Started on: 08-04-2010 07:56 PM
Replies: 230 (25421 views)
Last post by: FIEROSMIGLA on 03-28-2016 08:24 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds familair Smig !

First time i tried on a choptop at Daytona, i tried to make adjustments for the chop and still bonked my head getting in !
IP: Logged
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a little bit further mirrors , molding and back bumper are painted. Trunk is cut for the Lexan . I decided to remove the spoiler I figure if I change my mind I can always add it back on I love the factory GT spoiler but I think it looks better with it off on a chop top I'm not 100% yet guess I will see. Some more pics. !

elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

I got a little bit further mirrors , molding and back bumper are painted. Trunk is cut for the Lexan . I decided to remove the spoiler I figure if I change my mind I can always add it back on I love the factory GT spoiler but I think it looks better with it off on a chop top I'm not 100% yet guess I will see. Some more pics. !

niceeee i will copy that lol
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a few updates!! I took a small break from working on the Chop. I got the rear bumper painted ,the lexan declid should be completed this week. I'm starting to wrap the fiberglass interior trim in Vinyl , I still have some work to do on the door panels . The vinyl isn't a fun job at all!

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008
Got a little bit further today! Wrapped in vinyl .

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOVE IT....

------------------
Steve
-- aka. SmoothGT
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
1987 Fiero V8/hybrid
1999 Lexus SC-400
V8

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this was an incredible thread to stumble over! This looks fantastic! You're such a good painter too! Those panels look like glass!
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I KNEW I recognized that driveway and in-dash touch screen set-up. You're the guy who occasionally puts REALLY good looking Fieros on eBay once in a blue moon.

That said, I'm almost positive this is your car. I remember seeing the eBay ad and drooling over it.
http://sanantonio.craigslis...cto/1969595109.html

[This message has been edited by Bradley Jay (edited 11-07-2010).]

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

LOVE IT....

Thanks I appreciate it!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Well this was an incredible thread to stumble over! This looks fantastic! You're such a good painter too! Those panels look like glass!

My buddy Scott did the paintwork he is incredible!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

I KNEW I recognized that driveway and in-dash touch screen set-up. You're the guy who occasionally puts REALLY good looking Fieros on eBay once in a blue moon.

That said, I'm almost positive this is your car. I remember seeing the eBay ad and drooling over it.

You are 100% correct , That yellow Gt is a deal it had $13,000 into it . Im thinking about buying it back!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

[This message has been edited by FIEROSMIGLA (edited 11-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are 100% correct , That yellow Gt is a deal it had $13,000 grand into it . Im thinking about buying it back!

Sweet !

Any pics ?
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Lexan is cut and fitted this was not a easy job. There will be no rubber gasket it will have a nice clean look it was cut with a router so it has a lip to mount it from underneath.

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

This is just some of my most recent Fiero's in the last year and a half. I had so many wish I had all of these back . I'm finally building myself this chop I wanted ones for years. I love building them!

88 GT

88GT

87GT

2 87 GT's one with T tops

INDY

86 GT with 4.9 V8

86 SE converted to a Fastback

87 GT on New Smyrna Beach

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one of the SWEETEST group of Fieros' owned by an individual...
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

That is one of the SWEETEST group of Fieros' owned by an individual...

Thanks it was lots of work but not as much as this chop!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
respect !
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting a little bit closer to finished!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the declid finished lots of work to make it look this perfect, I will take pictures of it on the car sometime this week. All thats left to paint is the nose hood and chin spoiler it's getting close.

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few more pics

------------------
87 FIERO GT (daily Driver)
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh..my..god.... This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Can we get a full-car picture?
PFF
System Bot
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Oh..my..god.... This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Can we get a full-car picture?

Thanks I appreciate it. I will get some pics up soon I still have the hood and ft bumper left to paint . Sail windows are in progress now!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you attach the vinyl to the A pillars? Spray adhesive? They look great!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah I would like to see how you streached it over the seatbelt part of the interior.( that is where I had the problems. The A pillars are the easy part
Oh and great painting!
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

How did you attach the vinyl to the A pillars? Spray adhesive? They look great!

I used DAP weldwood contact cement and it's definately not a fun job.

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by revin:

yeah I would like to see how you streached it over the seatbelt part of the interior.( that is where I had the problems. The A pillars are the easy part
Oh and great painting!

I'm just about complete with one side I will get pics up soon. Did you do yours on the stock interior trim panels or fiberglass chop top panels. I did the face of the trim first and let it dry for a day then I stated working all the easy sides and did the hard edges last. Definately wasent fun ! I agree pillars are cake! I'm using a heat gun too.

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics ?
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally finishing up the paint the nose hood and chin they will be painted next week . I also picked up a nice 58,000 miles Indy . I will get some good pictures out next week. I'm also waiting on my Fastback windows so it's getting close.

Chin Spoiler from Doug at Fierowarehouse

84 INDY 58,000 miles

------------------
84 INDY 4spd
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sneaky peeky !

Guys get your drool buckets ready,..this one rocks !
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Sneaky peeky !

Look man, you got a front row seat being so close. Dont tease us. Its hard enuff waiting on the pics. LOL
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Real nice job.. I hope to see the car at Daytona this March, or maybe one or the other cars in your stable.
PFF
System Bot
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCAREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW RON amazing as alwayshope you are well and about time you got back with the fiero lol hopefully I'll be down to daytona hopefully we shall see car looks amazing give me a call sometime love the mod with the rear deck lid and the player inside nice i have a few mods i want to get done to ole yeller but havnt had the time to get to them yet. Anyway have a merry christmas and hope to see ya soon.

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
New York Fiero Owners Club
PRESERVING THE SPIRIT OF THE FIERO
WWW.NYFOC.COM

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a little bit further , I just have the chin spoiler and headlight covers left to do. As far as the interior I just need carpet and leather seats and it's done!! I had to take a break from it I had a few other Fiero projects going on but I'm back on track.

------------------
84 INDY 4spd
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Real nice job.. I hope to see the car at Daytona this March, or maybe one or the other cars in your stable.

I will definately see you there in Daytona , I go every year but hardly ever bring a car usually they are in progress or sold around March bad luck I guess. This chop top will definately be there.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by ACSCAR:

WOW RON amazing as alwayshope you are well and about time you got back with the fiero lol hopefully I'll be down to daytona hopefully we shall see car looks amazing give me a call sometime love the mod with the rear deck lid and the player inside nice i have a few mods i want to get done to ole yeller but havnt had the time to get to them yet. Anyway have a merry christmas and hope to see ya soon.

Hey , hows the weather HA HA !! Guess I shouldn't ask. Merry Christmas I will give you a call definately come down in March .

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by exoticse:
Sneaky peeky !

Hows the 3.8 SC?? Any more progress? I need a ride when your done hopefully I will bring the chop to the Jan meeting. I'm drawing up the templates for the fastback windows today and sending out to Chris Cook for the final set.

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hows the 3.8 SC?? Any more progress? I need a ride when your done hopefully I will bring the chop to the Jan meeting. I'm drawing up the templates for the fastback windows today and sending out to Chris Cook for the final set.

Coming along slowly but surely !

Ron it would be awesome if you can make it to the next meeting ! I told the group and posted a link to your build thread and they are all really excited about getting to see your choptop.

The car is really turning out good !

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You hacked up a perfectly good car!? Whats wrong with you!? j/k

If I bring you mine.... will you do mine too?

[This message has been edited by Bump (edited 01-10-2011).]

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bump:

You hacked up a perfectly good car!? Whats wrong with you!? j/k

If I bring you mine.... will you do mine too?

Hey hey someone else already yelled at me for doing that too at least it didn't stay hacked up HA HA!!! Would love to help just remember you won't see your car for awhile I think I started in Aug and I'm still not done. Guess I'm unfocused with all the other Fiero projects I need to get back on track. I think it has 3 inches of dust on it .

------------------
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a little bit further , I just have the chin spoiler and headlight covers left to do. As far as the interior I just need carpet and leather seats and it's done!! I had to take a break from it I had a few other Fiero projects going on but I'm back on track.

Excellent. The wheels are perfect and match the aggressive stance!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock