Started on: 03-17-2010 10:08 PM
Replies: 253 (18613 views)
Last post by: unboundmo on 01-07-2014 02:17 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Step-by-step while I was at WCF.

Here you go Tony.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Madcurl... You should cruise with us down to San Diego for the BBQ on July 30th. Are you going to be in town?... Bring that nice ride of yours... like the one sitting at WCF

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 07-11-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Hey Madcurl... You should cruise with us down to San Diego for the BBQ on July 30th. Are you going to be in town?... Bring that nice ride of yours... like the one sitting at WCF

Sorry, but my boss demands at least a month notice.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but my boss demands at least a month notice.

Bosses can be a problem
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are developing new headers and exhaust for the LS4 engine installed into the fiero. More pictures to come.

Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merge collector welded to the pipes. Notice the notch in the pan for the exhaust pipe to pass by.

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By chance you have any old welding usable gas tanks you want to get rid of? with a regulator on it. Smallest (50lb or so) it can be empty-- of course.. Maybe the trip to San Diego I can take it off your hands... And of course, willing to pay for it.
------------------

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 07-22-2011).]

Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shop pet

We took out a Dick Landy 700 cubic inch blown Hemi, Installing a Ford V10 into a 57 Ranchero
The Hemi is going into a 72 dodge coronet 440

Headers for the install

Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LS3 Intake and Polished Throttle Body

This is a duel Disk Clutch we developed for the LS4 to the NSX trans
This Same Clutch will be used for the LS4 to the F40 trans

Headers for the LS4

PFF
System Bot
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headers look great Steve, you haven't lost your touch!

I had a chance to ride and drive the convertable in the previous pages.
It had to be the most solid feeling convertable Fiero that I've ever been in. A helluva lot of fun to drive!
Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you WCF for posting pics of your projects , fun to see all the different things you guys are doing there.

That Clutch looks real interesting , a twin disk with a strapped floater and PP. I look forward to hearing about its driveability vs the Tilton .

Steve as always welds are beautiful
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question about the acuators used on Curlys car. Can the travel be adjusted? Lets say I need 5" travel and they only come in 4" or 6". Do they have some sort of "stufer" or adjuster?
I am VERRRY interested in the headers and F40 LS4 combo
I got an LS1 intake for mine but shelved it for now.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of tweaking going on at WCF.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's Up at WCF? Making 13/14 brake set-ups.

13" rotors using Porshe 4-piston calipers:

A Tight fit

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update on the heades and clutch?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

update on the heades and clutch?

Both cars (NSX and F40) are still on the lift.

Meanwhile, WCF dropping in the NSX/LS3

This was a test fit and the plated shield was partly hitting the belt.

About four men were grunting and making weird noise trying to get the rod in, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Grunting continued:

F40/3800SC

14" rear rotors.

Another LS4 awaiting a Fiero cradle

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, VERY nice
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I LOVE the Fbody power steering in my 88GT.
I have the LS1 V8 rack or the WS6 packaged rack. It has a faster ratio than the V6 rack that came in the Firebirds and Camaro's.
I installed a rack in another 88GT that is from the V6 Camaro. It's ratio is slower so the car does not "feel" as snappy. And the steering effort is much lighter too. So IF you want less steering effort, get the V6 version. IF you want snappy steering, get the V8 version. They look exactly the same so you have to actually turn the steering input shaft from side to side and count the number of rotations to make sure you have the rack you want. The V8 is about 2.25 turns lock to lock and the V6 is about three turns lock to lock.
Both racks are better than the stock Fiero rack.

More info plz! N/M, I found it. Man a lot has changed in the few yrs I have been away!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-14-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30 or more Bizzards were seen flying above. It must've been some poor 2.8 or four banger sitting in a field about to die.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

30 or more Bizzards were seen flying above. It must've been some poor 2.8 or four banger sitting in a field about to die.

Or North Star...... cough LS4... cough LOL

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Coils under cover? More info?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure, but I would guess the coil pack will be located either on the right side (were the battery once was) or on the left side near the intake tube. From talking to WCF the owner wanted to go "hard core" on this build. He eliminated the plenum cover (thus exposing the ugly valve covers), purchased after market valve covers with the unwanted bolts holes, and drive-by-wire system. Thus when he floors the gas it won't hesitate. There's a lot more goodies not mentioned no doubt.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure, but I would guess the coil pack will be located either on the right side (were the battery once was) or on the left side near the intake tube. From talking to WCF the owner wanted to go "hard core" on this build. He eliminated the plenum cover (thus exposing the ugly valve covers), purchased after market valve covers with the unwanted bolts holes, and drive-by-wire system. Thus when he floors the gas it won't hesitate. There's a lot more goodies not mentioned no doubt.

It has the "old school" cable TB too. Painted plastic maniflold?
I do like the covers, would you know the brand name? I like the bolt holes on them, what do you mean by "unwanted bolt holes"? I would CNC "Fiero GT" on them and be happy with a Fiero Red finnish on them and some SS Torx head bolts. I dont know about all the Silver? That depends on the car color. But I sure like what has been done to it so far.

BTW, a set of sanitary snakes would sound good

Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last I talked with Chris , I think he said they planed on using the LS coil relocation bracket from CBM (Custom Built Motors ) and mounting on the end of the heads .

I believe those are Mast Motorsports valve covers from the picture.

hope that helps

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in town on Thur, will anyone be there?
I need to get one last thing done to the Fiero before the Coast Run. Talk about down to the wire, we are going on Fri.
MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris:

Any more thoughts about the Brembo E-brake kit?

Regards,

David

------------------
1987 Fiero GT - 2006 3800 Series III Drive by Wire; Ported & Polished by TrippleEdge; 1.7 Yella Terra Full Roller Rockers; VS Cam; Tuning by Darth; WCF CAI & 1 5/8 Stainless Headers, 3" Exhaust, Power Steering & Much More; MSD Coils & Wires; Porsche (Brembo) Calipers on 13" Viper Rotors; 18X8 TSW Indy Wheels; Paint by Phoenix Auto in California City.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LS4 contines:

Beautiful connectors:

NSX tranny.

Snaking it's way to the back:

Figuring out a plan:

Re-cut and weld for better placement:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-19-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
3800SC/F40:

It's a good thing for a auto shop to have another shop in the back that's a machinist.

Re-tapping to a 5/8". I guess an JippyLube in town tightened the oil plug to many times.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Somebody's car is in for some minor work.

Belts aren't aligned correctly and one is missing.

Haltech sofeware to control the air/fuel mixture.

Gauge:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-20-2011).]

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

holly crap! my wristwatch is faster than that old thing.... guess if it works it works...
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing good things WCF! Can't wait to see those cars run!
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, nice to see this car getting back on the road, now it needs the lights upgraded. Thanks Norm

------------------
Norm Vandermee

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly: I have not seen that car in years, is it the same owner or sold to new person?
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, there was a recent thread discussing this car a little while ago where it sat for a long time and is now sold to a new owner. no idea where that thread is. Thanks Norm
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly: I have not seen that car in years, is it the same owner or sold to new person?

The car has a new owner.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087207.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-20-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean (EX-president) decided to pay WCF a visit today. He appears to have "sleeper" with a 3.4 in the back.

Late night shop talk 21:00HR.

The original exhaust had a leak, so Dean opt for a better solution. Replace it with 2.5" exhaust from WCF.

Steve did the particulars and the outcome sweet to our ears using those mega tone tips.

The sound w/o the tip was boring, but with the mega pipes on it was like having a boom box next to your ears. Sweet.

IMHO the 3.4 sounded better than the 3800SC using the Mega tipes.

The Sleeper: 14" rollers.

I heard this was next for the rack.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I saw this ride at WCF.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors