Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADSPEED: THE BEAUTIFICATION OF A NOTCHBACK (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADSPEED: THE BEAUTIFICATION OF A NOTCHBACK by exoticse
Started on: 10-06-2011 02:18 PM
Replies: 95 (6804 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 10-31-2013 08:53 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you ready ?!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-06-2011).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God damnit I love that car!

More!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

God damnit I love that car!

More!!!

Ok

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, the front end does not match the rest of the car. If you split it with a line, both ends look beautiful, but personally not meant for eachother. Loving the sunroof though.

Edit: after looking at the second batch of pictures, I would just change the rear bumper to something a bit flatter and lower to the ground. Does not appear to match the rest of the car in my eyes. Still a very beautiful car.

Edit #2: Any info on that wing?

[This message has been edited by Shill (edited 10-06-2011).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! What happened to the front lip?

So what exactly is in store for that beast? I know I'll be watching to find out!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

Personally, the front end does not match the rest of the car. If you split it with a line, both ends look beautiful, but personally not meant for eachother. Loving the sunroof though.

My friend, .....be patient the Re-beautification will be a thing to behold !

(sings) Cha, cha,.Changes,........

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-06-2011).]

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

My friend, .....be patient the Re-beautification will be a thing to behold !

I thought this was a finished project already, did not notice the crack in the front end. Good luck! You do some amazing work I expect it will be amazing when you are through.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Ouch! What happened to the front lip?

So what exactly is in store for that beast? I know I'll be watching to find out!

Speedy, the original owner, cracked it at a west coast event years ago.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Favorited.
Glad to see this twin-charged beast is getting some Mad Love!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd almost kill for a Norms Flipper if I didn't have my vents. I'm not a real fan of blue on Fiero's, but that first pic is enough to convert me. Are you going to be upgrading the lights to projectors? What's the info on the sunroof? I'd almost consider doing something like that to mine if the time, money and know-how ever decided to magically appear.

About the only thing I'm not hip on with this car is the doors. I'm not a fan of scissors on anything but a Lambo, and even then, it has to be a 'vert.
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:
What's the info on the sunroof? I'd almost consider doing something like that to mine if the time, money and know-how ever decided to magically appear.

Originally posted by Songman:

He has no idea what the sunroof came out of. It was given to him by a guy at the shop next to his body shop. Apparently the guy was going to trash them or something and he asked John if he wanted them. Next thing you know there is a power sunroof in a Fiero.

Previous thread with some more info on this ride:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044129.html
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
Previous thread with some more info on this ride:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044129.html

Nice, I saw the quote you posted and haven't had the chance to go much further than that. I'll finish reading it later when I have the chance to actually read it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out with the old and in with the new.

Car was sitting too low to get the jack underneath so had to settle for a side by side view for the time being

A look at them on the rears

These wheels will actually go on the fronts, but a nice sneak peek nonetheless.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-13-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Needs a little TLC.

You can barely make-out the carbon material on the super charger.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

Edit: after looking at the second batch of pictures, I would just change the rear bumper to something a bit flatter and lower to the ground. Does not appear to match the rest of the car in my eyes. Still a very beautiful car.

Can't agree more. I know is not finished but I have seen some others like that. That bottom line on the car must follow front to back. I see that mistake all the time. You drop one and then you need to drop the whole thing or it will look wrong. You won't find any exotic/factory with that mismatch. Those new wheels look great. How is that intercooler routed? Or is it a turbo+SC?

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 10-13-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Can't agree more. I know is not finished but I have seen some others like that. That bottom line on the car must follow front to back. I see that mistake all the time. You drop one and then you need to drop the whole thing or it will look wrong. You won't find any exotic/factory with that mismatch. Those new wheels look great. How is that intercooler routed? Or is it a turbo+SC?

Guys just forget how the car looks now,...it will look nothing like the current vehicle.

Most of the exterior stuff is going bye, bye.

It will get a complete Redux.

BTW if you like the wheels wait till you see the rears !

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you start selling pieces, let me know. I like the look of the car, and have been eyeballing a notchie lately.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me, or does the exhaust down tube spacing look like a series 1 3800?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I talked with the guys @ WCF about this car (I was considering buying it), I was told it was a Series I
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a beautiful car. I think the color really works on it.

Personally I like the GT style better, but that is just me. There are some great looking Notchies out there and this is one. I also don't like the big mouth look, reminds me too much of the Camaro, but, once again, that is just my personal preference.

However, those headlight are great. That is the best headlight treatment I have ever seen on a Fiero. I don't really care that much for pop-up headlights, to me it's like putting out the speed breaks on an aircraft every time you turn on the lights (although my wife likes pop-ups and doesn't want me to change them).

I followed the link provided about but did not see anything in the thread about the headlight creation. Does anyone know if there is a thread about these headlights anywhere?

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:

Is it just me, or does the exhaust down tube spacing look like a series 1 3800?

It is a series 1 engine with beefed up goodies. Car was reportedly dynoed at over 450 hp.

As of this time none of the parts will be for sale.

The headlights you were asking about are just the basic ones that come with the Norm's nose, they are getting changed.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:
I followed the link provided about but did not see anything in the thread about the headlight creation. Does anyone know if there is a thread about these headlights anywhere?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the headlights came like that when you bought Norm's front end. His newer headlight design is different now. Look here

http://www.normsfiberglass.com/fiero.html
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sneak Peek:

The car will receive the MadArch notchback wide body treatment.

The paint will be flat satin black with high gloss black accents (same as wheels).
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
It is a series 1 engine with beefed up goodies. Car was reportedly dynoed at over 450 hp.

As of this time none of the parts will be for sale.

The headlights you were asking about are just the basic ones that come with the Norm's nose, they are getting changed.

If those headlight covers and buckets are still usable after you remove them I might be interested in buying them. Keep me in mind when you take them out.
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey if you are getting rid of the sidescoops and rockers, lmk. I'd like to buy them
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the headlights came like that when you bought Norm's front end. His newer headlight design is different now. Look here

http://www.normsfiberglass.com/fiero.html

Thanks for the link, that is a nice looking front-end. I've always liked tilt front-ends.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheels (with tires) for sale $400 plus shipping.

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, so please let the cat out of the bag - did you buy this one Tony, or is there some other person out there that you are posting for. I remember following the thread when this was built, and really fell in love with the power plant. The flipper front has never been one of my favorites in the stock form. But the engine itself

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 10-13-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No hub centric needed for HRE. Bore hub is 57.1

Fronts test fit thanks to a little wooden help.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Regardless of what front end is used, it will need to be flared to match the front tires.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As mentioned before the car will receive the MadArch notchback wide body treatment. A change of plan now includes KEEPING the Norms flip up nose.

Headlight will be upgraded to Norm's Second Generation headlamps or the Corvettes.

The paint will be flat satin black with high gloss black accents (same as wheels)

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-20-2011).]

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Okay, so please let the cat out of the bag - did you buy this one Tony, or is there some other person out there that you are posting for.

What he said ^^^^^^^^
The Warden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The WardenSend a Private Message to The WardenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Really good looking car!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

What he said ^^^^^^^^

Oh i am sorry,..did i leave that part out ??
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Second dibs on the side scoops if the other fella doesnt buy them!

EDIT: Oh and lower rockers!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 10-20-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where the glass will get slung.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-20-2011).]

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is happening to all the pictures people post. they get transformed into little red X's in white boxes
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is a problem with pip, Cliff will get it fixed.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh and beefy meat !

HRE 445

A 2.5" lip vs. 5" lip.

Rim width: 12"
Tire width: 12.6"

There's a .3" over hang, but it's not enough to protect the wheel from curb rash

225/40/18 vs. 315/30/18

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-25-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay