Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Choptop Galloria.....post it here. (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Choptop Galloria.....post it here. by madcurl
Started on: 08-09-2004 03:26 PM
Replies: 835 (55489 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 11-27-2015 01:42 AM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't appreciate how good a chopped Fiero looks until you see it parked next to a stock Fiero. By comparison, its the stock Fiero that looks goofy - too tall.
IP: Logged
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

You can't appreciate how good a chopped Fiero looks until you see it parked next to a stock Fiero. By comparison, its the stock Fiero that looks goofy - too tall.

I agree... Dowian (?) that i think is in Europe somewhere and has the only CT in Euro....
Someone will post a comparisian picture...

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another choptop creation. I can't wait for this one when it's finished!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-25-2005).]

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

I haven't had the time to touch it since I brought it back from Florida. Will hopefully have it complete for next years show season.

Rob D.

Chester, must say that you've done a hell of a job on that fastback. But if I may suggest, see how it would look without either that spoiler or that Ferrari look bumper. Fastback Fiero's (especially CHOPPED ONES) are such good-looking cars that when people see them, they don’t recognize them. But when your pass them and they recognize the Ferrari bumper but see that the rest of the car isn't a Ferrari (especially w/ that rear spoiler) - it kinda steals its authenticity. Again, awesome car...I'd trade all my cars just to have something CLOSE to what you have, but just do an experiment...even ask for feedback from PFF'ers and see what they think of it without that metal spoiler...and maybe just a regular GT front bumper. IMO - its SWEET now, but it'd be JAW dropping after.

Best all!

SR

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot I had these.....kinda before and W A Y after shots!

------------------

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Falcon Fiero

2778 posts
Member since Jun 2002

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie !

Did you ever get more pictures of Ken's charchoal chop top car ??? Please do,...we are begging you hehehe !

We have got to get this guy on the forum and to some shows !!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every once in a while he sends me a picture (which I immediately post up to PFF) I always write him back right away but he never responds. I'm going to have to look up his phone number & call him next time.

Archie

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey Archie !

Did you ever get more pictures of Ken's charchoal chop top car ??? Please do,...we are begging you hehehe !

We have got to get this guy on the forum and to some shows !!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johnny Bumpus ( a 80's boxer)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three in-a-row?

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Three in-a-row?

I wish I had recorded audio with that shot, the comments were priceless!

Three Red "ish" choptops #14, #16, and #15

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Strange that all three are also 88's, V8's, and with sun-roofs too.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Strange that all three are also 88's, V8's, and with sun-roofs too.

I think it's cool that all 3 were different V-8's.

For anyone looking at them all together it made it kinda like a Whitman Sampler box of Chocolates.

Archie

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

netpro55

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2005 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not just because I have a notchie. But I think they look a little better chopped then the fastback. I guess cause they are kinda rare.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A group shot. Bump.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How's this for a record,.....4 chop top owners together at once !!

From left to right Jscott, Madcurl, Dowdian, and Jim88GT.

picture was taken at Daytona 2005.

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see more pictures of this Fiero!! (I know Exoticse posted some on page #3 but I want more lol )

Also I have a question. Does the 3rd Brake light effect any visual for rear view mirror when looking back or probably not?? Just wondering cuz of the shortened rear window.

P.S. Hey Archie *points down* lol.

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

How's this for a record,.....4 chop top owners together at once !!

From left to right Jscott, Madcurl, Dowdian, and Jim88GT.

It was great to meet Jscott and Dowdian, and to get to see Madcurls latest creation! The one on the right looks vaguely familiar......

Jim

picture was taken at Daytona 2005.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question, are all of these chops done by Archie or is someone else doing them? Also, is there anyone out there who has tried to do one on their own?
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I have a question, are all of these chops done by Archie or is someone else doing them? Also, is there anyone out there who has tried to do one on their own?

Did my own.. will have pics soon...
Choptop WideBody GT (custom widebody-not a kit)

sig pic is before the chop...

------------------

Choptytopped WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Archie has done 16. There are about a half-dozen or so homemade chop tops that I know of. No one else is doing chop tops professionally , (yet) Master Tuner Akiamoto is opening his own shop soon and will offer the service.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to try it but would need to see step by step how it would be done so as not to muck it up. Some of the aspects of the proceedure are common sense, like lowering the seats, angleing the windshield back, everything else I'm not sure about such as where to get a replacement back window and door glass- I guess just about everything else... Should this be a new thread? I think I'll start one to make it easier to search in the future.
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Finale:

I wanna see more pictures of this Fiero!! (I know Exoticse posted some on page #3 but I want more lol )

This is my car and it's STILL sitting in the garage with most of the body panels off, I was going to go with the GT look, but decided to go back to the 88 coupe look. I have a lot of projects and this one is getting lost in the pile so I've thought about selling it, if I do it will be posted in the for sale section.

jsshark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsshark1Send a Private Message to jsshark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, I have never seen a fiero with a choptop till now,I like it very much for my 88GT, is thier any one that dose this in california,( maybe in the north CA) I would like to get it done by some one how nows what they are doing. if not I have to try this in the future. whay to cool

jsshark1

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jsshark1:

wow, I have never seen a fiero with a choptop till now,I like it very much for my 88GT, is thier any one that dose this in california,( maybe in the north CA) I would like to get it done by some one how nows what they are doing. if not I have to try this in the future. whay to cool

jsshark1

Not in Nor Cal. You could talk to Orville, he's in Bakersfield and has done 2 himself. W

Welcome, by the way! Where in N. CA are you? I'm down by Santa Cruz. Check out Golden Gate Fieros if you haven't already, we have meetings every 3rd tuesday of the month at Mountain Mikes Pizza in Redwood City. http://www.goldengatefieros.org/

jsshark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsshark1Send a Private Message to jsshark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks FastBack 86 I started thinking I was the only one on this Forum in N. CA.
I am about 11/2 hour from you, I am in Concord CA. no I did not now about goldengatefieros
I will deffinitly look into that i was hoping thier was something like that around hier.
I now redwood city very well also, I was born and razed in San Francisco. I cant make it this 19th but I can plan on next month on making it to the meeting. how can I get a hold of Orville to ask him " if he would and how much " to set me up.

thanks again Fastback 86

jsshark1

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice Azz !

That chopper belongs to GMGW3

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jsshark1:

thanks FastBack 86 I started thinking I was the only one on this Forum in N. CA.
I am about 11/2 hour from you, I am in Concord CA. no I did not now about goldengatefieros
I will deffinitly look into that i was hoping thier was something like that around hier.
I now redwood city very well also, I was born and razed in San Francisco. I cant make it this 19th but I can plan on next month on making it to the meeting. how can I get a hold of Orville to ask him " if he would and how much " to set me up.

thanks again Fastback 86

jsshark1

You're welcome! There's an excellent body guy in Concord who's also on this forum. His shop is California Autobody. He's painted a lot of Fieros and built several. There are also people in Hayward, Fremont, Antioch, and Brentwood to name a few, so there's a bunch in the East Bay and up the delta. Best place to meet most of them is the Golden Gate Fiero's meeting, it usually starts at 6:30-7.

Only way I know of to get ahold of Orville would be to PM him here on the forum. Someone at GGF might know his number or someone else who does.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My latest all black primer look

Is that Miss-Tress-007 at the controls?

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks mean!!! WOW

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Shark let me give you a heads up,.... Orville apparently is a great guy with maaaaaaaaad skills, but he has made the decision " I am told" , to not do chop tops for anyone else but himself.

He does not want to get into it as a buisness or deal with any of those ramifications. However he might be willing i believe to give you tips and information if you want to do it yourself ?

I think several people have asked him already.

Maybe Archie should invest in a mobile choptop shop ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...I wonder what Mike is doing?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(Submitted by Madcurl !)

Frank Martin's forehead moment !

Daytona 2005

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Dells show 2005. My all time favorite chop'r....GBCT

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-13-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Btw, Frank stands...6'5" The chop'r was a little too short for him.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Mr. Prarie enjoying his Valentime gift from his wife.

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm...I wonder what Mike is doing?

Mike is an awesome dude. He drove a long ways just a day after he picked up the car from Archie's just to show off his car to me before I left the states for Iraq. I really wanted to at least see a nice Fiero before I left. He came to Jacksonville, NC near the Marine Base and had dinner at Chilies with some friends and I. My friends couldn't stop talking about how awesome the car looked. I didn't think I would be able to see the world's first choptop GT V8 with suicide door's. He showed it to us before he revealed it to the world at Daytona. It was my first choptop I have seen in person and got me to start thinking about it. I got admit the keyless door popper's were the definition of being a pimp lol.

the pose!! lol

------------------
prowling the pacific...

87 GT - V8 - 5 Speed

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tall people like Chop Tops..........

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Tall people like Chop Tops..........

Define Tall......................................................

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock