Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Choptop Galloria.....post it here. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Choptop Galloria.....post it here. by madcurl
Started on: 08-09-2004 03:26 PM
Replies: 835 (55523 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 11-27-2015 01:42 AM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay Jim88GT, my dinner is getting cold and my soda is warm.....wheres the pics? Hehehehehe.

We had the hurricaine dump 11 inches of rain here Saturday and Sunday - my detached garage became lakefront property The yard has finally dried up enough to drive on, so I promise to take some pics of it at our monthly club meeting Saturday afternoon. Should be able to scan em in by late Sunday for someone to post.

Jim

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

We had the hurricaine dump 11 inches of rain here Saturday and Sunday - my detached garage became lakefront property The yard has finally dried up enough to drive on, so I promise to take some pics of it at our monthly club meeting Saturday afternoon. Should be able to scan em in by late Sunday for someone to post.

Jim

Are you dry yet? Heheheheh.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim

Are you dried out yet? hhehehehe.

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you dried out yet? hhehehehe.

Yup - all dry I emailed you a couple pics! Post away

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's the pics of the home made red notchback chop top? I always find that one interesting. You'd have to lean back to drive it.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A good choptop pic comming up with different and one-off side vents......sweet!
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, the suspense of it all ))))
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're waiting............ tapping foot on floor.................. twiddleing thumbs................. HeLLooooooooo
jimmybpei

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would like to know what you guys are using for door glasses... this is an issue that never seems to be addressed

I'm sure other people would like to know befor they get started.. when the factory glass can't be reatained

would like ro know myself as well ..... hoping its not plexie

thanks
Jimmy B.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A good choptop pic comming up with different and one-off side vents......sweet!

Frresh soda (pop in the midwest) and popcorn for everyone !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-26-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimmybpei:

would like to know what you guys are using for door glasses... this is an issue that never seems to be addressed

I'm sure other people would like to know befor they get started.. when the factory glass can't be reatained

would like ro know myself as well ..... hoping its not plexie

thanks
Jimmy B.

http://www.v8archie.com/choptop.htm

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else have to waste valuable car project time mowing this much grass (4 acres)?

Jim

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone else have to waste valuable car project time mowing this much grass (4 acres)?

Jim

The Car looks sharp Jim.

Is this the same grass you had the car sitting on in the pics a few months ago?

Show us a pic of the engine.

Archie

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The Car looks sharp Jim.

Is this the same grass you had the car sitting on in the pics a few months ago?

Show us a pic of the engine.

Archie

That's affirmative.

No new engine pics since the ones I sent you a couple of months ago - have not done any mods to the engine bay other than installing some reflective heat insulation under and on the front side of the trunk. I did snag a Cadillac STS off EBAY 2 weeks ago (1998 Cadillac Seville STS Ebay#2486973852) Still saving for the new Wheels/big brakes

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on guys. More pics please.

Do yeah, do the bump?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haven't heard from Jim88GT for some time now?

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haven't heard from Jim88GT for some time now?

Check out the threads from RFTH - I was there and had a blast

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I am going to need to do that to my fiero!

------------------

84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man I want a chop but am afraid I'm too tall at 6'7", how tall are all you chop top guys?

------------------
*Sponsered by Sport Compact Pro*
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 - 88 Front End, Roof Wing, JVC Stereo, Red Neons

Signature by Ken86GT

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just pestering again. if someone could make a front vent to match this and the gt side vents i'd be real interested in getting one. a modded gt would look much cleaner if all the vents had the same pattern.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

just pestering again. if someone could make a front vent to match this and the gt side vents i'd be real interested in getting one. a modded gt would look much cleaner if all the vents had the same pattern.

Just go pick up some vents from the wrecking yard and make you some... That would be alot cheaper on you in the long run!!

PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i've made some wierd stuff, but i don't think i could pull that off clean enough. i keep thinking someone making a matching set of this rear vent and a front to match would get some business. hopefully enough to make it worth doing.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check out the threads from RFTH - I was there and had a blast

Hey me too! You did do a good job to your fiero!

------------------

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 10-09-2004).]

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Fiero2M4:

man I want a chop but am afraid I'm too tall at 6'7", how tall are all you chop top guys?

yeah i asked this before but got no response......i'm 6'3 and have stock seats, i'd like to know if i would fit.

6'7"?? geeeezus man, i'm surprised you don't have a targa top already!!
do you fit nicely?

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

Hey me too! You did do a good job to your fiero!

Thanks - still a work in progress - got big brakes, wheels, and a paint job left to finish it up. Somehow, the old bank account always seems to get diverted to other more essential items
stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I get the $$$ come in I am deffinately getting a chop top. I love all these cars.
Galen

------------------
Make it FAST or don't make it :)
LITTLE RED BOMB
www.velocityaircraft.com

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are one pic of my choptop.
More will come

Regards SHARKMAN

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Here are one pic of my choptop.
More will come

Regards SHARKMAN

Lookin' Good.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We haven't seen this one for a while.

Built this one a couple of years ago. The customer just dropped me an EMail today with this one picture and a note saying "You did this car about 2 years ago. I'm still amazed at the attention I
get when I take it out for a ride. I love it!!!"

I asked him to send more pics.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-18-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn! Thats the car that started my fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: Archie, does the guy drive it alot? Do you think he will ever go to a Fiero show?

Oh yes, we need more pics!

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn! Thats the car that started my fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that is about what..?? 110* You lil' devil!

PFF
System Bot
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well its not done, and its not archies, but it definetly is chopped. and i love it. I have had quite a few cars in my life so far and driven quite a few amazing cars, and this fiero i wouldnt trade for the world.

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
by the way my car may not come along as quickly or look as pretty but ive done it on a budget. and Everything that is done to the car v8 included has been done by me. I have to say Archie has been my biggest inspiration since i bought a fiero in 2000. i just stumbled onto his website one day becuase i heard someone talk about a v8 in a fiero. I have to thank you archie. i hear a lot of **** talked about you but ive called you twice not even interested in buying things just with questions about your kit as i bought one second hand. So really thanks so much i just hope u dont mind me trying to mock your ideas they are just too good to improve on, like how u supported the finale roadster, with the plates up the bulkhead that will be hidden by the center console.And the hidden 2x2 in the rockers. i had to do the same because i love how u did it without being able to see it in the car because i was originally going to put some sort of braces through the car like a roll cage. well sorry to go off on a rant like that but i wanted to express my opinion there. Thanks Archie.

justin

ps if u ever find yourself short on employee's give me a ring haha

www.peaker.com

thats where i work now 6000 hp turbo charged train and marine engines lets put that in a fiero oh wait its 4x the size

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
i got my first impressions of being 6 2 and sitting in the chop top last night, i seem to fit alright if i slouch down in the seat, then again my friend kevin is 6 7 and thinks he will be able to drive it, altho not comfortably, i think with an aftermarker steering wheel ill be able to get my knees up higher with the wheel closer to my chest. i plan to do some experimenting, i want to be comfortable

justin

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
oh and one last thing, special thanks to madcurl as well as all the other chops. Madcurls car i think is the nicest looking fiero around and i think it makes me wanna make mine look just as amazing.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I´am glad that my choptop have the sunroof. That gives a extra inch...

My car is droped about 2.5" (6cm) and the front window is droped 13 degress

Regards SHARKMAN

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ShueGlue, I see you're in Fowlerville, I'm in Lansing and also have a chopped Fiero. Mine was chopped by Archie several years ago and it's currently has all the body panesl pulled off it. I'm hoping to paint it next spring. Welcome to the forum.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics

and one on my old car that was about to be choped when I found the one above.
Wanted to be the only one In Sweden with choptop and now I am

Regards SHARKMAN

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 10-19-2004).]

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks choptop we will have to cruise around this spring.

justin

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ummm...? A view, side-by-side.

Thanks Sharkman for posting pics. We love it!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-07-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock