Started on: 03-17-2010 10:08 PM
Replies: 253 (18618 views)
Last post by: unboundmo on 01-07-2014 02:17 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
During the past year, I've comprised several pictures of West Coast Fiero (WCF) during my frequent visits. Here are a few of those visits since 2009. I'm only posting things that I've found interesting for other to see and ENJOY.

PLEASE; DO NOT TROLL!

I guess I'll start off with this 1988 Fiero fastback. I've forgot which month it arrived, but it was sometime in Dec 2009. The owner is from New York and wanted WCF to install a 3800SC. Granted, he added a few more items like upgraded brakes and a rebuilt 5-speed.

Some body is getting a freshly rebuilt 3800SC.

I believe the 3800SC is going in as-soon-as the parts come from powder coating place;

Meanwhile, the 3800SC is coming together with ceramic coated exhaust;

Frame is all nice and prurdy.

The person came all the way for the Empire State;

The 3800Sc is getting a set of Koni adjustable struts.

A intake that's located behind the vent.

A 3800SC;

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-19-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 1987 blue fastback with a 3800SC series III. The owner was back for additional tweaking. WCF is installing paddle shifters and a few other items.

A Camero rack to be converted for a Fiero.

yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice pics
wish my car were as clean as either of those, lol

I cant wait til i have the cash to get the WCF coilovers and front drop springs
mmmmmmm
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice on the power steering. Any idea what WCF charges for that upgrade ?

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE the Fbody power steering in my 88GT.
I have the LS1 V8 rack or the WS6 packaged rack. It has a faster ratio than the V6 rack that came in the Firebirds and Camaro's.
I installed a rack in another 88GT that is from the V6 Camaro. It's ratio is slower so the car does not "feel" as snappy. And the steering effort is much lighter too. So IF you want less steering effort, get the V6 version. IF you want snappy steering, get the V8 version. They look exactly the same so you have to actually turn the steering input shaft from side to side and count the number of rotations to make sure you have the rack you want. The V8 is about 2.25 turns lock to lock and the V6 is about three turns lock to lock.
Both racks are better than the stock Fiero rack.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yashmack:

I cant wait til i have the cash to get the WCF coilovers and front drop springs
mmmmmmm

Step-by-step while I was at WCF.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... 7inch springs? Must be nice having smooth roads out there in Cali....
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Nice on the power steering. Any idea what WCF charges for that upgrade ?

A little research answers the question.

$195 for the power steering bracket and inner tie rod adapter.

Or

$695 for the full- time power steering unit.

http://www.westcoastfiero.c.../power_steering.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-18-2010).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Chris and Steven!!! Wuz Up!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a 2-man shop and answering the phone, they also do roll cages.

Excellent workmanship at WCF. I know where to go if I should ever need a roll cage.

Tight fit;

Distraction pics from WCF;

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heck they do everything in that shop.....hey Steven take a break and have some Campachana dude!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well lookie there. There's a turbo hooked up;

Too bad Pontiac killed our power steering, but Toyota didn't (don't bother asking if the p/s will work on a Fiero... it won't due to it being hooked up with the dash and computer).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I remember Exoticse having issues with his 2.8 starting. It just so happened that Songman was having the same issues with his 2.8 engine

Dale had to replace the pick-up coil and after replacing it- the car started right up. Dale had replaced the coil, module, distributor and other items, but the pick-up coil.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Side tracked: I spotted a set of Foose rims;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Currently at WCF: a brand new F40 tranny.

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume that F40 is for somebody who isn't exactly 'local' ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I assume that F40 is for somebody who isn't exactly 'local' ?

No. WCF wants to get the "green" light from the CARB to approve (their) swap using the 3800SC. WCF has already performed this task for all 3800SC using their set-up. As-is all other venders aren't too concerned about Fiero enthusiast wanting a legal engine swap- thus they ignore this untapped field and focus on the other 49-states. The only other company that gives a damn is D1S, but Kevin is some how too hard to reach these days and many not wanting a N* automatic.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-21-2010).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... That's just awesome

I certainly hope they get it through - it'll definitely alleviate some people's apprehensions about that kind of work. They have my support.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always I was side tracked, hehe.

Today, I rode in a 5.3 V8 automatic at WCF. The next motor I'll get will be this one and installed by Chris West.

Snap that neck!

On Thursday, the owner is headed to the Referee for CA strict engine swap testings.

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris and Steve! Yall doin good things. See ya soon. I hope you get the F40 tranny approved before I put this Auto in my car. Can't wait. I already know of four people who would do this swap with that tranny. Keep us posted.

Fakhri
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Side tracked continued; Some body is getting a freshly rebuilt 3800SC.

More distractions; WCF V8 turbo. These guys are talented. Chris and I talked about a few tweaks for the fiberglass scoop (sorry, I didn't tkae pics of that).

I suggested to Chris to use the scoop here on MotorTV's notchback, but tweak the vent wider

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped by WCF today. It looks like the 88 GT is nearly completed. I heard them start it up last week.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old pics from a West Coast Run. I think it was 2004?

John Tennay's car.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Keith Huff's

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So WCF is trying to get the L67/F40 combo to be Cali-legal? Or is it the LS4/F40 that they're gonna try?

[This message has been edited by Isolde (edited 04-02-2010).]

Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET! I dig the silver painted cradle on the first car...that really pops. You guys have Fiero heaven out there in Cali, I would move there if you weren't the only state more screwed up than Illinois!!!
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is a new bolt pattern cut into the Foose wheels, I am pretty sure they don't come in 5x100, look many times in hope , or are the hubs adapted for the bolt pattern of the wheels?

Chris
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris has the 3800 s/c with auto only cali-smog legal... BUT we want the manual trans to be legal too and that's what I think he's working on...

Chris with the yellow and foose wheels has different hubs on I think... I'll ask next time I talk to him.

-----------
Madcurl.. I thought you lived out of state?

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 04-02-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eph_kay:

Is a new bolt pattern cut into the Foose wheels, I am pretty sure they don't come in 5x100, look many times in hope , or are the hubs adapted for the bolt pattern of the wheels?

Chris

The Foose wheel are 5x100 on a 19" rear rim. I believe the fronts are 18s. Exoticse and others have looked into the rim selection and the result; 19 is the largest size in the 5x100 pattern. Granted, that was several years ago so they may have moved up to a 20? Either way, I must say it is truly- a nice looking rim. I starred at them for hours.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
San Simeon, CA

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Wow... 7inch springs? Must be nice having smooth roads out there in Cali....

Cali roads are anything but smooth.

Driving a MINI Cooper S with runflats through L.A. streets/freeways (or the Highway 101) is guranteed to realign your spine.

The sad part is, we don't even have an excuse. It's not like we have frost/snow, or even "winter" in most of California.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by madcurl:

I still hope Chris West will keep the lexan see-through intake. I think that was the most striking feature of the Olds V8 Turbo swap.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear in ]2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees":[/B]
1st place Work in Progress - Chris West's newest monster

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 04-04-2010).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see a dyno run of this trick engine. You say this is hooked up to a 6 spped? Pease clarify if you can.

Cordially,
Kevin
Talonzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TalonzzSend a Private Message to TalonzzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can they do the 3800 sc swap to a 5 spd if it is out of state?
MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Folks:

The trick engine above is attached to a 5-speed NSX transmission with a multi-disk clutch. No dyno runs yet.

The car is very interesting and really fast.

Regards,

David
MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MountainHiBlue87GT

369 posts
Member since Jan 2009
The answer to the question about a non California 3800 manual swap is yes.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-15-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave