Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Making Sail Panels (A pictorial, caution dial up) (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Making Sail Panels (A pictorial, caution dial up) by pokeyfiero
Started on: 07-23-2008 03:43 AM
Replies: 173 (14702 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 03-07-2017 10:13 PM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has now been 360 days of trying to get the ******* plastic former to return the molds.

Chris wants me to be patient with the guy because any suggestions to be aggressive are not welcomed.

At this point I am wondering what actual legalities are involved. Chris Has demanded the molds returned and the guy has just brushed him off.
At what point is this guy committing a crime?

I fear the guy will just say they were lost or some such story and that will be that.
So I am reluctant to escalate the issue legally.

Life was so much easier when I didn't play by the worlds rules. I'm getting depressed over this **** .
IP: Logged
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think if you can prove they are your molds I would take the police with you and pick them up with out notifiying the current holder of the mold. If you go without the police, assuming they will accompany you, the molds may disaapear when you do come back with them. I am not a lawyer but did actually stay at a holiday inn last night
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lorne's right, bringing the cops with you will scare the dude from hiding anything.

I wouldn't want the cops at my door or business demanding goods or property and
having folks see that I am involved in something. The image isn't good for PR.

Pressing charges may speed up the process, but I guess just being strait and politely
demanding those molds could end peacefully.

Pokey, I know that these molds mean a lot to you, I just hope its not to late.
I know you have lots of work tied up into this project. I assume many GT
owners here think the same.

Let us know what happens.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about we start a fund to buy some plane tickets and the cost of a rental car to get some volunteers and the owner of the molds back home with the molds in the trunk ? I hate to see people getting screwed over. It's time for the nice guy to finish first, not last. There has to be something that can be done to help this guy out.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you not quietly assemble all your documentation as to your ownership of the molds, including anything you have outside of this forum, request an office visit with a Magistrate Judge to get an unofficial opinion as to the validity and strength of your case? If it's favorable to you, obtain a warrant asking that the molds be seized by the local Sheriff's office and if necessary, put into receivership until the case is settled? I think with that method, there will be no warning that the molds will be taken from their hands, therefore less chance of hiding or destroying them. You would have to have very strong proof of their location and who's in possession to obtain that search warrant.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to my lawyer(not really my lawyer yet) the way to do this is to send a couple registered letters to all parties blah blah then bring suit against Both Chris and the thermo molder.

I have no intention of bringing Chris into this mess legally. The guy is ****ing him as much as me.
Apparently though when Chris took the "JOB" even though it was just to help us all out the court will see it as his responsibility also.
Truly,no good deed goes unpunished.

The Lawyer is certain we will win and get judgement but the Judgement is going to likely be on Chris. That is just bullshit right there.
So basically my suit against thermo ******* could be dropped because the Judge will see Chris as liable first.

This is not going to happen.

Last night I was thinking maybe if both Chris and I file suit together it only goes after the thermo molder.
So I need to call and talk about this with lawyer. If he agrees I am also getting my 150 bucks back for not telling me this yesterday.
****ing lawyers! I hate them and I have had a lot of them. Even when they are on your side they are against you.

So another problem is there may be a third party. The molds are supposedly in a warehouse with all the guys equipment in storage.
There is a chance we could get an order to remove them from that property but also if the storage place is owed money I would have to negotiate with them to remove the molds and this is after they are established as my property.

I think I am being tested. I'm trying my best to do things the right way here.

All this **** has to do is get up off his ass and turn the molds over to Chris and everything would be fine.
But nooo. We got to do all this crap.
This has the potential to really be a big mess because I'm not going to drop it mess be damned.

I just wanted to learn about making sail panels.
That's all. It was so much fun until things started crashing.
Well ,I am learning a lot more than I bargained for.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any good news?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2016 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am afraid that it may be too late
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whether it maybe too late or not in my book Theft is Theft.
go after the culprit legally (of course Lol)
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that slammed turned out to be a crook, is there an update on this pokey mold drama?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

Now that slammed turned out to be a crook, is there an update on this pokey mold drama?

WOW.........Outed as a crook. She stole someones money? I didn't see that. Where is that posted?

And no there is no update. Chris West refuses to assist in getting the molds back from his friend that was supposed to do the molding.

I have spoken to the man and he really couldn't care less so I am just going to have to drop in on the fellow and talk to him personally.
Being 6 hours away doesn't make it convenient but when I have time I'm certain something will get worked out once the guy understands it is important to me.

As far as Chris West goes I believe he has a moral responsibility to handle this situation but
it isn't on me. That is his choice. Known the guy for 13 years but not really I guess.
I thought more of him and this leaves me at a loss.
Really don't understand his stance. Still hoping something changes with him.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I am just going to have to drop in on the fellow and talk to him personally.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really wish this didn't fall through.. I was hoping... But .. Go figure
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been trying to get Jim Quinn from Plastic sales (714)375-7900 of huntington beach ca Chris West's friend to return my Panels for a long long time.
He has consistently blown me off and has never once called me back . Every time I call that is what he says we will do be he never does mso if he won't even call back I can't expect he will ever lift a finger to return my molds.

Neither Jim Quinn or Chris West seem to care even the slightest about returning my property.

this week I intend to file against both Chris West of West Coast Fiero and Jim Quinn of Plastic sales in small claims court for the actual costs of molds and RandD to create them.
Unfortunately I believe there is a $15000 cap on these. The good news is they will have to travel up here to my Court to appear or I think I get the judgement automatically.

It would be so much easier for either of them to just take the time to return the property but this is the way it has to be I suppose.
I certainly don't want it this way. Even if I get the judgement doesn't mean anything. I wont get the molds back and they probably wont pay and force me to go after them with garnishments or assets.

In other words no one will win and that is a sad way to have to do things. This is an upsetting way to deal with this but I see no choice.

My apologies to the Fiero community in advance.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock