Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? by urbex
Started on: 07-30-2012 05:42 PM
Replies: 397 (8306 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 05-27-2023 10:29 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
There will be a small group headed down to Casa Grande Thursday night. I am going to brave one more AC-less run, then retire the two seaters for the garage, AC repair or cooler weather.
Really hope a couple might get up from Tucson.
Next event will likely be as the summer closes.
Best
KS
IP: Logged
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Tucsonites.
I am looking for a few takers on dinner, someone to buy me a beer.
Supposed to be a great day/night for a run up 10.
A few of us will be a Mycayo's, 1564 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, around 7 PM.
Hope to see a few of you there.
KS
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was hoping to make it but im still finishing up the final bits of my 3800sc swap. should be able to make it next time though if everything goes together right.
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
I am not going to make it tonight after all. Family stuff this time, not work.

Rolland
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87convert:

Kev;
I am not going to make it tonight after all. Family stuff this time, not work.

Rolland

Long time no here my friend.

Guess who lives in Chandler? ;-)

[This message has been edited by Greg Z (edited 05-29-2014).]

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK
I do not recognize the tag.
Send me more info.

The trip to Casa Grade went well. Four couples enjoy the ride, the conversation and the meal. Fun to get the old cars out on the road.
85SE, 88GT and 87SE made the trip well. A big white truck broke the trail for us down 10 and carried the fourth couple.

Hope to see more folk next time.

87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW Greg! Long time indeed! What happened to bring you back to AZ? Do you still have any of your cars? What happened with the Indy Truck replica? I know, a thousand questions. I am still here in the same place, although I have 5 Fieros now.

Hope to see you at an event. Send your contact info to Kevin and he will put you on the mailing list.

Rolland
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so when is the next event. just finished my 3800 swap an looking forward for an excuse to take it up to phoenix
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good question.
Suggestions for a "heat wave" run/get together?
If I get the A/C fixed on one of these things I'll be more inclined - but I do have other Poncos to drive. Then again, I may hold a beer n brats A/C repair event in the garage yet this summer.
Truly, I was planing the next major event for September and a little cooler weather.
Best
K

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '87 is my daily, 30-35 minutes one-way.
I work at a service shop.
It still has R12.
We don't service R12.
I started driving it regularly probably about 2 years ago... still have yet to fix the A/C >.<

On that note, if you still have R12, and live toward the NW side of Tucson, there's a shop that still services R12. The name escapes me right now, but it's in the same plaza as Discount Muffler.
http://discountmuffleraz.com/

I'm considering switching to R134 since it's more widely serviced.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey fellow Arizonia Fiero Freaks! I just moved down from Utah and am now in Sierra Vista. I have just completed a total overhaul of my formula and could not get it to start before having the car shipped down. I am in need of some assistance to get her back on the road. I am not getting spark to the plugs. Also, when I crank the engine, my fan comes on constant like it does when you put it into service mode. I did relocate the battey to the front and have properly grounded the electrical system. I also am in need of finding a good alignment shop as this too could not be accomplish due to her in op status before the move down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Food and beverage will be provided for any takers too. Thanks.

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula

PFF
System Bot
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuses good/making contact (I actually have an intermittent wiper issue because of this)? How about the ignition module? Coil ohms ok?
nathnn99

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also down here in Sierra Vista. As for a good alignment shop, I took my Fiero to Big'O Tire and they did an amazing alignment on mine.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm reallly not a good electronics guy. I can do most of everything else. Anyone know someone local who could be trusted to find the gremlins???

Nathnn99, I've sent you a PM. Hope we can meet up soon. Really want Zefiero back on the road soon....
nathnn99

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent Back.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Urbex

Check your e-mail. I sent you a Fiero owner who lives in Scottsdale and needs Fiero help.

Cordially ,
Kevin
kevinsullivan@frontier.com

Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a few messages in the Phoenix area since I was last in. Check events - forward to all know owners.

AZ Fiero’s September 2014 Drive-in Meet
Well September is here – almost gone in fact. We are planning a small get together in the next week or so. Hope the group can have a showing. Plan to keep September simple.
Sunday September 28th will be a meeting at FIVE GUYS BURGERS and FRYS, and if you haven’t been there the amazing mix your own pop/soda machines. The location will be 2641 N 44th Street Phoenix 85008 at 5:30 Sunday.
I (personally) will be leaving the Whole Foods Center at West Ray Road and Highway 101 around 5:00 PM. If any of the east or south siders would like to join me for the trip to Five Guys – let me know
Hope to see you there for burgers, fries and FIERO’s
KS
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
Sounds like a good time. I just took my convertible out of the garage today since the mornings are so nice. I will see you there!

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As previously noted and posted in (EVENTS) we are planning a small get together this weekend – Sunday evening. Hope the group can have a showing. The plan is to keep September simple. Sunday, September 28th , we will be a meeting at FIVE GUYS BURGERS and FRYS. The restaurant is cafeteria style, walk up order and find a table. In my opinion the burgers are some of the best chain food around, the fries are really good and the spiced ones even better, and if you haven’t been there, the amazing mix your own pop/soda machines are a treat. The location will be 2641 N 44th Street Phoenix 85008 at 5:30.
I (personally) will be leaving the Whole Foods Center at West Ray Road and Highway 101 around 5:00 PM. If any of the east or south siders would like to join me for the trip to Five Guys – let me know.
Keep in mind, that if the two-seater isn’t running, we won’t mind if you drive the family vehicle. We are just there for some good car friends, talk and stories. Hope to see you there for burgers, fries and FIERO’s
KS
PS
Did I mention the boxes of peanuts you get to shell and munch on while you wait!
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
Sorry I missed you again. Family stuff and clean up from last nights storm kept me busy until late Sunday night.. Keep planning and I will join you eventually.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AZ Fieros September Drive-in
Well a few cars and folks we able to join at Five Guys,88, 87 and 2 85s. The burgers were really good. The conversation on the older local cars was interesting. There was a fair amount of discussion on Steve's 2.8 rebuild - but he may be spending a bit more time on the recently procured "93" Firebird.

PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for October Event suggestions.
Thoughts - dates - places
?????
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW
Time is j-u-s-t rushing by. October is almost half gone and no plans for AZ FIEROs event. And, it looks like it is up to me. So, I was cruising by TEDs HOTDOGs the other day in Tempe, and it seems to me we haven’t been there as a group for a couple of years. So what about Sunday the 26th. Eveningish, again, to give the mid-day rush a chance to die down. The place was packed by 1PM Saturday. Let us say 5:30 at TEDs on the corner of McClintock and Broadway in Tempe https://www.tedshotdogs.com/ .
I do hope to see a few of the semi vintage ( you do know the newest is 26 years old) Pontiacs Fieros from the surrounding area there.
Best
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
Thanks for your persistence in setting these meetings up. I will once again commit to trying to find a way to make it possible to show up. (how's that for weasle words?) I may be able to talk one of my family to driving one car so I can bring another.

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there are more cars out there. I just wish I could figure out a way to get a few more to show up.
Best of luck on the two car trip down from up that way.
Not looking like I'll be able to plan an extensive event for November ( out of town early and T-day family event late in the month). Maybe just an early December drive.
We will see. And thanks for the kudo.
Best
KS
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all -

'Just got back to the Tucson area from my summer tour back east..

I'm gonna try my damnedest to be at Ted's Hot Dogs on Sunday. Hope some of you can also make it. I won't be bringing the Fiero - it's still needing a new alternator.

BTW - if anyone from the Tucson area, like me, has their Fiero down for repairs and would like a ride; I've got lots of room in my Ford Fusion for riders. Just send me a note.

ChaseBMX - Are you gonna be there? I'd like to see your conversion to the 3800sc.

- Jim
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AZ_POPS:

ChaseBMX - Are you gonna be there? I'd like to see your conversion to the 3800sc.

- Jim

Unfortunately not, im in texas for work.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**UPDATE**
October AZ Fieros Drive
Steve G has graciously volunteered to open up his driveway and garage for a short get together prior to the drive over to TEDs for those flame grilled dogs and burgers. Steve is at 1139 E Fairmont Drive Tempe, 85282. That is just a bit NE of Southern and Rural. If you haven’t seen a real space frame before - Steve has a de-skinned Fiero for viewing. Truly, I am thinking, he just wants to show off the new (old) 93 Firebird. I will be leaving the Whole Foods parking lot Ray Road and 101 about 4:45 to gather at Steve’s around 5:00 and trip over to TEDs (corner of McClintock and Broadway in Tempe https://www.tedshotdogs.com/) for 5:30 evening meal.
I hope to see a few more and enjoy a good old hot dog, brat or burger.
Best
medic880

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for medic880Send a Private Message to medic880Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just moved to AZ in June. I just picked up my first Fiero 87 SE about a month ago. I live in Goodyear. I would love to come but my motor is out at this moment putting it back together is a slow process since it is my first Fiero job. Had blown headgasket when I got it for $300.00. Anyone that is bored can come over and help me put it back together!! lol....I just ordered 12 new exhaust manifold bolts from The Fiero Store and need to get some new coolant hoses and I should have what I need to get it back together.
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
I really have to find a way to get these gatherings elevated in priority. Sorry again, I missed out due to family related stuff.

Any pictures? How many showed up?

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a few show up at Teds; Ron, Steve, Brandon and his wife, Lana and myself - 3 Fieros and a Firebird. ,
Next activity is a run through the Apache Trail to Tortilla Flats. Probably for a late breakfast or early lunch the second Saturday in December, the 13th
Let me know your thoughts
Best
KS

PS
Medic880 - You need to hook up with SteveG. His 87 fastback GT is in similar shape, and maybe you can together, cut a better deal on the rebuild parts and time!
PFF
System Bot
Erickson307

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erickson307Send a Private Message to Erickson307Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in Benson about an hour from serria vista and about 3 hours from phx
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
A +
3.Saturday morning run to tortilla flat sounds like fun. Count me in!

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Thinking about the initial meeting point for the run to Tortilla Flats as the Fiesta Mall at Alma School and the Superstition Hwy; 60 West. Maybe the Dutch Brothers Coffee Shop at 8:30 and
A secondary may be the QUICK TRIP at S. Idaho and W Apache Trail at 9 ish. That should put us in the flats about 10.
Thoughts anyone?
Best
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
One week out.
No changes to the plan.
We will meet for coffee a Dutch brothers and go from there,
Be a great ride through the west end of the superstitions.
Hope to see a bunch or cars
Best
KS
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started a new job a little over a month ago, but I work Saturdays I've also been waking up earlier (g/f also started a new job so she gets up anywhere between 4am-6am depending on the day, me at 6, 7 or 9am) so it probably wouldn't be as difficult to get up & around to make the drive
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be able to make the run this time.. Family events going on that day.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,

There a Fiero owner in Old Town Scottsdale, AZ who wants to get ahold of you guys! His e-mail address is: hotmtnbike@gmail.com He wants someone (a Fiero guy) to get ahold of him. He owns a '86 V6 4-sp with a trick motor. Can someone reach out to him? His phone number is 707-791-0557. You can tell him I said to call, my name is Kevin

Cordialy,
Kevin
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Sorry for the late reminder. I have been side tracked with some personal issues. But, the plan is pretty much unchanged - except I recommend an umbrella, good wiper blades and maybe a treatment or two of RainX.
I do Hope to see a bunch of Pontiac two seater there.
Best
KevinS
87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kev;
I have to back out for tomorrow. My daily driver is down as is the Indy. With the forecast as it is, it goes without saying that a convertible is not the way to go either. See you on the next run.

Rolland
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock