Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. by madcurl
Started on: 09-08-2004 03:48 PM
Replies: 458 (35351 views)
Last post by: Robb Craige on 08-19-2013 08:24 AM
fierce_gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is there anyway to have the doors go straight up? not swing out first. i really, really, REALLY dislike them swinging out and then up. you guys think there would be any way to modify the windows or roof so the doors could just flip straight up? i think that would be the best, and most useful door mod.
IP: Logged
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

is there anyway to have the doors go straight up? not swing out first. i really, really, REALLY dislike them swinging out and then up. you guys think there would be any way to modify the windows or roof so the doors could just flip straight up? i think that would be the best, and most useful door mod.

i'm sure its possible but there is alot of custom work there..
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

That's different VDC set-up similar to the Real Lamborghini doors and will not work with a Fiero w/o major modification due tot he Fiero roof line being in the way. Otherwise.....?

Edit: I forgot. This is a Fiero "only" thread.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-04-2006).]

AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
That's different VDC set-up similar to the Real Lamborghini doors and will not work with a Fiero w/o major modification due tot he Fiero roof line being in the way. Otherwise.....?

Dihedral-syncro-helix actuation doors is the proper term for them.

weird name... lol

i could actually make a kit to do that... that was one of my designes, to make it come out and up like that..
Intel

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had an opportunity to take look at a stripped koenigsegg and I don't think there's any way you can make a bolt on hinge that works like that on the fiero without cutting up the entire car.
The koenigsegg mechanism goes into the front fender and a long way into the frame.... there's gas shocks and aluminum/titanium arms everywhere and I couldn't even figure out how the latch works, it loose and moves a bit, I think the latch has gas shocks inside the door to pull the door down and in into position.
The door just twist into closed position in one motion, it's like it's attached to a huge threaded bolt but still not beause the door even moves backwards when closing it.
It works so smooth it's ridiculous! If anyone builds a bolt on kit that work like those, I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy a set...or two.
As it is know I don't like the lambo kits, to flimsy and most of them has the "open out and lift up" motion. I bought a kit of eBay to put on a c5 Corvette but I ended up selling it to a Honda guy that moded it to fit his car.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Intel:

I've had an opportunity to take look at a stripped koenigsegg and I don't think there's any way you can make a bolt on hinge that works like that on the fiero without cutting up the entire car.
The koenigsegg mechanism goes into the front fender and a long way into the frame.... there's gas shocks and aluminum/titanium arms everywhere and I couldn't even figure out how the latch works, it loose and moves a bit, I think the latch has gas shocks inside the door to pull the door down and in into position.
The door just twist into closed position in one motion, it's like it's attached to a huge threaded bolt but still not beause the door even moves backwards when closing it.
It works so smooth it's ridiculous! If anyone builds a bolt on kit that work like those, I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy a set...or two.
As it is know I don't like the lambo kits, to flimsy and most of them has the "open out and lift up" motion. I bought a kit of eBay to put on a c5 Corvette but I ended up selling it to a Honda guy that moded it to fit his car.

i need a close up view of how it works... video would be nice too heh.. i'm sure its possible.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tina's car at the Dells Show 2006.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got another email today. Summers' here and people want to "spread their wings."
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just love this swedish car. Too bad I dont have 400k euro...

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 06-09-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally we have some new blood.

Chris S. VDC at the Westfest 2006 show sportin' Foose rims.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get your wings up.

Chris Sideris' car sportin' VDC and w/o the kid in the pic, hehe.

Detailed pic of the Decah VDC for the Fiero

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Artero.

Unsure of owner.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Whose car is this??? I like it...a lot.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Whose car is this??? I like it...a lot.

That's Allan's car. He didn't make it to the KitKat show in San Leandro 2006 but, he might next year?

BERKELUSA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BERKELUSAClick Here to visit BERKELUSA's HomePageSend a Private Message to BERKELUSAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think this VDC would look ODD on a convertible?

------------------

Rob's two Fieros will eventually be one 6" longer convertible

helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Angel_Valentino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Angel_ValentinoSend a Private Message to Angel_ValentinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who has butterfly Doors? Anyone? I searched I called but nothing, I would be extremely impressed w/ butterflies. ( For example Mercedes McLaren, Mclaren F1 etc...)

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Angel_Valentino:

Who has butterfly Doors? Anyone? I searched I called but nothing, I would be extremely impressed w/ butterflies. ( For example Mercedes McLaren, Mclaren F1 etc...)

OMG, I need a new pair of these:

The body panels fold DOWN on the sides? DAAANG!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics borrowed from the Pont Gretna, NE show 2006

Tran Fiero was there with his car....and took Best of Class....

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like how high the doors go on Tran's car.
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Artero.

Unsure of owner.

PRETTY!

I know a guy with one of them Artero rebodys...... He should do that forsure...

but pi** on the lambo emblems!

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no aftermarket company makes them yet, i have a design for a kit though should be able to make it yet this year.. since i actually have some money now..
xgamefan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xgamefanSend a Private Message to xgamefanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once you see how they actually work its pretty easy. Try surfin for vertical doors on the net and look for installation instructions. They will give you pic that you could blowup and print then make you own. I have a homemade pair on my probe, they open just far enough to clear the inside door handle and go up almost to 90 degrees. 40 dollars in steel, and regular gas charged door struts (I used 2 150lb on each). placement of the struts is challenging, I had to drill and tap a couple of holes but then just welded them up before painting. Tunerracing or GT factory are also good options, they are simple bolt together components that anyone could make in their home garage.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate posting so close to that beautiful car above me, but here is my latest project. I just bought it and I have a lot to learn about Lambo doors. One of the brackets joining the strut to the hinge popped, so the door does not stay up.

The door does not open very wide or high, and I am not sure of what kind of hinge it is. I think he said something about being a Honda kit or something. Any experts out there?

More photos coming when I get her on the road (hopefully next week)

------------------
V8 "FinIERO" Fino Kit - www.finiero.com -
'87 T-top - soon to become the new "FinIERO" (fin-'yeah-row) donor car
'86 GT V8
'87 GT

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The biggest problem is one hinge is on the roof. Kinda hard to do with a car that has no window frame.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tina's doors up.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-18-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been nearly a month.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump n' yo balls, hehe.
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump n' yo balls, hehe.

I wish I knew where those came from
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump n' yo balls, hehe.

BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow.

i just spent a whoooole lot of time looking at the AMAZING cars on this thread. i have to say, i am very blown away! buuuut it also makes me kind of sad because i have no money

and Saxman, OMG! that is the most beautiful purple car color ive ever seen!!!!! holy crap!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
D7:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-25-2007).]

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Thanks for the information FieroGTRwideboby. Do you know what year of civic predrilled? Found these on Decah website
1992 - 1995 Honda Civic also Del Sol
1996 - 2000 Honda Civic
2001 - 2005 Honda Civic
Could be the same?

Bump cause I'm wondering the same thing.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am 90% sure that it is the 92-95 predrilled kit. Although half of the drilled wholes lined up it is not a direct bolt on, there is modification required.

Hope that helps.

Alex
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much sir I saw earlier in the thread about the modifications. May have to talk to my body shop guy.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New entry: Fierogtrouge Fiero using the G-Factory VDC kit.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Thank you very much sir I saw earlier in the thread about the modifications. May have to talk to my body shop guy.

Any reputable body shop, (or anyone capable of welding 3/8" to 1/2" steel) should be able to make the modifications.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock