Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many of us in Phoenix, or Arizona? by urbex
Started on: 07-30-2012 05:42 PM
Replies: 397 (8322 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 05-27-2023 10:29 PM
urbex

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking that I was the only one here in the Phoenix area, with one other guy in Tucson. Then have seen a few more members in the Valley. Got me wondering how many of us are in Arizona..perhaps enough to potentially either revive the old AZ Fieros club, or start a new one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kazew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kazewSend a Private Message to kazewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just driving north on 51st ave from Glendale rd to Union Hills today, didn't you see me lol?
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im about 3 hours from phoenix or 2 hours if i drive fast.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Albuquerque is practically around the corner...

------------------
11 Camaro SS/RS
86 Fiero GT 4.9
84 Fiero V6 Choptop?
00 Silverado RCSB 4X4
08 Suburban Z71
09 Avalanche LT3

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kazew:

I was just driving north on 51st ave from Glendale rd to Union Hills today, didn't you see me lol?

Sorry, I was one street over, out of the ghetto, on 59th Ave
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

urbex

248 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by Carver1:

Albuquerque is practically around the corner...

Oh sure...only about 10 hours or so, lol
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Near FireBird Raceway. I sold my daily driver and still working on my garage queen project Fiero.

Charlie
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My fiero and I used to reside in PHX. 59th Ave and McDowell.
I moved around 12 years ago, to Tucson.

-Dave
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone in Phoenix is in Arizona.......
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

Everyone in Phoenix is in Arizona.......

What about those in Alberta, British Columbia, Durban, Illinois, Lousiana, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Oregon, or Mauritius?
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...but everyone IN Phoenix is still in Arizona.....
PFF
System Bot
kazew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kazewSend a Private Message to kazewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So are we having a get together sometime, strange the 5th largest city in America has no get togethers
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kazew:

So are we having a get together sometime, strange the 5th largest city in America has no get togethers

I'd love to...didn't seem like there was much interest here.

I'm northwest valley, but after going to same spots every weekend...I'm thinking of going somewhere else. Maybe the Pavilillions?
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be at the Pavillions today around 5pm or so. Have some other business in Scottsdale this afternoon, so figured I'd hang out at the Pavs afterwards for a while.
kazew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kazewSend a Private Message to kazewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't catch your post in time but I will be going to Bell and 51st on Monday around 5:30pm
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday? Didn't realize there was anything there on Mondays...was only aware of the Friday happenings.
kazew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kazewSend a Private Message to kazewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There isn't, I wasn't even aware of a Friday happening but I'll go.
Tj_Harp

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tj_HarpSend a Private Message to Tj_HarpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to meet other Fiero owners in Arizona and start/join a club. Anyone up for arranging a meet, maybe next Pavilions? Also, pls feel free to pm or email me if you're in the Phx area.
ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

Near FireBird Raceway. I sold my daily driver and still working on my garage queen project Fiero.

Charlie

LIES. there is no way i have been driving past you for the last 3 years to/from work, and i still haven't even seen your car

i live in maricopa, just a bit south of phoenix, work in Tempe, I'd be more than willing to have a get together sometime, missed this post till just now
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShaddowGt:

LIES. there is no way i have been driving past you for the last 3 years to/from work, and i still haven't even seen your car

i live in maricopa, just a bit south of phoenix, work in Tempe, I'd be more than willing to have a get together sometime, missed this post till just now
I wonder if I am lying too. It's been so long since I've done anything to the car except for replacing all the front bushings with poly and installing the 1.5" drop spindles this year. The body is primed and waiting for this cooler wx and should be painted by the end of next month. The big issue now is going to be trying to figure out how it goes back together after 5 years... I sure hope it runs ok after all this time.

Charlie

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 10-07-2012).]

urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I started this, then bailed unexpectedly...was having issues with the car I couldn't get to, got busy with the Scout and work, blah blah blah. I still would be game for a get together, even if it meant I had to deal with the Pavilions..ugh :P

Ooooh...maybe a meet up at one of the Cars and Coffee meets? Last time I was at the one at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, my car got a bit of attention, though I'm guessing it was pretty tempered by the cruddy paint that I have. Perhaps a group of nicer ones would do better...
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use the Memberlist Search

Click "Pennock's Fiero Forum" at the top right of any page. That will take you to the page showing the different forums and your Inbox. Look beside the "Search" button at the top right and find "Memberlist". You can search by location here. Remember that some people will use "Alaska" and some will use "AK" so try more than one way to search.

------------------
Jonathan
23K mile '85 notchie - Still under construction
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html
I'm not a mechanic but I play one in my garage - me
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not - Thomas Jefferson
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pick a time and a place and I will try to get there. I was at the Pavillions last Saturday all by my self, but there was a lot of really cool iron there!

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still in Chandler, The red 88 GT and 85 SE are still on the road periodically. A/C blew in both of them in 2012. Still looking for a repair shop I can trust. Intel and I have parted ways. Their choice. Glad to be out of the 70 to 100 hour weeks that dominated 2010 and 11. I kind of lost track of AZ Fiero club in that time-frame. Most weekends I am not in the area - but just may be this weekend. If someone has an e-mail list or a text list I'll try to coordinate something. But, for the moment anyone interested in the WHOLE FOODS buffetery or Paradise Bakery for a late breakfast meet? They also do lunch and dinner items pizza and such. Seating is a bit limited - but It is on the south east side of Ray Road and 101 - say 9AM? I can be at either?
Let me know
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Oh yeah -- I was thinking Saturday this weekend 10/19/2013
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As usual I am out of town this weekend (in Huntsville Ala.) This is just the right time of year for a breakfast cruise, with the weather cooling off. If you post any get togethers here or in the events section I will try to get there. I will be home again on the 23rd for a while........

Rolland
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rolland
If you still have the club's old e-mail list, or text numbers - send it to me
Best
KevinS
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kee588T:

Still in Chandler, The red 88 GT and 85 SE are still on the road periodically. A/C blew in both of them in 2012. Still looking for a repair shop I can trust. Intel and I have parted ways. Their choice. Glad to be out of the 70 to 100 hour weeks that dominated 2010 and 11. I kind of lost track of AZ Fiero club in that time-frame. Most weekends I am not in the area - but just may be this weekend. If someone has an e-mail list or a text list I'll try to coordinate something. But, for the moment anyone interested in the WHOLE FOODS buffetery or Paradise Bakery for a late breakfast meet? They also do lunch and dinner items pizza and such. Seating is a bit limited - but It is on the south east side of Ray Road and 101 - say 9AM? I can be at either?
Let me know

I take my '88 to Hargraves on 20th St. and Indian School in Phoenix. They are the only shop I trust. They just finished a month ago swapping out the original Th125 for the 4T60 transmission. They also changed out my brakes, brake booster, coolant system flush and valve seal changeout. Ask for Scott. One of their mechanics is a former Fiero owner so he is very familiar with the car.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phoenix Breakfast Cruise In -- Whole Foods Breakfast and Fieros Ray Road East of 101 at 9AM 10/19/2013

Well if anyone is thinking about joining for the morning - the 101 is closed northbound of 202 to the Ray Road exit, The best way in is the 60 to 101 south bound, or Ray Rod east off of 10.
Responses to date "0!"
Not a big surprise - short notice and no mailing/tweet/text list.
Still there is hope
What was Arlo's saying?
Just one person - they may think he's really sick -- And if two people, two people do it, -- They may think they're both fools and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, … They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people do it … And friends they may think it's a movement!!
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kee588T:

Phoenix Breakfast Cruise In -- Whole Foods Breakfast and Fieros Ray Road East of 101 at 9AM 10/19/2013

Well if anyone is thinking about joining for the morning - the 101 is closed northbound of 202 to the Ray Road exit, The best way in is the 60 to 101 south bound, or Ray Rod east off of 10.
Responses to date "0!"
Not a big surprise - short notice and no mailing/tweet/text list.
Still there is hope
What was Arlo's saying?
Just one person - they may think he's really sick -- And if two people, two people do it, -- They may think they're both fools and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, … They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people do it … And friends they may think it's a movement!!

I can be there.

Brandon
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two takers for the morning of the 19th.
Two 88 original paint Red GTs and an 85 red SE, Yes I brought both of the running cars. Brandon's is a fine example of a well cared for low mileage unit.
When I figure out how to post a picture or two I will.

Recommendations for the next meet?
Let me know
Best
KevinS
PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Second attempt is Evening Cruise in Nov 21

Where:
WHOLE FOODs Chandler Ray Road and 101
What:
Eat, drink talk about the cars until we go home
http://www.wholefoodsmarket...tment/prepared-foods
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/chandler
When:
November 21st 6PM to ???
You name it – this place has probably got it. Everything from barbecue to sushi. Coffee bar beer and wine bar. Pizza veggies roasted and smoked meats and cheeses galore. And they let Fieros park here for free.
Very casual dining
Hope a few more can make the trip to the SE Valley
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kevin

'Hope I'm doin this right - I've never posted before. (I'm not a new member to the PFF - have just never posted.)

Anyways...I'm going to try to make it to the Nov. 19th get-together. No promises - I've got a flight the next day and I'm usually doing last-minute "thrashing". But I'm really going to try to make it.
I live NW of Tucson in an area known as Dove Mountain (Marana area), so I'm not that far from the Ray Rd exit off I-10.

I got a kick out of the Arlo thing - a lot a younger people here on the PFF are probably wondering what the h___ is he talking about! : ) I still have the original 33 - the interview with the Army recruiter is still funny,after all these years.

Maybe Brandon can make it - then they will think it's an organization!

- Jim, black 88 GT
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, now all the AZ guys show up...

I've seen 7-10 Fieros in the NW area of Tucson, one I drive by every day to/from work (parked at a house, but I've seen it on the road), bstrickler (I believe that's his name on here) lives toward the south side of Tucson, I believe in Benson (where chasebmx is, a little over an hour from me). I was hoping to find some more guys on here, but haven't really seen anyone near me so far >.<
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested, I grabbed arizonafieros.com while I was still in the Fiero scene (and ultimately did nothing with it, lol), and as I dont forsee myself being back into Fieros in the foreseeable future, I would be willing to hand it over if anyone is interested.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doober,

You or I may be mixing dates and months. November's event in Phoenix is on the 21st, and by your note you will be traveling somewhere. The 19th was in October and was pretty much a bust as only three cars showed up. but we will keep trying. Hope your dates are off and you will be able to join me (hopefully us - meaning many more cars and owners show up). But if as it sounds you will be traveling, I will try to set something in motion for about the third week or so in December

Best

Kevin S
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
urbex
Contact me ( use the private communications on PFF ) about the AZ Fieros web-page.
I'll see if I can keep it active.
Best
KevinS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kee588T

262 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Opps
Ignore that post Doober,

AZ_POPS

You or I may be mixing dates and months. November's event in Phoenix is on the 21st, and by your note you will be traveling somewhere. The 19th was in October and was pretty much a bust as only three cars showed up. but we will keep trying. Hope your dates are off and you will be able to join me (hopefully us - meaning many more cars and owners show up). But if as it sounds you will be traveling, I will try to set something in motion for about the third week or so in December

Best

Kevin S
AZ_POPS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AZ_POPSSend a Private Message to AZ_POPSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Kevin -
'Don't know how I came up with the 19th. I've got the 21st on my calendar and the flight is the next day, so I'm OK with joining the group on the evening of the 21st.
- Jim
chasebmx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chasebmxSend a Private Message to chasebmxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would love to go but my fiero is missing a motor
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock