Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. by madcurl
Started on: 09-08-2004 03:48 PM
Replies: 458 (35352 views)
Last post by: Robb Craige on 08-19-2013 08:24 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics of chop top # 11, aka the SIlver chop top, getting it's scissor doors on. These pics were previously posted, but lost when a forum member who was hosting them, left the forum,....... enjoy.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-08-2005).]

IP: Logged
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's VDC's website?
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

What's VDC's website?

You mean decah.net? (they sell the vdc kit)

helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

This car belongs to a member of our club (Southwest Idaho Fiero Club). Some other info on the car:

Built on an 87 coupe chassis
Northstar w/ Caddy auto tranny
PISA wraparound dash
Mr. Mikes leather
Shaved door handles w/ remote poppers
Front/rear coilovers & 12" brakes

Probably more that I can't remember right now too

Here's an engine bay shot for everyone:

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

[This message has been edited by helmet1978 (edited 05-10-2005).]

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You gotta love that Union Jack on the back decklid glass!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tina's VDC Fiero.

Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://decah.net doesn't list a specific one for the Fiero. Are you using an existing model they have that works from another car? Or are they just not listing the one they have for a Fiero?
-clint
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Clint:

http://decah.net doesn't list a specific one for the Fiero. Are you using an existing model they have that works from another car? Or are they just not listing the one they have for a Fiero?
-clint

They are now using two types. #11 has the first universal type. I forgot which one they used. The second one is a upgraded one which allows for more vertical movement and outward while opening the door. XS Custom in FL uses the DECAH kit...but modified it too death. Their web page is down.

Edit: pic of newer style:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-13-2005).]

Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#11? That's not listed on their site.
-clint
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Clint:

#11? That's not listed on their site.
-clint

He's referring to #11 as the # of the choptops that ARCHIE did... #11 is Madcurls silver choptop..
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052590.html

Need to add that Madcurl also owns #15... and another one too... (redux)(not chopped yet...)

------------------
Choptop WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics of Tina's VDC.

PFF
System Bot
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

More pics of Tina's VDC.

sorry to highjack, but anyone know where to get a support like this one to take a wheel off? or was this custom made?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, time for some new Fiero vdc pics. Stay tuned.
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LITEDAZE:

sorry to highjack, but anyone know where to get a support like this one to take a wheel off? or was this custom made?

Custom. If you wanna call it that.

A word from the wise though ... Cutting something like this, even if you got a entireAuto shop's tools. Ain't going to happen.
Trust me ... I tried. Guess I am stubborn. Not as stubborn as this stuff though.
(Well perhaps if you had a week, and nothing else to do)
Your best bet is finding a company that cuts steel for a living. I watched while they cut, or better just pressed it apart. Amazing.

Tina

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you can buy Helds. Look here for show-stands http://www.heldmotorsports.com/new.html
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Another bump from the late nite crew!! I must confess that I was never a believer in this mod, but I've turned the tide sorta speak...I would want this mod now!!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, time for some new Fiero vdc pics. Stay tuned.

Enjoy.

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!!! I want more pics of this....

needs a bump before it's archived!

------------------

www.FieroLoki.com
Yahoo! = michael_from_tx | MSN = red85gt@hotmail.com | AOL = fieroloki1976

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sppy's at 2005 Westest

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Loki:

OMG!!! I want more pics of this....

Look here for more pics----> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032834.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2005 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more to nibble on.

PFF
System Bot
dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2005 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

needs a bump before it's archived!

OMG i love your dash kit... which one is it?
I could see paying 1200 for it... maybe even 1500.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2005 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dezie36:

OMG i love your dash kit... which one is it?
I could see paying 1200 for it... maybe even 1500.

You'll need to head south 900 miles to XS Custom in FL. 727 548- 5800. Talk to Jerry.

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Am i imagining things or do your doors reach higher than most ? THat is a good thing by the way if it is true hehehe.

Whose hinges did you use Godfather and did you install them yourself ?

Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good. I'm a big fan of scissor doors. Does anyone else thinks spddy's car on the first page looks like a transformer with everything oepened up?
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse - I'm not sure if they open higher but there universal hinges I got from decah that I modified to fit and installed them myself .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Any more pics? Did you get the stronger struts?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay. #15 joins the "Lambo group."

Both doors up...please.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need more pics of your cars, madcurl!
How's the one with the cool front coming along? (modified lights n such)

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure madcurl if there the stronger ones , but you need to use 2 hands to pull the door down .
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Not sure madcurl if there the stronger ones , but you need to use 2 hands to pull the door down .

Two hands? How hard is it to lift them? Mine are "two-finger" doors... (unless you try to open the door upwards while you are sitting IN the car.

Do uya have a pic of the struts?

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroRumor- They goe up easy with very little effort but if you are standing outside the car or even sitting in it , it takes some effort to pull them down . I'll take some pics of the struts and post them .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

This time around I purchased the stronger ones. Why? The ones on #11 are adequate but with the modified door panel, there is more weight. Also, the strut that is used is the same one found in newer car VDC doors. The Fiero doors are heavier, so I bumped-up to these. I can use my fat body weight to lower the door once I’m inside the car.

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay. #15 joins the "Lambo group."

Both doors up...please.

Do you have any more pics of this car? I remember when you started working on it and wanted to see the results 'cause it looked AWESOME.
I REALLY want to see what it looks like from the side.

Thanks!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:

Do you have any more pics of this car? I remember when you started working on it and wanted to see the results 'cause it looked AWESOME.

Thanks!!

Yes. I'm waiting on the remaining pics from Kelly at the shop. She forgot to send the pics with the center dash installed.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Want them too but have some money problems now when I lost my job.
And NO, my choptop is not for sale...
I will keep working on it, but I am missing VDC kit and a pair of Mr Micke seats right know.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:

Thanks!!

Sides shots you ask ?? Here are a few from Daytona until curly gets the new ones from the shop.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good. Any more pics? Did you get the stronger struts?

Progress report?

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2005 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go madcurl

Hope you enjoy .

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay