Road – much closer to 101) at about 11, leaving at 11:15.
Best
Kee
October 18, 2015; AZ Fieros' Suggested Cruise In, Phil's Filling Station;

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any weekends off in October but we will try to sneak out there if possible.

Charlie
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be good to see you again Charlie - if you get the opportunity.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock