Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any and all things 3.4 DOHC........... (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 32 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any and all things 3.4 DOHC........... by pavo_roddy
Started on: 11-22-2006 12:30 AM
Replies: 1247 (67327 views)
Last post by: fliphone on 01-06-2024 02:30 PM
formulamoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulamoeSend a Private Message to formulamoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
93 DOHC in 87 Fiero. My A/C request turns on the FAN but does not engage the clutch. I tried to put two 10K resistors between pin C and pins A and B, but I do not think that 2.5Volts is the right value.
could someone tell me the voltage on pin C of the A/C pressure transducer when the A/C is operating correctly?
Thanks

I own page 12!!

[This message has been edited by formulamoe (edited 10-13-2007).]

IP: Logged
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gotta but in here for a min, anyone know witch way the threds are on this bolt? its allmost striped out

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 10-16-2007).]

slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or does it not come out..... my first dohc sorry.
Delirius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeliriusSend a Private Message to DeliriusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to drill that bolt out.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Normal bolt, really fricken tight. Get a spare socket and weld it to the bolt if its too stripped. Whats a socket at autozone 4-5$? a worthy investment.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2007 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
15mm Its normally threaded. Use heat and it will come off. Light a propain torch and heat it for about 15 seconds without melting the belt. Then use a breaker bar and a .5" socket. Then repeat with the motor in the car
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont have a welder so i might just drill it out its pritty striped, thanks guys
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 12-05-2008).]

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there anything other than the stock harmonic damper available for our motors?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A company used to make under drive pulleys, but has stropped. I don't know if any other under drive pulleys from other engines work, I'd bet that some do.
PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FFP stopped making under drive pullies? Hot damn, I should get in the buisness!
sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

A company used to make under drive pulleys, but has stropped. I don't know if any other under drive pulleys from other engines work, I'd bet that some do.

Not talking about the pulley, I mean the damper (the part the pulley bolts to).
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am wondering if anyone has delt with the later manifolds with air pump provisions. Im not going to run a pump, so I guess I need to find a plug for the holes in the manifold, Has anyone delt with this issue?
sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I am wondering if anyone has dealt with the later manifolds with air pump provisions. I'm not going to run a pump, so I guess I need to find a plug for the holes in the manifold, Has anyone dealt with this issue?

By "later", do you mean '91 - '93? I wasn't aware any of the '94 - '97 motors had pumps. If it's a '91 - '93 manifold I'll trade you a non AIR manifold and we can just pay shipping to each other.

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd bet someone in CA would pay good money for those AIR manifolds, they are pretty hard to come by.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He bought a 96-97 engine if I am not mistaken... Interesting that it has those...
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess by later I should say newer. Kind back asswards the way I said it. Its a 96 engine. So most engines dont have air manifolds? I had thought that with 94 and up almost all had the air injection.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
As some may see by the picture, I also need a water outlet for the pump.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have a water manifold thingy for you. PM me your phone number, I'll be in Oconomowoc this comming weekend you can come over and scavenge through my spare parts or pick up that water outlet if your around. And neither of the 94-95 engines that I have seen had the air **** on them. Im suprised its on the 96. And quit pussy footing around and build some headers!
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

I may have a water manifold thingy for you. PM me your phone number, I'll be in Oconomowoc this comming weekend you can come over and scavenge through my spare parts or pick up that water outlet if your around. And neither of the 94-95 engines that I have seen had the air **** on them. Im suprised its on the 96. And quit pussy footing around and build some headers!

Well, I do have a good friend thats a welder...
PFF
System Bot
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if Jeff doesn't have one. Shipping and it's your's.
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Emc, if he does not take it I really need one too zip code 95624 LMK

Thanks RUNDLC
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...California! ... California!

If he doesn't need I'd be happy to ship it your way.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul you trying to copy my avatar? Ah yes... The dark side of REVS!
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2007 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha, no I actually thought about that after I changed it. Seriously no I wasn't. I have an Enzo gauge as my AIM icon. So I changed to that icon and then thought... I think the RX7 guage would look sexy there. So I found the new icon and then I realized it looked alot like yours. Sorry, if it bothers you let me know and I'll put the other one back up.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was giving you **** . Now come and diagnose my car's idle.
sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As there apparently are no upgrades for our dampers, I've been looking at getting mine rebuilt. I think I'm going with http://members.aol.com/damperdoc/ . My damper is off a crate motor that's never been started, but it looks like it was used as a weight for a lobster pot. This outfit does black powder coating while it's apart. He'll do any color if you supply the powder. $80.00 with the powder coating or $65.00 without.
Delirius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeliriusSend a Private Message to DeliriusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been searching around and I haven't found an affordable or complete rebuild kit for the LQ1. Can anyone direct me to a such place?
Delirius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeliriusSend a Private Message to DeliriusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Delirius:

I've been searching around and I haven't found an affordable or complete rebuild kit for the LQ1. Can anyone direct me to a such place?

try gmpartsdirect.com

PFF
System Bot
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'll need to find a water outlet thinger. Emc209i, still got one? anyone else?
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just checking the 3.4 has a 1.25in radiator hose right?
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, sorry about that Dave, I really thought that my spare engine had one on it, but I guess not. Keep us updated on the swap!
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does the spare engine have an alternator?
Delirius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeliriusSend a Private Message to DeliriusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

try gmpartsdirect.com

I've been searching that site for engine kits, and they do not have them. Actually I'm in need of a re-ring set. I tried autozone they had very nice prices how ever they do not ship to Sweden.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Delirius:
I've been searching that site for engine kits, and they do not have them. Actually I'm in need of a re-ring set. I tried autozone they had very nice prices how ever they do not ship to Sweden.

Well, If you wanted to paypal me the money or send it to me for parts and shipping, I could get them for you and send them to you.PM me if interested

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-22-2007).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-22-2007).]

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't someone make a gapless ring kit for the 3.4? I could have sworn they did? Sealed Power maybe? I see you posted on 60degree, you should try searching over there for the gapless ring kit.

And no the spare engine doesnt have an alternator, the engine is in pieces, basically it is a short block right now with a few odds and ends on it. I just thought that the coolent thing was still on it, but I guess crate engines dont come with those on them.

Edit: check this out for info on gaples rings: http://www.60degreev6.com/s...hlight=gapless+rings Maybe that isnt a good route to go?

[This message has been edited by fieromadman (edited 10-22-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 32 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock