Started on: 06-24-2012 08:16 PM
Replies: 157 (2360 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 07-22-2013 05:37 PM
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nmw75:

weloveour86se: Mine only looks good from 25 - 30 feet away.... You wont be alone! I just got a PM saying that my new headliner & visors are being shipped today!

Maybe we should park next to each other? Maybe we should park oppisite. lol Maybe we could spruce our cars up with some crappy VIP neon dash LED's? We could be Ballerz Yo!

IP: Logged
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen this town is Packed to the gills! You cannot look in any direction and not see people. Many of them are scantilly clad

Giggity giggity!
Thrillhouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen this town is Packed to the gills! You cannot look in any direction and not see people. Many of them are scantilly clad

Giggity giggity!

Excellent!

What time of day were we thinking of meeting?

The choptop is a bit behind schedule, hoping that it will arrive before the end of next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

The original carrier will be unable to complete the delivery of the car. We're hoping we can locate a new carrier early next week and then take delivery late next week.

I replaced the dew wipes in my yellow GT today. Rodney's tool makes it so easy. I'm going to give it a thorough cleaning tomorrow or Sunday and then post some pics. It seems to be leaking oil somewhere too. Probably the oil pan gasket or valve cover gaskets. Just another thing for me to do. Also the reproduction quarter windows that were on the car seem to be warping and bubbling out in the middle. Not sure which ones they are, the car had them on when I bought it.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well heres what I'm gonna do. In the morning I'm gonna limp Mommas 87 down and park it. It still needs the rotors turned, but I can limp it down no problem. Say around 10am. Park it and leave it. Then jam back to the house and have coffee and doughnuts, crumpets and tea. Whatever, then maybe drive back in my crap box, rattle can paint job by a dreaded previous owner, I'm trying to fix as funds permit, 86 notchie! lol.

Hopefully Momma's 87 with 23,838 original miles, all matching numbers, will be a beacon so to speak! Needs paint obviously....again, lol

Get there when you can and hopefully your early enough to see somebody? I dunno.

After the mad scramble I'm gonna toss some shrimp on the barbi at our house, maybe crack a bottle and let my body waddle!

I'd love nothing more then a few pics of a bunch of fieros blocking my street! Take ALL the parking!

Dig out the fire ring??

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets all meet at the bar around noon. Then we can hang around there for a couple of hours. Then go for the ride, Ending up at the BBQ.
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake88fm2

39 posts
Member since Jun 2012

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

Oh man I'd love too I'm in Lewiston , but my car gets like 4-7 miles a gallon. :'( I don't get to drive her too much

I will donate one tank of gas. if that will help you get there. Anyone else?
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jake88fm2:

I will donate one tank of gas. if that will help you get there. Anyone else?

Me too! I'll chip in gladly! Come on man! Do we have to beg? Grovel? lol

Took a ride to Saco to ship some parts. Traffic coming into town is bumper to bumper all the way from the stop sign downtown all the way back through town to the highway! People get very confused by the intersections. If you see that traffic is backed up that far take a left onto Smithwheel road. Follow Smithwheel around till you come to the intersection between the school and fire department. Then take a right at that light and after about a 1/4 mile Jumping Jakes will be on the left. Secret local shortcut! Well not so secret anymore. Skips all the tourists Easy!

Don't know about anyone else but I'd rather be riding then sitting in traffic overheating!

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could go for a ride My poor Fiero is up on stands. putting tranny line in it. and I have to wait till the 16th to get my radiator. bumm'n
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish I could go for a ride My poor Fiero is up on stands. putting tranny line in it. and I have to wait till the 16th to get my radiator. bumm'n

Jake, you have a PM! Let's get it done!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Should we invite this guy???

Technically a fiero? hehe
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG! for shame, for shame
PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Omg.... Kill it!! Kill it!!! And it has a duke in it..... Egads..... :/
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe he's friends with this guy:

He's cruising around Maine. Somewhere. I took this at the Owl's head Bike meet.
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That just not ok.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet look at the people gawking at it. And here we are discussing it.

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the choptop should arrive next Monday or Tuesday at the latest, however this carrier wants another $90 since the car is out of the way for him. The good news is that the insurance company will also be paying for the delivery of the car since the original carrier will be unable to complete the delivery. More good news: apparently the car did not lose any fluids and runs just fine.

I was at the local body/mechanic shop today and they're not very busy at all. So they expect to not take too long with it. I'm still hoping to be able to drive it down on the 28th.

I haven't been over to my garage lately to take a pic or two or do any work on my yellow GT; which is soon to be my Uncle's. I just recently replaced both dew wipes. I still have to deal with the oil leak from the engine and the steering column wobble.

[This message has been edited by Thrillhouse (edited 07-09-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMK if it passes through my area at all. I can run over and snap some pics! Keep my eye on Roscoe P Coaltrain! lol
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LMK if it passes through my area at all. I can run over and snap some pics! Keep my eye on Roscoe P Coaltrain! lol

I sent you a PM with my phone number. It looks like it should be delivered to Cabela's on Tuesday the 17th. I'm definitely going to make the trip down. Also I could use a brief return to civilization!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scamble, scramble, fix, fix, sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding...... fix fix hurry hurry, gotta at least be presentable. Nevermind the dust

Wait...is that a group of Russian girls coming this way??? Aw distractions. "Hello ladies, beautiful day!"...
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by Thrillhouse:

I sent you a PM with my phone number. It looks like it should be delivered to Cabela's on Tuesday the 17th. I'm definitely going to make the trip down. Also I could use a brief return to civilization!

I'll be there! Digi cam in hand! LMK what time you will be there!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saturday also works better for me...

PM sent!

PFF
System Bot
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
The day is getting closer... Everyone still going?!

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there!

Probably with just the yellow GT though. The choptop has yet to arrive.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool.. plan on dropping by with the Indy if weather is good.. wonder how I can post pics on here with my Droid?? Hmmmm.
See ya guys there..
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday the 28th. Jumping Jakes in OOB. Were there x's2.

edit....Fieroparts.com might show up? He's a OOB local. Maybe he's lurking this thread? lol!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-18-2012).]

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dos anyone have a set of rear brake lines? The damn garage did not attach my rear one correctly and the wheel wore though them.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dos anyone have a set of rear brake lines? The damn garage did not attach my rear one correctly and the wheel wore though them.

I have the "parts bin 86" out back, brake lines all there.

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just went down to Jumping Jakes to make sure were still on. Brian was very happy to talk. He says, "What ever you guys want, anytime, come on down."

So were good to go!
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait!
Just got to button up the interior re assembly tonight then start some polishing.
Hopefully people wont mind me taking tons of pics.

------------------
86 GT

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The choptop is set to arrive in Scarborough tomorrow!

Unfortunately there's no way it'll be ready in time for Saturday. I'll be coming down with my father and uncle with my yellow GT and my 2010 camaro.

We'll just have to have another gathering before the end of August so I can take the choptop down after its fixed.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from meeting Matt and his father Henry at Cabelas. Very nice choptop, cept for the fact that the shippers dropped it on its top...

Now I know what Matt meant about the car not bieng ready in time. Nevermind the nice shippers and the all knowing kid. I had to walk away. Matt it turns out has alot of patience, I don't have it. WTH was he revving your engine like that for? Was he getting ready for a quarter mile run?

Anyway was a pleasure to meet and hope to see you guys Saturday! Oh yeah and TYVM for the loaner Rodney dew tool!

edited to add another pic

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-24-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nevermind the nice shippers and the all knowing kid. I had to walk away. Matt it turns out has alot of patience, I don't have it. WTH was he revving your engine like that for? Was he getting ready for a quarter mile run?

Anyway was a pleasure to meet and hope to see you guys Saturday! Oh yeah and TYVM for the loaner Rodney dew tool!

It was a pleasure to meet you too! I actually just got in.

Seriously that kid (though he is actually older than me) was really getting on my nerves. But sometimes its easier to just smile and nod than to make an issue out of something. He said "No I'm pretty sure those doors are metal" Yeah sure whatever you say. I think he was trying to charge the battery faster by revving it. It was really un-necessary. I was (am) just really glad to have my car finally. What is really amazing is that the sent of rims that was sent up in the car were still there after more than a month of transit time and changing hands 5 or 6 times.

The flatbed from my bodyshop/mechanic up here arrived about an hour or so after you had left. I drove by it on my way through town just to make sure it didn't have another exciting event on its journey from Alabama. The shop actually does a real nice job. I hit a moose with my father's suburban a few years ago. They replaced and re-painted the hood, front grille/bumper and replaced the windshield. It looks as good as new now. He's worked on my other fieros on more than one occasion.
I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to talk to you a bit more, but we'll have to chat on Saturday. I got a glimpse of the decklid vent you're installing too. Looks good!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

then start some polishing.

Speaking for myself here, the Mythbusters have proven it. You can indeed actually polish a turd. I keep polishing but no shine yet.

What happend to Jake88? Sent you a PM Jake. If you need parts to help get you here just LMK! Try my best to help you out, althought the time draws nigh...

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Speaking for myself here, the Mythbusters have proven it. You can indeed actually polish a turd. I keep polishing but no shine yet.

Confirmed last night!

Took it out to fuel up at the gas station in town. Its at a 4-way intersection. I'm standing at the pump & hear a screeching of tires.... My guess is that the driver who looked to be in his late teens - early 20's was checking out my Fiero & didnt see the red light. It would have been messy if he didnt stop!

Maybe I should fuel up someplace else... For the safety of others.
85FieroGreg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85FieroGregSend a Private Message to 85FieroGregEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Close to a 3 1/2 hour ride for me to get there. Any chance we can get another spot roped off for me? I will be driving up my 88 CJB if so. Please let me know what time everyone is meeting at Jakes. Would love to meet up with some new people and have a great day. Also, if anyone is traveling the same route around the same time, we could meet up somewhere along the way and drive up together. Thanks.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85FieroGreg:

Close to a 3 1/2 hour ride for me to get there. Any chance we can get another spot roped off for me? I will be driving up my 88 CJB if so. Please let me know what time everyone is meeting at Jakes. Would love to meet up with some new people and have a great day. Also, if anyone is traveling the same route around the same time, we could meet up somewhere along the way and drive up together. Thanks.

You make the trip and we will save you a spot! No worries at all!

We will have plenty of parking and Brian will ask people to move cars out of the way if needed. No problems. Brian, the owner eats this kinda thing up!

We might wanna talk time frames. 1pm? 2pm? Whats best for all? Later then that? Chime in here please with suggestions on times? Remember lifes a beach in OOB. People hit the beach for the sun, then back to hotels for showers and back out for dinner and cruising and such.

If you wanna show up early for crumpets and tea at my place thats great also! I usually cruise down to Beach Bagel in my 86 for an iced coffee around noon. If anyone gets here early we could hit that up first!

I dunno, just somethings to think about till Saturday
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to head down around 8-9 Saturday morning. It should put me in the Portland area around 11:00ish. Probably do some shopping and run a few errands then stop on down to OOB around 12 - 1.

We can't stay super late, probably start the drive back up to Rangeley around 7ish. Its amazing how much those shadows look like moose late at night.
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably be down between 11 & 12.

------------------
86 GT

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll probably be down between 11 & 12.

Flying solo IIRC? Stop over for crumpets and tea if you like. I can PM the addy if anyone likes. If you get here at the right time we can work on our foreign relations. Think Russia or Maldavia or Ukraine...

Also pray for sunshine!

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could make it! As usual, everything on the car took twice as long as it should have.. Almost an hour just to get the clutch master line screwed into the fitting! Still another weekend of work at least.. Have fun guys!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock